• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    Thanks. I understand what you mean. I really want a P07. Pretty sure I will get rid of the P10c. Hoping to trade for P07. I have the p10c with threaded barrel in Urban gray.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Thanks. I understand what you mean. I really want a P07. Pretty sure I will get rid of the P10c. Hoping to trade for P07. I have the p10c with threaded barrel in Urban gray.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Idk sent people don't like the u.g. I personally love it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    :scratch: Not sure why anyone would choose the un-modifiable clone rather than the highly upgradeable original.

My Tanfo Hunter had a trigger that was every bit as clean and crisp as the SAO conversion the Wizard did on my 75. Sure it was a heavier trigger, but that part is easily corrected if one wishes. I was content with 4lb trigger in it.

And I will disagree in the un-modifiable view, they just aren’t as easily modifiable as the CZs.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Because they make a 10mm! :):

I loved my former Witnesses, but I wills say that the 10mms are kinda scary. Everyone I saw had peening and the one I had developed cracks after 200 rounds. I had it fixed, replaced it with a full size 40 wonder finish and never looked back.

The Witness can be VERY upgrade-able, just not to the Glock like Cadillac upgrade-ability that the CZs have. Tangos seem to offer models, as opposed to high aftermarket support, to get what the customer needs. Need a full on comp gun? Get the Gold series (which I've shot and its on par with the Shadow series from CZ). Need a carry gun? Pass over the PO1 and get a Compact. Tango fulfills needs, but not necessarily wants though. It seems you have to tinker or realize maybe I don't NEED XYZ part or mod, which is a turnoff to some, but honestly, for what I used mine for (steel, IDPA and HD pistol), I didn't need to do much other than fiber optic sights, dryfire the heck out of the action and spring work. Super grips, slide rackers, single action only, etc... Didn't need. Again, personal preference.

I think they are every bit the gun the CZ is, just lacking a little in the finish department, but for what new CZs are going for, I'd take a Witness any day if offered.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    :scratch: Not sure why anyone would choose the un-modifiable clone rather than the highly upgradeable original.

I thought I knew where the switch was but did not know the voltage was that high :) .

FWIW, as somebody else noted you can do everything to a Tanfo that you can do to a CZ, Patriot Defense is the most common domestic source of CGW like goodies.

Tanfo is/was a CZ clone but the CZ Shadow 2 is a Tanfo clone so there is a smidge of goes around - comes around.

Two fun brands to own and tinker with. Just playing.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There was a change in design sometime back now that took care of the 10mm problem. A few months I could have told you what they changed, but I’ve since forgotten. Anything current or built in the last several years won’t have the issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've always admired the Witness compact in .45 but the front sight can't be changed without milling and that has always been a deal breaker for me.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    they just aren’t as easily modifiable as the CZs.

Actually a lot of folks think they are easier to work on because you avoid the part about fiddling with the little plungers and springs in the frame for the safety. I never thought that was a big deal but I do not miss having to mess with it, more of a nuisance on my guns because I used the DSPerman extra power safety springs so I wouldn't accidentally bump the safety on during a match.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Actually a lot of folks think they are easier to work on because you avoid the part about fiddling with the little plungers and springs in the frame for the safety. I never thought that was a big deal but I do not miss having to mess with it, more of a nuisance on my guns because I used the DSPerman extra power safety springs so I wouldn't accidentally bump the safety on during a match.

I never tried, never felt they needed it. I just recall reading through the Brian Enos forum of higher chance of pieces needing to be “fit” than you see with the CZs. Doesn’t mean that’s 100% true, just things they talked about.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I never tried, never felt they needed it. I just recall reading through the Brian Enos forum of higher chance of pieces needing to be “fit” than you see with the CZs. Doesn’t mean that’s 100% true, just things they talked about.

I think CZ tends to be better at hitting dimensions consistently that Tanfo, that said if I wanted to be fussy about triggers I ended up fitting disconnectors with either brand and the rest was polish and drop in for both so for me personally things worked out the same. I do have one Tanfo Frankengun that was a major pain in the butt to get right though.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    I'm sure it's been covered since this topic is 4 pages deep but if you're a 1911 shooter you will love CZ's.

My opinion: the frame to slide fit on a CZ feels like the natural evolution of the 1911 for me. While the 1911 has always been my favorite, reversing that fit does a lot for overall ergonomics and accuracy, the simplest of which is allowing you to get as close to the bore axis as any pistol I've ever held. I'm pretty sure the design was introduced around '85 but since that's about 70 years after the 1911 I'll stick to my "evolution of the design" theory.

If you're a 1911 fan I think you'll be a bigger CZ fan. That's what happened to me anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure it's been covered since this topic is 4 pages deep but if you're a 1911 shooter you will love CZ's.

My opinion: the frame to slide fit on a CZ feels like the natural evolution of the 1911 for me. While the 1911 has always been my favorite, reversing that fit does a lot for overall ergonomics and accuracy, the simplest of which is allowing you to get as close to the bore axis as any pistol I've ever held. I'm pretty sure the design was introduced around '85 but since that's about 70 years after the 1911 I'll stick to my "evolution of the design" theory.

If you're a 1911 fan I think you'll be a bigger CZ fan. That's what happened to me anyway.

1911 fanboy since I was 12 years old. I just clicked 69 years on this rock and I still favor the 1911 but yes,I am a serious fan of the CZ. I ave a PCR and a Phantom scheduled for full monti upgrades

Top Bottom