• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Am in the middle of reading Cheney's book- In My Time, and I must say, it is a very good read.

I met him out in Wyoming when he was a Senator, many years ago, and I remember my Dad saying about him, when we were leaving the conference, how he was a great Patriot. That stuck with me, and I've always felt he's done things which were always in the best interest of "My Country".

JMO

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So what? Is this just the new rendition of "Blame Bush?" Crikey, he's gone.
    Gone but not forgotten. I will lay blame where I think it is due.

I just thought I would see if other people have been barfing all week, listening to him pimp his book on the so-called conservative talk shows.

No Limits: A Tale of Government Gone Wild
    , by Dick Cheney

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cheney would be a felon in Indiana.

And a coward.... had 5 draft deferments during the Vietnam War.

and he's certainly not the guy you want to go hunting with...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I found it interesting on Hannity that Cheney said when President came out an said he wanted to know who had passed the info about the CIA person to the media, the Libby thing, that Colin Powell was standing there next to Bush. They later found out that Powell had known all along who it was an never told the President. The president stands there an says he wants to know an you don't tell him.......enemies in your own house.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Patriot Act. Warrantless wiretaps. Illegal war. Ignoring Habeus Corpus. Secret prisons. Torture. War profiteering.

"Conservative hero" indeed.

Cheney Still Strongly Supports Waterboarding: "No Apologies"

cheney_grr.jpg

No apologies.

which war was illegal?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    which war was illegal?

An interesting question, since Bush had permission from Congress to take military action against our attackers. And since they didn't confine themselves to one country (Afghanistan), we started countering them wherever they showed up. So we've had operations in the MidEast, Africa, the Far East, and in Europe with our NATO allies. But don't forget, the Dems were FOR the War on Terror, before they were against it. You will note, perhaps, the lack of protest from the Left over the "war" in Libya that got no Congressional approval - because they weren't asked.

In Malaya in the 60s, it took the British 10 years to put down the Communist insurgency, probably the first successful suppression of a "war of liberation." Americans love conventional war because we're so good at it, compared to all our recent opponents. That's why folks who want to defeat us engage in asymmetric warfare, because we, as a people don't have the stomach for continuing a war until we win it, no matter in what arena the conflict is played out. When you're in a war for survival, and we are, whether you believe it or not, you do what is necessary to win. A corollary is that you make a lot of mistakes as you learn about your enemy and its capabilities. If you adapt successfully and stick to the program, you eventually defeat your opponent. Our problem is that we don't stick to the program long enough.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    An interesting question, since Bush had permission from Congress to take military action against our attackers. And since they didn't confine themselves to one country (Afghanistan), we started countering them wherever they showed up. So we've had operations in the MidEast, Africa, the Far East, and in Europe with our NATO allies. But don't forget, the Dems were FOR the War on Terror, before they were against it. You will note, perhaps, the lack of protest from the Left over the "war" in Libya that got no Congressional approval - because they weren't asked.

In Malaya in the 60s, it took the British 10 years to put down the Communist insurgency, probably the first successful suppression of a "war of liberation." Americans love conventional war because we're so good at it, compared to all our recent opponents. That's why folks who want to defeat us engage in asymmetric warfare, because we, as a people don't have the stomach for continuing a war until we win it, no matter in what arena the conflict is played out. When you're in a war for survival, and we are, whether you believe it or not, you do what is necessary to win. A corollary is that you make a lot of mistakes as you learn about your enemy and its capabilities. If you adapt successfully and stick to the program, you eventually defeat your opponent. Our problem is that we don't stick to the program long enough.

That is what gave them the guts to try something like 9/11, After the barrick bombing in Beruit, we left, we wanted to smoke all of them. Somllia (Black Hawk down) same. The first bombing of the twin towers (Truck bomb) we did'nt learn in Beruit, all Clinton did was lob a couple of cruise missles into a baby food factory and called it a day, they figured that would be all we would do this time, if Al Gore had been in office that could have happened. Say what you want about the Bush era, their has not been another Know attack on u.s. soil!!:), right or wrong give him that!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Gone but not forgotten. I will lay blame where I think it is due.

So does the current White House occupant. That doesn't make it right or relevant.

I ask again, who the flip cares?

I just thought I would see if other people have been barfing all week, listening to him pimp his book on the so-called conservative talk shows.

Of all the things you have the opportunity to bring to our attention and you focus on the National Enquirer ****?

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    So does the current White House occupant. That doesn't make it right or relevant.

I ask again, who the flip cares?

I certainly do. I agree that pointing fingers does no one any good. I don't know about Rambone, but for me, bringing up the shortfalls of past administrations has nothing to do with laying blame. It has everything to do with awareness. I can be mad about our current situation, but if I forget that a so called conservative Republican helped get us here, I'll just vote for another so called conservative Republican to get the so called liberal Democrat out of office. I'm sure you've heard the quote about forgetting history and being doomed to repeat it.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cheney would be a felon in Indiana.

And a coward.... had 5 draft deferments during the Vietnam War.

and he's certainly not the guy you want to go hunting with...

It seems we meet again, bub.

I cant say I blame him for getting deferments, a lot of people did.Cheney received deferments for college (like many rich kids did), but Cheney had to pay his way through school. And for the 5th deferment, he was granted 3-A status because his wife was pregnant. Cheney received legitimate deferments. He has never hid his reasoning, He openly stated that he had "other priorities than military service in the 60's" when asked about his deferments by George C. Wilson in 1989.

Clinton received deferments because he really is a coward, a coward with connections (he had them back then too).

I would much rather have Cheney than Kerry (someone who has admitted to shooting himself to get recognition and awards).

Not everyone is meant to serve, Cheney was one that was able to do what he wanted.

As for hunting with him, I bet you he can cook up a mean steak (in addition to having plenty of stories).

It seems youve got an issue with someone that is far better for the country than what the dems or libs have put out pretty much ever (except for JFK, he would likely be considered a fiscal conservative in this day and age).

:ugh:

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    theres also more than 1 way to serve your country..as he did

Touche, Destro. :+1:

I almost forgot he was Sec. of Defense under HW and as a director of the Council on Foreign Relations during the early/mid 90's (Its been a long day).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems we meet again, bub.

I cant say I blame him for getting deferments, a lot of people did.Cheney received deferments for college (like many rich kids did), but Cheney had to pay his way through school. And for the 5th deferment, he was granted 3-A status because his wife was pregnant. Cheney received legitimate deferments. He has never hid his reasoning, He openly stated that he had "other priorities than military service in the 60's" when asked about his deferments by George C. Wilson in 1989.

Clinton received deferments because he really is a coward, a coward with connections (he had them back then too).

I would much rather have Cheney than Kerry (someone who has admitted to shooting himself to get recognition and awards).

Not everyone is meant to serve, Cheney was one that was able to do what he wanted.

As for hunting with him, I bet you he can cook up a mean steak (in addition to having plenty of stories).

It seems youve got an issue with someone that is far better for the country than what the dems or libs have put out pretty much ever (except for JFK, he would likely be considered a fiscal conservative in this day and age).

:ugh:

Noticed you skipped over the the two DUI within a year. But, that aside, if my country ever cam calling for my service, she wouldn't have to ask FIVE times; child or no. How many times would it take before you answered the call?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    theres also more than 1 way to serve your country..as he did

Maybe he knew he was a lousy shot, ask his lawyer....,lol.... an did his country a better service by not going. Nam has alot of history, alot really don't know the truth an history about it....my brother was drafted then had to volunteer 3 times to go over an fight. His words coming home.."I'll never let the Ba****** take my son to the next war." I'm proud of my brother, I'm not ashamed of those who got deferments. I believe it was a war we never had to fight, our politicians decided the outcome after WWII.

Top Bottom