• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You sir, just need to shoot a Cajunized CZ. You are making good groups, now imagine if you actually had a good trigger.

Well done sir!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You sir, just need to shoot a Cajunized CZ. You are making good groups, now imagine if you actually had a good trigger.
    Well done sir!

1. I did get to shoot gmcttr's Shadow 2 last Friday, but I didn't have my 5 in 1 targets to compare my 75 B Omega to it.
    2. I've read many good things about it! :thumbsup:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... now imagine if you actually had a good trigger...

doddg has a Ruger semi-auto with a trigger that has a fairly smooth DA and a crisp SA break without creep that I thought was pretty good.

I don't remember the model but hopefully he'll remind me what it is.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    doddg has a Ruger semi-auto with a trigger that has a fairly smooth DA and a crisp SA break without creep that I thought was pretty good.
    I don't remember the model but hopefully he'll remind me what it is.

1. Ruger P89:
    [h=2]Manufacturing[/h]
    [h=3]Made By:[/h]Ruger (United States)
    [h=3]Produced:[/h]1991 – 2007
    [h=3]MSRP: *[/h]$525.00

[h=2]Ammunition[/h]
    [h=3]Calibers:[/h] 9x19mm
    [h=3]Capacity:[/h]15+1 rounds (9x19mm)

[h=2]Dimensions[/h]
    [h=3]Type:[/h]Full-size
    [h=3]Weight:[/h]32.0 oz(907 g)
    [h=3]Length:[/h]7.8″(197 mm)
    [h=3]Barrel Length:[/h]4.5″(114 mm)

[h=2]Design[/h]
    [h=3]Operation:[/h]Semi-automatic, Short recoil
    [h=3]Trigger:[/h]DA/SA
    [h=3]Frame:[/h]Aluminum
    [h=3]Slide:[/h]Carbon steel or Stainless steel
    [h=3]Finish:[/h]Blued, Stainless
    [h=3]Grip:[/h]Polymer (integrated)
    [h=3]Sights:[/h]Fixed
    [h=3]Safety:[/h]Slide-mounted manual safety or decocker
    [h=3]Hammer:[/h]Ring-type

Note: could not find any info on the width of grip, but it feels "fat."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another short range day with the CZ 75 B Omega Convertible vs. the FNS (again).
    Tomorrow I'm supposed to get the CZ SP-01 Tactical, and then I'll run it against the 75, and it better be better!

Short version for today: CZ 75 Omega BIG winner in the RED.

20 feet; 5 shots each target
    wTtw2GM.jpg

CZ 75 B Omega Convertible
    RED: 3 + 4 = 7 total
    RED and Grey: 5 + 5 = 10 total

FNS Longslide
    RED: 2 + 2 = 4 total
    RED and GREY: 4 + 5 = 9 total

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just curious, do you ever measure the group size with a tape measure when you're doing these accuracy comparisons? Or are you just going by how many hits in the red and grey area? The reason I ask is that even though you may not get as many hits in the red with one gun, it could be more accurate than the other gun by having a smaller group size that was grouped outside the red or grey area. I haven't compared all your targets in all your range reports, but I'd hate to think you're solely judging accuracy of a gun by hits in the red area. The reason I say that is, there's a good chance your sights on the gun need adjusted, to move your groups into the area you're actually aiming at. For example, the FNS appears to be shooting right of center and the CZ left of center. If you adjusted your sights, you would effectively put more hits in the bullseye area.

Think of it this way, if gun A shoots a 2" diameter group of 5 shots, but it's in the grey area and gun B shoots a 3" group that's in the red area, even though gun B has more shots in the red, gun A is the more accurate gun. Does that make sense?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Also, depending on the gun, the sights are to be used with one of 3 sight acquisitions. 12 o'clock, 6 o'clock and POA/POI. Which sight acquisition used will depend on the distance you are shooting at. Usually the manufacturer will tell you in the owners manual or you can research on their website. Or just use trial and error yourself at various distances.

This will determine where you aim at on the target for elevation so the shots aren't above or below the center of the bullseye.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just curious, do you ever measure the group size with a tape measure when you're doing these accuracy comparisons? Or are you just going by how many hits in the red and grey area? The reason I ask is that even though you may not get as many hits in the red with one gun, it could be more accurate than the other gun by having a smaller group size that was grouped outside the red or grey area. I haven't compared all your targets in all your range reports, but I'd hate to think you're solely judging accuracy of a gun by hits in the red area. The reason I say that is, there's a good chance your sights on the gun need adjusted, to move your groups into the area you're actually aiming at. For example, the FNS appears to be shooting right of center and the CZ left of center. If you adjusted your sights, you would effectively put more hits in the bullseye area.

1. Good points.
    2. Yes, I have in the past measured the "groups" distance, but have gotten lazy and just used the targets colors.
    3. But, today I did look at some "groups" when I shot the targets "numbers," but I didn't include that with the pics, in order not to have the targets too busy and be confusing.
    4. Yes, sights need to be adjusted, and I've never done that, but that will the next step.

Think of it this way, if gun A shoots a 2" diameter group of 5 shots, but it's in the grey area and gun B shoots a 3" group that's in the red area, even though gun B has more shots in the red, gun A is the more accurate gun. Does that make sense?

5. I totally get that and will have to deal with that as I fine-tune the guns.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Also, depending on the gun, the sights are to be used with one of 3 sight acquisitions. 12 o'clock, 6 o'clock and POA/POI. Which sight acquisition used will depend on the distance you are shooting at. Usually the manufacturer will tell you in the owners manual or you can research on their website. Or just use trial and error yourself at various distances.

This will determine where you aim at on the target for elevation so the shots aren't above or below the center of the bullseye.

1. Yes, I have read about that and at this point I'm simply trying to adjust as I shoot at each distance.
    2. I need to learn the terminology.
    3. Appreciate the input! :thumbsup:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I hope that didn't come off as me being condescending towards you or belittle you in any way. I just didn't want you to rule a gun out based solely on the hits in the red or grey and overlook the group size itself, no matter where it landed in relation the bullseye.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I hope that didn't come off as me being condescending towards you or belittle you in any way. I just didn't want you to rule a gun out based solely on the hits in the red or grey and overlook the group size itself, no matter where it landed in relation the bullseye.

1. No issue at all: I appreciate it.
    2. I had already seen that and it seems like I discussed in a thread somewhere.
    3. I'll google about how to adjust sights (nearly all my guns need some adjustment) and take the tools and take care of it at the range.
    4. Before I do that, I'll take some sort of gun rest, or maybe find one online (most seem to be for rifles).
    5. I'm in no hurry particularly to get rid of a gun until I'm sure, but it seems obvious even from the shooting I'm doing which guns are stronger than others and which are fairly even, and that's the case with the .22LRs as well.
    6. The FNS Longslide will probably be going (trying to trade for other CZs right now), and based on my shooting my 75 Omega that got beat out by my shooting someone else's SP-01, I will verify that my original CZ (75 Omega) will need to go.
    7. Right now I'm trying to trade my FNS Longslide, but I assume after testing tomorrow, the 75 Omega will join the trades to get a Rami, or even a Glock 17 or 19 maybe, just for fun.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...3. I'll google about how to adjust sights (nearly all my guns need some adjustment) and take the tools and take care of it at the range....

Simply move the rear sight in the direction you want the 'point of impact' to move. Hitting low...move the rear sight up. Hitting to the left...move the rear sight to the right.

This can be done by trial and error, or use this calculator to determine the amount of sight movement needed. Sight Correction Calculations

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I know that 75, intimately. The sights are dead nuts. I let a lot of different people shoot that pistol and everyone found center fairly easily. You will just end up tapping the sight back to where it is.

I don't know why you keep flipping through these guns. Getting rid of the fns 9l for another cz? Then getting rid of the cz75 for a rami, that you will never carry, makes little sense to me. It's your game and do what you will, but why? Then talking about getting a glock 17 in the same paragraph as getting rid of the fns??? A glock 19 makes even less sense to the observer, as you will definitely never carry one. The rami is heavier and larger than your 42, it is more complex and has more dangly bits that can catch and slow your draw from a pocket holster. You like your revolver, and you like the 42. Stick with your carry pistols. I would suggest a glock over an fns, but only to someone who wants holster selection (moot point for your uses) accessories (also moot point as you run all your guns basically factory and do not invest in them as you don't get your money back for mods), for range purposes the 17 will not be different than your fns, but will be shorter, which is a negative for you.

You get to shoot a lot more than most people through the summer, and you've got years of experiences to catch up on when it comes to variety. I get it, but you don't have to buy every gun you like that you get to shoot when out with friends. You're about to have 2 very different full size cz's, and it sounds like you are enjoying them. I would keep them both. Maybe put a light on the tactical to add that extra weight you desire. I wouldn't have let that omega go had it not been getting replaced with another 75omega, I can't justify two pleasure pistols that are basically identical besides threaded barrels and sights. But I could justify having an old school non railed frame cz75 with a broke in omega trigger and maybe a tactical sp01 (but I'd want the omega trigger again). But trading a 75b for a rami that you won't carry??? Small compacts are just not that much fun to shoot, unless your training with them for carry.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Simply move the rear sight in the direction you want the 'point of impact' to move. Hitting low...move the rear sight up. Hitting to the left...move the rear sight to the right.
    This can be done by trial and error, or use this calculator to determine the amount of sight movement needed. Sight Correction Calculations

1. Sometimes I don't even see anything to screw/adjust: no flat-heads, Phillips or hex, just a hole with nothing apparently there: I'll have to get out the light.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    1. Sometimes I don't even see anything to screw/adjust: no flat-heads, Phillips or hex, just a hole with nothing apparently there: I'll have to get out the light.

IF I recall correctly it has a set screw in that hole. I never adjusted them as it shoots dead ring from a rest. You have to loosen the set screw then tap the sight with a punch and hammer side to side to get it to move in the dovetail. They are not easily adjustable target sights

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I know that 75, intimately. The sights are dead nuts. I let a lot of different people shoot that pistol and everyone found center fairly easily. You will just end up tapping the sight back to where it is.

I don't know why you keep flipping through these guns. Getting rid of the fns 9l for another cz? Then getting rid of the cz75 for a rami, that you will never carry, makes little sense to me. It's your game and do what you will, but why? Then talking about getting a glock 17 in the same paragraph as getting rid of the fns??? A glock 19 makes even less sense to the observer, as you will definitely never carry one. The rami is heavier and larger than your 42, it is more complex and has more dangly bits that can catch and slow your draw from a pocket holster. You like your revolver, and you like the 42. Stick with your carry pistols. I would suggest a glock over an fns, but only to someone who wants holster selection (moot point for your uses) accessories (also moot point as you run all your guns basically factory and do not invest in them as you don't get your money back for mods), for range purposes the 17 will not be different than your fns, but will be shorter, which is a negative for you.

You get to shoot a lot more than most people through the summer, and you've got years of experiences to catch up on when it comes to variety. I get it, but you don't have to buy every gun you like that you get to shoot when out with friends. You're about to have 2 very different full size cz's, and it sounds like you are enjoying them. I would keep them both. Maybe put a light on the tactical to add that extra weight you desire. I wouldn't have let that omega go had it not been getting replaced with another 75omega, I can't justify two pleasure pistols that are basically identical besides threaded barrels and sights. But I could justify having an old school non railed frame cz75 with a broke in omega trigger and maybe a tactical sp01 (but I'd want the omega trigger again). But trading a 75b for a rami that you won't carry??? Small compacts are just not that much fun to shoot, unless your training with them for carry.
    Because HE wants to, it's not about what YOU want.

Take a :chillpill: already man, I can see the steam coming off my monitor just from reading your post.

Let the man do what he wants, it's okay to advise, but you seem to be coming off as pretty intense here and like you're telling him what to do.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Because HE wants to, it's not about what YOU want.

Take a :chillpill: already man, I can see the steam coming off my monitor just from reading your post.

Let the man do what he wants, it's okay to advise, but you seem to be coming off as pretty intense here and like you're telling him what to do.

Nah, I've shot with him just don't want to see him walk into a deal that won't fit. I like doddg, and he has an open invite to come shoot with me anytime. I know that flipping through guns can get expensive and would rather give advice before rather than after a friend makes a deal that doesn't seem like a good fit.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nah, I've shot with him just don't want to see him walk into a deal that won't fit. I like doddg, and he has an open invite to come shoot with me anytime. I know that flipping through guns can get expensive and would rather give advice before rather than after a friend makes a deal that doesn't seem like a good fit.
    Ah, gotcha. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean to come off like a d**k, sorry if I did. It's the internet and sometimes I misinterpret things.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ah, gotcha. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean to come off like a d**k, sorry if I did. It's the internet and sometimes I misinterpret things.

No worries i'm the king of coming like an ***hole in text alone. Forums are a place to share ideas, some like doddg, share more than most so we get a better feel for what to advise.

I could have written it less jerkish like this I guess, I think rather than a glock you ought to trade for a proper and squared away beretta 92. Keep the tactical, keep the fns, and trade the omega for a nice m9. That would round out your shooting options really well. I think your time is wasted on a glock 17 or 19 while you have the fns. The 17 won't be as big as your fns 9l, and a 34 is probably going to be out of your budget, and size seems to be important to you. You mentioned to me that you liked the feel of the 92, and I imagine that if the one you had would have looked good you would probably still have it. RAMI, well i'd try and shoot one before you buy/trade for one they are not fun range toys. I don't think they will have that magic spark you are looking for.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    IF I recall correctly it has a set screw in that hole. I never adjusted them as it shoots dead ring from a rest. You have to loosen the set screw then tap the sight with a punch and hammer side to side to get it to move in the dovetail. They are not easily adjustable target sights

1. I wasn't referring to "yours" b/c I really don't remember from the 4 guns I shot today which one it was:
    CZ 75 B Omega, FNS Longslide, GSG 1911-22 or Ruger Mark 4 Target.
    2. If it was your 75, and you've already adjusted it so "it shoots dead ring from a rest," I don't need to do anything to it: thanks for speaking up! :thumbsup:
    3. When I go back and look at some of the targets, the 75 Omega might be shooting a little low, but not much, and since you have sighted it in: it could all be me.

Top Bottom