• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    well I have been contacting dan Wesson through the email support. Their gunsmith is pretty hell-bent that it was my fault. I will continue to update you guys throughout this fiasco. I appreciate your input. I will probably send out the gun tomorrow for repair.

Repair, no way. Replace is more like it. That looks like some of the AMT Hardballers.
    Those kind of issues should not happen for the coin they cost. Period.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Well it's off. Shipped fed ex. I gotta say this Dan Wesson has been a terrible experience. Keith says it's a minor repair they will not replace it.looks like I'll left holding the bag.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well it's off. Shipped fed ex. I gotta say this Dan Wesson has been a terrible experience. Keith says it's a minor repair they will not replace it.looks like I'll left holding the bag.

Interested to hear how it goes. I'm hoping they at least provided the shipping label?

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Repair, no way. Replace is more like it. That looks like some of the AMT Hardballers.

I agree but funny thing is I got a hardballer with almost 2k rounds rails look better than this dw with only 150 through it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got an old Colt in SS that was sent back to the factory for "Competition Use". Actually I think my son has it now.
    You wouldn't believe the welding on the slide and frame to tighten it up. Long ago 1911s were made to rattle and run.
    It runs perfect and has for decades but the under side of the slide and frame is scary to look at.
    I'd let CZ/DW do their thing before I wadded up my knickers. They're not going to give you back a POS. Good company there.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    That's exactly how I feel. This shouldn't have happened and I shouldn't have to wonder if my gun has got more issues.

Last edited:

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    I've got an old Colt in SS that was sent back to the factory for "Competition Use". Actually I think my son has it now.
    You wouldn't believe the welding on the slide and frame to tighten it up. Long ago 1911s were made to rattle and run.
    It runs perfect and has for decades but the under side of the slide and frame is scary to look at.
    I'd let CZ/DW do their thing before I wadded up my knickers. They're not going to give you back a POS. Good company there.
    I understand that dw has a good rep but for 2k. This isn't something I wanted to deal with. I have a few stainless guns from cheap to 1100. This was my first venture to higher end and it's crapped the bed in 3 boxes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I understand that dw has a good rep but for 2k. This isn't something I wanted to deal with. I have a few stainless guns from cheap to 1100. This was my first venture to higher end and it's crapped the bed in 3 boxes.

Keep us up to date please. There are a lot of us in the Forum that own these.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I saw the post over there and wondered why Keith didn't say he would look at it first before just stating in an open forum that they would repair not replace.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just read his reply. Let them do their thing.

Agreed, I'd stay on top of it, but would let them do their thing. You have stated your expectation, now let them look at it and have a chance to make it right. No need to **** in their corn flakes right off the bat, as you won't get far that way. If/when there is a reason to no longer be nice, then do so at that time. And if they do make it right, then post that as an update in any thread on any forum where you stated the problem.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Agreed, I'd stay on top of it, but would let them do their thing. You have stated your expectation, now let them look at it and have a chance to make it right. No need to **** in their corn flakes right off the bat, as you won't get far that way. If/when there is a reason to no longer be nice, then do so at that time. And if they do make it right, then post that as an update in any thread on any forum where you stated the problem.

That was the plan. To wait and see. Just thought some who read this might also want to follow the other thread.

Top Bottom