• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Wow, thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I am not buying another. I usually didnt get a whole paragraph.noth that your exchanges were more pleasant. Sounds like their customer service is headed south.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The TRP came back yesterday. From the looks of it (no testing yet) the rear sight is not centered on the firing pin. Noticeably to the right.

This is the target they sent back. Still left. Out of the box it was low left. 7:00 low of the plate at 15 yds. Elevation adj. put it dead on 9:00 left off the plate same distance. To get it center plate the rear sight was wound as fr right s it would go. Unacceptable on this gun.

I am anything but pleased.

4EOWGXf.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ouch! Wasn’t that your grail TRP?

Yes.
    This might end badly. Th invoice said I need to adjust the sights to my shooting and alluded to the fact I was not aware they are adjustable. I left a very clear and well worded note in the bag with the gun. It explained everything.

I m just north of Pi$$ed off right now.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Evidently companies don’t realize that customer service is what keeps them coming back. Seems to be lacking everywhere these days.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sorry about the luck folks are having with DW in this thread, and CM, really sorry to hear about the TRP situation with Springfield.

I've never had an issue with any of my DW's (outstanding function, accuracy, fit-and-finish), and as one of my favorite marquees, it pains me to see the customer service issues reported in this thread. What's curious to me is that unless I misread something, both the DW's in question here are the Bruin 10mm model, right? Not that this in any way excuses DW not making a $2K pistol right, but this commonality is odd, like maybe something isn't right with the Bruin model in particular.

Regardless, at the price point we're talking about here, we are within our lanes to expect a very high degree of perfection that the manufacturer should deliver on or be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Well, after this thread has got me thoroughly scared, I soaked down my Bruin 10 and took her for a couple hundred rds. Whew, made it through. Took a real hard look again inside and doesn't have any of the so called acceptable machining marks either. Wonder why DW is now saying their high dollar firearms are ok with a little factory markings? Regardless of "every one has an off day" mentality, they should still stand behind their product and make it right. These type of threads (not only here but other forums as well) will steer new buyers elsewhere.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Churchmouse I hope Springfield will take care of it.They need to at least respond to your hand written note not just ignore your input. If they think your wrong in anyway they should tell you measurements or bore sighting or something. Makes me think they didnt check. Just assumed.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think they deal with so many dumb people, they just assume everyone is dumb. I remember a guy complaining about failures of his high dollar custom 1911. He finally got the crusty owner to take it in for a look. They fired a couple hundred rounds with no problem and sent it back. The guy was mad because he sent a video of him having failures and the owner refused to watch it because he had no problems when he shot it. Finally someone went to the range with him and noticed his finger was riding the slide and keeping it from going into battery.
    Churchmouse I hope Springfield will take care of it.They need to at least respond to your hand written note not just ignore your input. If they think your wrong in anyway they should tell you measurements or bore sighting or something. Makes me think they didnt check. Just assumed.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Yeah just responding to original concerns is huge and to back it up with something quantifiable. When you dont respond directly its douchey. Not good buisness practice. I am in the maintenance field for work so I get a lot of bogus problems. But I try to always show them what's going on directly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah just responding to original concerns is huge and to back it up with something quantifiable. When you dont respond directly its douchey. Not good buisness practice. I am in the maintenance field for work so I get a lot of bogus problems. But I try to always show them what's going on directly.

I have been true blue supporter of SA even through the political stupidity not long go. We have owned/modified untold numbers of them. Normal mount of issues long that path. This situation and they way I was spoken to and referred to in the invoice is troubling to me. This will be the last gun I buy that directly impacts SA's bottom line.

I will know more what to do after I run it on Friday.

Top Bottom