I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So any new news churchmouse on the springfield

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got it back. The invoice pretty much said I was wrong and the sight just needed adj. and they just had to "Center" it up.
    Bull ****. The target they sent was still slightly left and high.
    To use the firing pin as a starting point to center the rear sight it is visibly obvious that it is still slightly right of center. I have not shot it yet but hope to on Friday morning at our weekly range session.

If it is still off I am not sure what path I will take but the wording in the invoice and the way CS rep spoke to me is not far off from how you were treated by DW.

I have lost that loving feeling for SA.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I got it back. The invoice pretty much said I was wrong and the sight just needed adj. and they just had to "Center" it up.
    To use the firing pin as a starting point to center the rear sight it is visibly obvious that it is still slightly right of center. I have not shot it yet but hope to on Friday morning at our weekly range session.

If it is still off I am not sure what path I will take but the wording in the invoice and the way CS rep spoke to me is not far off from how you were treated by DW.

Well, how did it shoot?

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin

So when’s it going to hit the classifieds?....Just asking for a friend with a 1911 accumulation problem. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, how did it shoot?

It shot well enough. The mark I put on the original barrel is gone so it was changed but not stated as so on the invoice.
    I suppose this is business as usual thee days.
    It runs fine. Well enough. I am still a bit miffed as to the treatment and lack of disclosure. I have (at least for now) lost that loving feeling but I am keeping the gun......Doc...:):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It shot well enough. The mark I put on the original barrel is gone so it was changed but not stated as so on the invoice.
    I suppose this is business as usual thee days.
    It runs fine. Well enough. I am still a bit miffed as to the treatment and lack of disclosure. I have (at least for now) lost that loving feeling but I am keeping the gun......Doc...:):

I'm pretty sure by past treatment with SA towards me that they're not going to say squat. No real info to share but I have a gut feeling that the legal tongues have left a mark in all departments of gun manufacturers.
    The only real issues I've had with them are over a set of night sights off a gun I bought used. The 12 yr warranty on them was 3 months over and I was told if they still had a little light in them they would have been replaced. Even at that they gave me a great price on a new set of factory night sights.
    Worst problem I've had was on a Brazilian/US/?aftermarket hybrid with a worn out trigger. They took care of it as well but I felt scolded like a 5 yr old when all was said and done.
    They did hold up their end of the bargain though some of the dikheads I had to deal with left me with a "cheap wine" feel when I hung up with them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have to shake my head when I hear or read about really bad customer service in the gun industry.

My own tale of woe arose when I returned the slide of an often criticized 1911 maker's compact to their shop for night sight installation. This was in the days when people had trouble removing their factory rear sights and they charged a reasonable price. Upon the slide's return with new sights, the first time I had the gun at the range, the tritium vial in the front sight broke. I returned it and they replaced the front sight. Then it happened again. When I returned the slide again, the shop manager accused me of breaking the vial when I installed the front sight with a punch and hammer. He claimed he could clearly see the marks where the punch was applied. In addition to the accusation, he was condescending and rude when he told me it had to be done with a sight pusher and not with a punch and hammer the way I had allegedly done it. That's when I whipped out my invoices and read the details to him regarding the sight installation ... which had occurred in his shop. Both times. He was lying about any punch marks (there were none), but if anyone used a punch and hammer on that sight, it happened in his shop. They grudgingly replaced the sight again, but I never shot that pistol after that. Unacceptable.

Top Bottom