• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    The Shadow is not the standard SP-01 with a steel frame (well not JUST that). I believe it has the addition of a FO front sight, has the firing pin block removed, higher cut trigger guard, and a different hammer.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, if you are new to CZs their lineup can be a bit confusing. The longest model names ever. And then there are all the copies.

I'm actually considering picking up a Springfield P9 in .40. It a CZ 75 copy they did in the early 90s with Tanfoglio. Anyone have any experience with this one?
    Are there any CZ variants that should be avoided? I see a lot of people bad mouthing EAA. Is it a quality issue or more a customer service thing. Many of their guns look on par with any other CZ I've seen.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    EAA imports the Witness among others. The Witness is a wonderful model - all of the tiers, from base to the flagship are awesome. They're all Tanfoglio built.

EAA's problem (only from what I've read), is a few key employees within EAA that have zero social skills. I've never had to deal with EAA, but the stories are less than encouraging.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    What LEaSH said. Tangfolio Witness is a great pistol, but EAA sucks. I picked up a Canik 55 recently, and it's amazing. On par with my CZ'z and quite a bit cheaper. I think Tristar is importing their entire line now.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The 75BD pops up fairly often. The Police model is a little harder to come by. From my understanding the differences between the two models are very slight.

There are several differences:
    The CZ 75 BD police has
    1) Loaded chamber indicator
    2) Lanyard loop
    3) Serrations on the front and back of the grip
    4) Serrations on the front of the trigger
    5) Extended magazine release
    6) And it says "Police" on the slide

mine also has night sites. Im not sure if that is standard to the Police model or not, but mine came with them new.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    There are several differences:
    The CZ 75 BD police has
    1) Loaded chamber indicator
    2) Lanyard loop
    3) Serrations on the front and back of the grip
    4) Serrations on the front of the trigger
    5) Extended magazine release
    6) And it says "Police" on the slide

mine also has night sites. Im not sure if that is standard to the Police model or not, but mine came with them new.

Clay, not all Police models are identical, if you hang out on the CZ forum members have posted getting the Police model without the front serrations. CZ is notorious for having "leftover" models that are overstock from big sales that produce these curious models.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Holy crap Macs! You're right!

I have 2 Phantoms and I can't tell the difference from the one in the pic.

I give...UNCLE!

I just know they shoot like a dream (my P01's do too) and the Koolaid is delicious!

Can I quote you to my wife? She would disagree vehemently with your first statement.

I currently own a 75 Shadow T, SP-01 Shadow, P-01, and a 75B in .40 and they all shoot well. My P-01 is a bit small for my big hands to shoot for too long at the range however.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on a 97. Love my 75 and wouldn't trade it for anything, either. Fits my hand like a glove (and not the OJ Simpson kind of glove-fit, either).

Top Bottom