• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Hey Onebad,

Slightly off topic, but do you know details on how the ASR mount failed? Was it the locking ring on the can, threads crack, etc?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How about we start wildly speculating about the range?

Then we could start specious arguments!!!

Surely no trouble would come from that, would it?

I am quietly speculating in my head.

Along these same lines, if we start throwing out names, then they have to deny the ones who aren't it, and we can figure it out by process of elimination. :)

That'll totally work.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    How about we start wildly speculating about the range?

Then we could start specious arguments!!!

Surely no trouble would come from that, would it?

:p

I'll only name them when they quit trying to help and if he's told to name them from legal counsel

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I wonder what kind of damage/liability disclaimer language is posted in the store or is on any forms one may have to fill out to use the range?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Name the range. I can tell you if I had $1000 sitting downrange, I'd be raising fifteen different kinds of hell until they called a ceasefire - NO WAY I'm waiting hours to retrieve my property.

As for the can...there have been similar issues happen with Omegas before; almost (if not) all have traced back to improperly mounting the can on the ASR mount. If the lock ring is even slightly not wide open while screwing the can on, the can may not properly seat on the ASR mount and pressure inside the can blows it off the ASR mount, even with the lock ring 'closed', because it isn't properly seated. In this case, quick attach done too quickly can have consequences.

Not saying that is what happened...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

/owns 2 Omegas
    //haven't launched one yet

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Is their "trying to help" going to end up with them paying for everything?

I would say it's a no brainer. They're not paying for a brand new can ($1000+), the stamp, shipping, transfer fee, and cover. Not to mention possible illegal possession of an NFA Item.

My opinion is they should be liable 100% and it's BS owner has to wait yet another 9+ months because they wouldn't inconvenience customers for 5 silly minutes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am sitting here gritting my teeth so as not to type how I would have dealt with that mess.

Once told "NO" I would have gotten the line shut down myself......retrieved my property and left never to return.
    That is the PC side.....the language used and gestures shared is another story all together.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I was at this range when they opened first thing on Sunday morning and the guy behind the counter was looking at a blown up omega. I asked WTF happened there and was told a customer did not have it on the gun properly and it blew down range. I told the guy that sucks! I was asked why the guy did not take it and he said its ruined and theres nothing he can do with it.... I found it very strange. I was there right when they opened so they employee must have been looking at it from the day before. I found this weird that they had someone elses suppressor this is a pretty bad violation of the law as I see it, even if the item is not usuable you can not be in possession of suppressor parts. If was the owner of this place, I will not say the name but its on the west side, I would be pretty upset seeing that sitting on the counter for all to see with out having the proper paper work.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would say it's a no brainer. They're not paying for a brand new can ($1000+), the stamp, shipping, transfer fee, and cover. Not to mention possible illegal possession of an NFA Item.

My opinion is they should be liable 100% and it's BS owner has to wait yet another 9+ months because they wouldn't inconvenience customers for 5 silly minutes.

Your reply is confusing (or my brain is in neutral). Are they offering to cover all costs?

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Yes they are they have 2 suppressors on the rental wall. I asked them if they where class three too when I was there and was told yes by the young guy who was playing with the suppressor.

Top Bottom