• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Nice shooting.:yesway:

1. I always smile when I see your name since you are 1 of only 3 here I've gotten with (but Thursday am I am getting with a 4th for a range play time. :rofl:
    2. You were missed by Ggreen and I this week when I was first was exposed to the CZ, and he is hoping we can do a range time with you later.
    3. I had a trade opportunity with a CZ P-10 for my FNS from a member, but I declined b/c I had bought the Omega, and didn't think I needed two.
    4. Did I do the correct thing? My research says the heavier 36.4ish oz. and all metal, and a hammer and longer barrel, was the correct thing to do even though I could have had less money invested with the trade.
    5. Any input from the CZ people would be appreciated. :coffee:
    6. I love reading about how the experienced churchmouse is having fun with the CZ Shadow (I think that is the one).

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    1. I always smile when I see your name since you are 1 of only 2 here I've gotten with (but Thursday am I am getting with a 3rd for a range play time. :rofl:
    2. You were missed by Ggreen and I this week when I was first was exposed to the CZ, and he is hoping we can do a range time with you later.
    3. I had a trade opportunity with a CZ P-10 for my FNS from a member, but I declined b/c I had bought the Omega, and didn't think I needed two.
    4. Did I do the correct thing? My research says the heavier 36.4ish oz. and all metal, and a hammer and longer barrel, was the correct thing to do even though I could have had less money invested with the trade.
    5. Any input from the CZ people would be appreciated. :coffee:
    6. I love reading about how the experienced churchmouse is having fun with the CZ Shadow (I think that is the one).

The p10 is a completely different gun than a CZ 75. The omega refers to the trigger system. It can be decocker or cocked and locked like a 1911. IMO yes you made a mistake. You want to get rid of the FNS and the p10 is a good pistol. Its in my top 5 favorite handguns at the moment. Top 3 if you round up the different models of glocks into 1.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's very difficult to render a verdict as to whether a deal is a mistake or not. Evaluating guns is very subjective. All you can say is you took another step along the path. Even it you decide later that it was a misstep you will have gained in experience and that is rarely a bad thing.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The p10 is a completely different gun than a CZ 75. The omega refers to the trigger system. It can be decocker or cocked and locked like a 1911. IMO yes you made a mistake. You want to get rid of the FNS and the p10 is a good pistol. Its in my top 5 favorite handguns at the moment. Top 3 if you round up the different models of glocks into 1.

1. I didn't expect that feedback, but that is what inexperience is all about.
    2. I was wanting a range toy (not a CC) that was more accurate than what I had and (unlike my usual) was willing to pay for the privilege (to a point) and I wanted:
    a. heavy
    b. long barrel
    c. better trigger (not that I notice, just trying to learn)
    d. hammer instead of striker-fired
    2. I hope I can fire the P-10 someday to compare them and see the error of my ways.

It's very difficult to render a verdict as to whether a deal is a mistake or not. Evaluating guns is very subjective. All you can say is you took another step along the path. Even it you decide later that it was a misstep you will have gained in experience and that is rarely a bad thing.

3. True, I have gone down wrong roads before, but I just sell and get the better choice when I learn.
    4. I enjoy the process, so it doesn't matter much, although I rarely have a gun (this was the first) that I put up for trade and not for sale.
    5. When I get through testing my 9mms and if the CZ stays on top, the other FNS (Longslide) will be put up on the "trimming block" as well.
    6. i was hoping to snag a Glock or HK, but in my weakness I had a chance to get yet another .22LR revolver, so I went for it, being an even trade (Ruger SP100 stainless steel).
    7. I will enjoy putting it head-to-head against my Ruger GP100. I don't even know if I'll keep it, since I have the Taurus 990, and the Taurus is more accurate than my Ruger GP100, so I can't sell it, even though it is the "same" gun, of which so is the SP100, but I enjoy such things: testing/record-keeping.
    A Dan Wesson .22LR didn't make the cut and I sold it, and it came highly recommended.
    8. Right now I'm enjoying going through my semi-autos, trimming, with the Walther P22QD going to be on the block when I get around to it, b/c I like my Shield Compact .22 better, but even it might go if I decide to cut my "lightweight" semi-autos down. I almost traded for a Ruger 22/45 instead of the S/P100, but good .22 revolvers come along rarely and I have 8 semi-autos (.22LR) already and only 3 revolvers. :rofl:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

+1

I have never regretted buying a gun.

I have regretted owning a few though....

While I encourage "try before you buy", I need a several range trips before I decide if I like something and if it likes me.

The P10C is very Glock 19-ish but with a better trigger (IMHO) and better ergonomics (IMHO). Both of these are HIGHLY subjective and I did replace with stock P10C trigger shoe with an HBI one. Great $65 spent.

Practice and practice with that 75 Omega. If you discover you have found "your" natural platform, you will like what comes next in the world of CZ. A finely tuned CZ trigger can be an epiphany.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that the Omega trigger has some tuning limitations versus that trigger group in the other 75 series CZ's? Not that it can't be good...just has its limits.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ....but that is what inexperience is all about.

Time to drop the inexperienced moniker. You have more experience in more handgun platforms than some of the "experts" that tell you what you should think. You seem to shoot regularly, have an interest in improving your marksmanship skills, are considering formal self-defense training, have put more rounds down range than the average owner, have shot or owned NUMEROUS firearms, listen to the opinions of others, research firearms, etc. While I appreciate your self-deprecation, you are not inexperienced.

Oh, while I am picking on you. May I refer you to 12 months of my (and others) suggestion that you try a CZ or ten? :D

As you settle into have one range gun (OK - that might be a little optimistic of me...), you might just find yourself slowly creeping up the cost/quality/performance ladder. I hope you do. Lots of guns can make you smile, some guns keep you smiling.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Time to drop the inexperienced moniker. You have more experience in more handgun platforms than some of the "experts" that tell you what you should think. You seem to shoot regularly, have an interest in improving your marksmanship skills, are considering formal self-defense training, have put more rounds down range than the average owner, have shot or owned NUMEROUS firearms, listen to the opinions of others, research firearms, etc. While I appreciate your self-deprecation, you are not inexperienced.

Oh, while I am picking on you. May I refer you to 12 months of my (and others) suggestion that you try a CZ or ten? :D

As you settle into have one range gun (OK - that might be a little optimistic of me...), you might just find yourself slowly creeping up the cost/quality/performance ladder. I hope you do. Lots of guns can make you smile, some guns keep you smiling.

I agree with mcapo. You aren’t as inexperienced as you claim to be. Just not dedicated to a single platform so you don’t show the experience you have quite as clearly as others. Working on things like trigger control and learning to interpret what you feel will help a bunch, could also make you really like guns and really not like others. I’ve ended up really preferring hammer fired guns over striker fired simply for how the triggers feel.

For the record, I’m like you in that I’m not dedicated to a single platform so I can’t find fault in that path and not be a hypocrite.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I wondered if anyone would notice that while some are criticizing me I just keep plodding along shooting. :rockwoot:
    2. For all the flak I get for all the wrong things I do and am doing:
    I'm going to the range nearly every day,
    buying cases of ammo (got 2 cases of 9mm/1000 rnds. each and a case of CCI .22LR/5000 rounds) just in the past week,
    buying targets (finding one I really love: 5 in 1 with the red, grey and black),
    slowly spending more money getting other platforms,
    and getting holsters on the side (don't say much b/c that gets more criticism than guns themselves :laugh:),
    and having fun listening to what people say and trying to up my game (me owning the FNS then up to the CZ in short order should speak volumes on how I'm a blank slate with no dog in the fight and I am listening and learning despite my ignorance and having a blast in the process.
    3. I'm just slow to get onboard with some things since there is alot of voices out there, and I have trust issues. :laugh:
    4. The self-deprecation humor is a landmark of my style, glad that you recognize it. :rofl: I take life seriously, but not myself.

5. I had to laugh at the "picking on you" comment: this site is mild compared to the car club I was active in for 8 yrs. I finally got tired of the younglings and their attitudes and faded away, but I have some life-long friends there and if it hadn't of been for my surgery, I would have went on 2 car drives this summer.
    6. Yes, that is remarkable how my journey took me around to the CZ, and I do reflect on the irony of such things, but some things I have to learn through my own journey.
    7. If there had been someone that I knew and trusted early on, it would have saved me so much time, but I have loved the journey and it hasn't cost me any money since I have sold for what I paid or more except for twice, and just a few bucks, which like my self-deprecating humor, I like playing the poor card. Good Grief! I have thousands in my guns and I never had this much money in any motorcycle or even one antique car!

8. I have said it will be interesting to see what the 2nd year brings!

I agree with mcapo. You aren’t as inexperienced as you claim to be. Just not dedicated to a single platform so you don’t show the experience you have quite as clearly as others. Working on things like trigger control and learning to interpret what you feel will help a bunch, could also make you really like guns and really not like others. I’ve ended up really preferring hammer fired guns over striker fired simply for how the triggers feel.
    For the record, I’m like you in that I’m not dedicated to a single platform so I can’t find fault in that path and not be a hypocrite.

9. I'm laughing that 2 people at least have figured out that my experience level has been growing quietly and w/o fanfare.
    10. So true about dedicating myself to a platform. I was headed that way with my love and appreciation for the S/W Shields and Compacts, then I met a Glock 26 and it turned my world upside down, then I loved the FNS, but then CZ got on my radar: IS THERE NO END TO THIS! :laugh:

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    8. I have said it will be interesting to see what the 2nd year brings!

9. I'm laughing that 2 people at least have figured out that my experience level has been growing quietly and w/o fanfare.
    10. So true about dedicating myself to a platform. I was headed that way with my love and appreciation for the S/W Shields and Compacts, then I met a Glock 26 and it turned my world upside down, then I loved the FNS, but then CZ got on my radar: IS THERE NO END TO THIS! :laugh:
    There is no end, in fact you will circle back around the block to the same thing again later on down the road. I have some guns that I currently dislike, but previously liked and vice versa. It's grueling, you'll question your sanity as will others, but it doesn't really matter as long as your enjoying the journey along the way. Just remember, you are not alone, but you do broadcast your internal thoughts and decisions a little more than others, but that's okay too because that's who you are.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There is no end, in fact you will circle back around the block to the same thing again later on down the road. I have some guns that I currently dislike, but previously liked and vice versa. It's grueling, you'll question your sanity as will others, but it doesn't really matter as long as your enjoying the journey along the way. Just remember, you are not alone, but you do broadcast your internal thoughts and decisions a little more than others, but that's okay too because that's who you are.

1. I get that. I rented (free) and shot the Beretta 92 at the range the other day (wondering why I didn't keep the one I had) and liked the way it felt better than the CZ I bought, but the CZ was more accurate for me.
    2. I was actually looking at a small 9mm (one I've owned early on) to replace my Glock 42 since it is a .380 and I'd like to eliminate that caliber if I could find a small enough 9mm.
    3. But, my Shield was only 1 or 2 hairs bigger here and there, so not the right size (Ruger LC9S) to take the place of the Glock .380.
    4. I love to process in print, it's very therapeutic for me, and I'm an open book.
    5. In my circles I am known for my total honesty and you always know what I'm thinking, but, paradoxically, I have to keep the secrets of others and am known for being tight-lipped when it comes to others. Yes, a total paradox. :dunno:
    6. It is fun that some of the guys are getting my profile down, and I have really enjoyed the few that I have met in person. (Can't wait to meet churchmouse someday, I gave him such headaches till I learned how to navigate here w/i the boundaries.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another range day testing out the "new" CZ 75 B Omega against the FNS Longslide with a touch of Glock 26.
    Short version: at 30' the CZ wins all 3 "divisions."
    At 20' the CZ wins 1 and loses 1.

20 feet:
    rg3r9by.jpg
    Ur3pz5q.jpg

Red at 20':
    FNS = 12 total
    CZ 75 = 9 total
    Glock = 4 total (estimate)

Red and Grey at 20':
    CZ 75 = 20
    FNS = 18
    Glock = 12 (estimate)

Red, Grey and Black at 20':
    CZ 75 = already had all 20 shots in
    FNS = 18
    Glock = 16

Red at 30':
    Omega = 9

Glock = 8 (estimate)
    FNS = 6

Red and Grey at 30':
    CZ = 19

FNS = 17
    Glock 26 = 14 (estimate)

Red, Grey and Black at 30':
    CZ = 22

FNS = 17
    Glock 26 = 16 (estimate)

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Your groups are night and day when you compare pre cz to your post cz ownership days.... just sayin lol

1. I was hoping you would comment b/c I thought so too! :thumbsup:
    2. I've not studied them (pre/post), but thought my groups were better as well (less white outliers with my favorite 5 in 1 targets with the red, grey and black cirlces).
    3. Yes, the CZ crash "trigger-training" that you started and gmcttr reinforced, then my training last Sat. was really focused on it, was 3 times in a week that I was reminded about it.
    4. I was applying it to my .22 revolvers yesterday and will do so with my semis tomorrow: fun times for me!
    5. Before: :shoot: and after: :ar15: Some small improvement! :rofl: Future: :draw: Notice the concentration. :laugh:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    1. I was hoping you would comment b/c I thought so too! :thumbsup:
    2. I've not studied them (pre/post), but thought my groups were better as well (less white outliers with my favorite 5 in 1 targets with the red, grey and black cirlces).
    3. Yes, the CZ crash "trigger-training" that you started and gmcttr reinforced, then my training last Sat. was really focused on it, was 3 times in a week that I was reminded about it.
    4. I was applying it to my .22 revolvers yesterday and will do so with my semis tomorrow: fun times for me!
    5. Before: :shoot: and after: :ar15: Some small improvement! :rofl: Future: :draw: Notice the concentration. :laugh:

Haste makes waste.

Top Bottom