• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes they are they have 2 suppressors on the rental wall. I asked them if they where class three too when I was there and was told yes by the young guy who was playing with the suppressor.

So they could have put it on their books, couldn't they?

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    This is my go to range I was shooting my new suppressor there this weekend and now I hear this story it really make me mad!! Its the closet range to my house in Brownsburg, originally it was supposed to be built in Brownsburg..........

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is my go to range I was shooting my new suppressor there this weekend and now I hear this story it really make me mad!! Its the closet range to my house in Brownsburg, originally it was supposed to be built in Brownsburg..........

You could always let them know why you won't be going back until they make it right. Even then, I doubt I'd ever go back.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    There is no way I would ever leave my class 3 item with anyone who is not on my trust unless it was a ATF agent period! Even a baffle out of a can I would not leave some where! I would have called the local PD I have dealt with the local cops out there and there pretty nice guys to deal with. Im sure they would have gotten the item. This is of course after they got called from me making a stink about wanting my class 3 stuff back!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Name the range. I can tell you if I had $1000 sitting downrange, I'd be raising fifteen different kinds of hell until they called a ceasefire - NO WAY I'm waiting hours to retrieve my property.

As for the can...there have been similar issues happen with Omegas before; almost (if not) all have traced back to improperly mounting the can on the ASR mount. If the lock ring is even slightly not wide open while screwing the can on, the can may not properly seat on the ASR mount and pressure inside the can blows it off the ASR mount, even with the lock ring 'closed', because it isn't properly seated. In this case, quick attach done too quickly can have consequences.

Not saying that is what happened...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

/owns 2 Omegas
    //haven't launched one yet

I am sitting here gritting my teeth so as not to type how I would have dealt with that mess.

Once told "NO" I would have gotten the line shut down myself......retrieved my property and left never to return.
    That is the PC side.....the language used and gestures shared is another story all together.

There is no way I would ever leave my class 3 item with anyone who is not on my trust unless it was a ATF agent period! Even a baffle out of a can I would not leave some where! I would have called the local PD I have dealt with the local cops out there and there pretty nice guys to deal with. Im sure they would have gotten the item. This is of course after they got called from me making a stink about wanting my class 3 stuff back!!!

all of this

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Assuming this is the same place, I'm kinda relieved it isn't the place I like.

I mean, I don't have anything against your place - I'm sure its lovely. I'm just glad this isn't my place. Yet.

x72821

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Bloomington
    What failed about his ASR Mount? Did the mount simply come undone due to too little torque/locktite when it was installed? or did the mount itself fail. If the mount failed, call SilencerCo. They will repair/replace the can under warrenty with no cost. If the mound did fail due to defect, have your buddy snap some pictures and post them here, I would be interested in seeing what went wrong.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/68iknh/damaged_omega_due_to_range_rules/

w21M4TI.jpg

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    IMHO, if SilencerCo wants to, it can be repaired.

Notice the serial number, MFG and Model are all intact. It's just the tube, you can part is off on a lathe and weld back to spec. Misalignment isn't gonna be an issue since the bore is cut on a wire EDM machine after the whole thing is put back together. The bore will be cut concentric to the mount.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    This is why I only go to Atterbury. The people who run the range aren't idiots. :)

And -1 to the people intentionally shooting at the surpressor on the ground, just being dicks. No way that was accidental.

Those RSO's are NAZI's.

They are the reason I shoot at private conservation club, I call my own ceasefire.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    This looks the same as the one I looked at Sunday morning but maybe at a different place?? I ate at the Mexican place across the street after shooting there and hearing the trains go by. I maybe at a different place then where this one happend but what are the odds of 2 omegas in one city or state getting blow apart the same weekend. Just saying. Hope it works out. If they didn't let you get that can off the range I will never go there again!

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton
    So they could have put it on their books, couldn't they?

From my understanding, they can not take possession of a suppressor like this unless for repair. And it'd also be interesting to see if they indeed entered it into their books or not, since they did force possession of an NFA item.

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton
    This looks the same as the one I looked at Sunday morning but maybe at a different place?? I ate at the Mexican place across the street after shooting there and hearing the trains go by. I maybe at a different place then where this one happend but what are the odds of 2 omegas in one city or state getting blow apart the same weekend. Just saying. Hope it works out. If they didn't let you get that can off the range I will never go there again!

I may be interested in chatting more with you. Based on that description, you may have shown up shortly before I did. Surely there's not that many ranges with blown up Omegas this weekend fitting that description.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Me thinks you have given it away.

Top Bottom