• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I use the Lucas Extreme duty grease and oil, no issues with my stainless Commander.

Other than the idiot scratch and holster wear!

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    I use the Lucas Extreme duty grease and oil, no issues with my stainless Commander.

Other than the idiot scratch and holster wear!

Thanks. I have heard from a friend he likes the Lucas product s. I am pretty sure with such small intervals between cleaning and lubrication it was a manufacturing defect. There are videos of guys who just put lithium grease on the rails and shot 250 rounds no issues found when cleaning.

How long have you been using the Lucas products? Have you ever done like a dirty run to see how long it stays running. 1000 rounds or more.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sig was peddling that white lithium stuff for several years so I used it. I never liked the way it seemed to quickly wash away with just a bit of CLP.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Sig was peddling that white lithium stuff for several years so I used it. I never liked the way it seemed to quickly wash away with just a bit of CLP.

Yeah I would actually prefer a moly Based grease over lithium. For the reason you stated plus most lithium will dry pretty quickly. Just took shells oil class at work sounds like most greases would work short term .they will plow your mind with small differences and what adding something like sodium will do.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have used the Lucas Extreme duty for about two years now, I have attended a few AR Classes using it the grease sticks very well over several thousands of rounds and seems to work in tune with the oil you will find the bolt cam pin still greased and oiled after a few thousand rounds. I find it a better product than CLP that I used prior you don’t really need to wipedown and re oil at the end of the day. It appears to work equally as well on all my sidearms.

I guess even DW lets a bad one out every now and again. I remember the AMT hard baller had a similar problem years ago. But as you did I dropped the extra money not to have “issues”.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    I have used the Lucas Extreme duty for about two years now, I have attended a few AR Classes using it the grease sticks very well over several thousands of rounds and seems to work in tune with the oil you will find the bolt cam pin still greased and oiled after a few thousand rounds. I find it a better product than CLP that I used prior you don’t really need to wipedown and re oil at the end of the day. It appears to work equally as well on all my sidearms.

I guess even DW lets a bad one out every now and again. I remember the AMT hard baller had a similar problem years ago. But as you did I dropped the extra money not to have “issues”.
    Wow sounds like it does its job pretty well.ive heard guys say the same about slip 2000 and their ewg. I am looking to do more rifle classes. I really enjoyed the valor ridge class that I took. I rarely run over 1k without cleaning but I have pushed my e series to 1500 before I started to see failure to ejects.but it faired extremely well with no wipedowns or anything. It made it through the whole class over 2 days no issues. I was extremely happy with it. It took a few months after to get near 1500 and dont know if the oil just started to absorb into the grime.

But just wiped it off with a cloth and reapplied oil. Back to reliable function

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Never cared for the CLP products. No specific reason.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    When RobertRichardson got my SS TRP he mentioned a tried and true formula for SS 1911 tight tolerances, maybe he'll pop in and give his recipe

Don't know about all that tried and true stuff but, CM called it right in his post about the Permatex Assembly Lube. I use it on the rails and it will make about any 1911 feel like it's running on ball bearings. I tried in super cold weather and yeah, it will slow the slide velocity. What I did try was after putting the lube on the rails and just running the slide by hand on the frame, adding 1 drop of Mobile 1 synthetic engine oil on the rails and the stickines was gone, ran fine. Lucas also makes a synthetic assembly lube ,green in color.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've got an old Colt in SS that was sent back to the factory for "Competition Use". Actually I think my son has it now.
    You wouldn't believe the welding on the slide and frame to tighten it up. Long ago 1911s were made to rattle and run.
    It runs perfect and has for decades but the under side of the slide and frame is scary to look at.
    I'd let CZ/DW do their thing before I wadded up my knickers. They're not going to give you back a POS. Good company there.

It was common to weld under the slide to tighten up aim, change the extractor and mags for waddcutter, for competition use.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I understand that dw has a good rep but for 2k. This isn't something I wanted to deal with. I have a few stainless guns from cheap to 1100. This was my first venture to higher end and it's crapped the bed in 3 boxes.

Stainless is hard to work with because of the grain and it being so hard. Plus it holds heat. I'm going to assume there's more friction. Blue steel for me.

samspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Don't know about all that tried and true stuff but, CM called it right in his post about the Permatex Assembly Lube. I use it on the rails and it will make about any 1911 feel like it's running on ball bearings. I tried in super cold weather and yeah, it will slow the slide velocity. What I did try was after putting the lube on the rails and just running the slide by hand on the frame, adding 1 drop of Mobile 1 synthetic engine oil on the rails and the stickines was gone, ran fine. Lucas also makes a synthetic assembly lube ,green in color.
    Hey thanks for the info.appreciate the wealth of knowledge from the guys on this site.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have come to the add a drop of synthetic to that mix for cold weather use. I had a qt of Royal purple racing oil on the shelf. :yesway:

Last edited:

arctic427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Indy
    I had the same problem years ago with a Coonan I have they have a proprietary red grease that works wonders on stainless I've used it on several other guns and it works great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had the same problem years ago with a Coonan I have they have a proprietary red grease that works wonders on stainless I've used it on several other guns and it works great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My brother had similar issues with a Coonan back in the early 90's.
    Stainless steel galling. But that gun was impressive. He actually EDC'd that gun for a while.

Top Bottom