• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    I would like to go down that road myself. A friend just got rid of one not too long ago. I have been sitting on a little cash waiting for an opportunity ever since. Always keep a gun fund or it will bite you like it did me!!

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    To the OP....no cz52? they are the epitome of reliable, function, never fail, and interesting. Plus they are cheap and take the 7.62x25 tokarev round. I love mine. i also enjoy my cz75....and my makarov cz's......and the do have a habit of breeding.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    To the OP....no cz52? they are the epitome of reliable, function, never fail, and interesting. Plus they are cheap and take the 7.62x25 tokarev round. I love mine. i also enjoy my cz75....and my makarov cz's......and the do have a habit of breeding.

I actually did have a 52 briefly. It was cool. Turned out I wanted something else more so it had to go. I don't have a lot of money so, usually, if I want a gun I have to sell or, perish the thought, wait and save.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you think the CZs are addicting now, don't try the ex Czech police pre B guns. Those will drive you broke in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just tested my "new to me" Kadet adapter on my 75BD in the 105 degree heat at MCFG today. WOW is that fun. Too bad I only lasted 25 min in the sun before calling it a day. I need to source more Kadet magazines.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yikes, you two are making me nervous.

As stated, no knock on the platform. It ran well and it is pleasing enough to the eye. Not everybody wants or likes a Mustang, same thing with a gun. My hand and shooting style (early rockape) do not work well with these guns.
    Get what you like. Get what fits you and your shooting style. If this is your first handgun as stated up thread I would ask if you have shot one or more variants of the CZ. If not, try one or more out before you purchase. If I had one you would be welcome to try it but alas, I do not.
    Luck with the purchase and enjoy it, safely.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Yikes, you two are making me nervous.

That's why there are different manufacturers. What works for us, might not work for you.

I had a few FTF's with USAAMMO's 9mm "new" ammunition on my SP01 Shadow, I'd say one every 50 rounds or so. I use S&B 115gr now and haven't had any issues except for the rare FTF every thousand rounds or so.

Stuff happens, they're mechanical devices.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love my Cz 75 sp01 shadow target. Used it at a match 2 weeks ago without live fire practice !!Took me time to get used to shooting it as i am so used to shooting glocks. horrible match...DA TO SA takes a little time to get used to. I did a lot better last sundays match though.

compared to my glock 34:
    - perceived recoil less than g34 with my reloads.( cz heavier)
    -DA / SA transition takes getting used to.
    - even with a vanek GM classic trigger, g34 still seemed a little mushy.very nice trigger break on the cz. Reminds me of my dan wesson valors trigger.
    - slower to transition from one target to another.( weight?)
    - gripping the cz feels more natural. Slide faster to level off when aiming . No need to turn the wrist down to aim.
    -a pain to clean!! I love how i can detail strip a glock easily every time i clean it.

woodcox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Westside of Indy
    CZ Mods

CZ pistols are amazing for the price! But what I find most amazing is what they can become with a good trigger job. And with some mechanical skill you can do a lot of it yourself. David Milam at Cajun Gun Works has some drop in parts that can greatly benefit the CZ trigger and the customer service is superb!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    CZ pistols are amazing for the price! But what I find most amazing is what they can become with a good trigger job. And with some mechanical skill you can do a lot of it yourself. David Milam at Cajun Gun Works has some drop in parts that can greatly benefit the CZ trigger and the customer service is superb!

+1 for CGW. His floating trigger pin is a must have.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Shot my new CZ 75BD for the first time

great groupings, and man I love handling that gun. I think I shot better with that pistol than any other I own. Loved it.

Top Bottom