• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Do I care to waste my energy fighting against something based upon reason alone that does not adversely affect me?

No.....unless I'm being paid.

Best post on here so far Hough. :rockwoot:

My clocks show 3:41 Eastern Time. How about yours in the Central Zone?

Hey look the post number is 341. That just proves it awesome.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Behold, The Always Right Clock!

attachment.php

This is no normal clock, it's a clock you never have to adjust for Daylight Saving Time! All you have to do is look the second set of numbers to figure out what the hour is. Here, the inner set is green so you think of spring and summer. The black set is the true standard time. So, if it's 2:00 is standard time, then look at the clock, see -the inside number says it's 1:00 in funny time!

How many of you are like me and can't figure out what time it is +/- two hours during the switch? Well, no more! Never adjust another clock! This works no matter what time zone, no matter what sate, no matter what date we switch DST to by government fiat! No satellites! No WiFi! No tin foil needed!

"Hey, I live in Arizona and we don't need this." Yes you do! You need to see what time your mixed up neighbors are fooling themselves into think is right!

"Hey, I love Daylight Savings Time because there's so much more daylight!" You're a fool and this clock will show you why! As you can clearly see, there's no more hours, and no more daylight. Plus, it's Daylight Saving Time, singular, ya ....

"Hey, this clock is confusing..." You're right, it's too confusing, now go back to living inside the Matrix you've created; forget I ever gave you the option of the red pill.

Order today!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    6. Are there any other effects from Daylight saving sime? Indeed. Researchers have found that changing the clocks forward combats childhood obesity (more daylight to run around in the evening) and improves public safety (it's easier to drive when there's light), the Los Angeles Times reports. The bad news is that daylight saving time can be more stressful and lead to more fatigue at work right after the switch, researchers also found.

You can read the rest here. Enjoy the extra hour of daylight while you read it. :):

Daylight saving time: 6 things to know as you change the clocks | NOLA.com

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    6. Are there any other effects from Daylight saving sime? Indeed. Researchers have found that changing the clocks forward combats childhood obesity (more daylight to run around in the evening)

Why then, would we change everything back again in the fall? Why not set it and forget it? Does it help the obese children in some way to change their clocks and schedules back again for 4 winter months? Do you have any reason (that you're actually willing to share this time) to support switching back?

and improves public safety (it's easier to drive when there's light),

If some drivers have more light, don't other drivers have less? Doesn't it seem absurd to only consider the safety of drivers on the end that gains more light under this scheme (evening) while discounting the increased hazard for drivers on the end that gave up that light when it got shifted back into darkness (morning)?
    Also consider that mornings (the end made more dangerous by the springtime shift) are when the children are transported to school.

Why do you hate our children?

The bad news is that daylight saving time can be more stressful and lead to more fatigue at work right after the switch, researchers also found.

Yeah, that and it's stupid.

You can read the rest here. Enjoy the extra hour of daylight while you read it.

I promise I'll read it first thing in the morning, in the dark.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :):

Have you guys talked us into joining the the only other state that doesn't recognise DST yet? Before AZ votes in DST also?

Didn't think so... ;)

:yesway: Cool.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Why then, would we change everything back again in the fall? Why not set it and forget it? Does it help the obese children in some way to change their clocks and schedules back again for 4 winter months? Do you have any reason (that you're actually willing to share this time) to support switching back?

If some drivers have more light, don't other drivers have less? Doesn't it seem absurd to only consider the safety of drivers on the end that gains more light under this scheme (evening) while discounting the increased hazard for drivers on the end that gave up that light when it got shifted back into darkness (morning)?
    Also consider that mornings (the end made more dangerous by the springtime shift) are when the children are transported to school.

Why do you hate our children?

Yeah, that and it's stupid.

I promise I'll read it first thing in the morning, in the dark.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Winston Churchill argued that "Daylight Savings Time enlarges the opportunities for the pursuit of health and happiness among the millions of people who live in this country".

Why do you hate the millions of people?

[/FONT]Why do you have to waste the precious energy by reading Daylight saving time: 6 things to know as you change the clocks | NOLA.com in the dark when you could read it with the extra hour of daylight that DST is giving you?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :):

Have you guys talked us into joining the the only other state that doesn't recognise DST yet? Before AZ votes in DST also?

Didn't think so... ;)

:yesway: Cool.

AZ, like most of the world, still gets to ridicule us for now.

Winston Churchill argued that "Daylight Savings Time enlarges the opportunities for the pursuit of health and happiness among the millions of people who live in this country"...

Of course he did, that's exactly what the charcoal/grill lobby paid him to sell people on. Millions of people. Wasn't even difficult, most of them didn't care. Others were dumb.

Why didn't you address my questions? Are you able to understand what I asked and why?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Of course he did, that's exactly what the charcoal/grill lobby paid him to sell people on. Millions of people. Wasn't even difficult, most of them didn't care. Others were dumb.
    Care to back this up with proof?

Why didn't you address my questions? Are you able to understand what I asked and why?

Why didn't you address mine??? Maybe for the same reason I didn't answer yours???

Wow!!!!!! Stupid Pigeons are just Stupid Pigeons.

http://www.theclockdepot.com/atomic_clocks.html

Your Welcome :):

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, we're making the sun shine on us an extra hour, sure. It's light when it's light and it's dark when it's dark. I keep asking for proof that changing the number we assign to the light should be changed. Apparently, everybody in favor is afraid to present their reasoning, maybe because it's indefensible? Thrill me with your acumen.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Care to back this up with proof?

HAHAHA! FISH ON! :hooked:

No, I won't be backing up what I assumed anyone with half a lick of sense would take as a humorous fabrication (though not entirely implausible) with any "proof". :): Man, you're easy!

Why didn't you address mine??? Maybe for the same reason I didn't answer yours???

Um, the post I responded to in full didn't contain a single question, so you couldn't possibly rely on the same reason to skip the several real questions I did pose to you.

Even responding to your last post in which you skipped them, I only ignored the silly rhetorical ones because I understood your intent, even they fell kinda flat in the delivery.

I know I've been taunting you a lot (because it's so easy), but if you are truly unable to keep up, provide some challenge or at least keep this amusing, I may shift my focus elsewhere. This just doesn't seem fair.

Wow!!!!!! Stupid Pigeons are just Stupid Pigeons.

See, you keep returning to stuff like this. Why do you think this is such a good or even remotely amusing example of taunting anyone?

You feed the birds but they are dumb because they eat food? What sort of animal turns down free food? Smart, dumb, most any animal will eat free food.
    What's so smart about you giving them food? What's so amusing or degrading about watching them eat it? Should it be beneath them? Should they be off harvesting their own food? Bizarre.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    the extra hour of daylight that DST is giving you?
    Um... DST doesn't "give" an extra hour of daylight.

See... The times of the day that are "light" are kind of like taxpayer money. The government doesn't really have an extra cash stash, so they can't "give" it to social programs unless they "rob" it from somewhere else first.
    An "extra hour of light" doesn't just appear... it's "taken" from the first part of the daylight hours. Kind of represented in this humorous photo:

funny-native-american-indian-daylight-savings.jpg

Attachments

• funny-native-american-indian-daylight-savings.jpg
      funny-native-american-indian-daylight-savings.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 6

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    HAHAHA! FISH ON! :hooked:

No, I won't be backing up what I assumed anyone with half a lick of sense would take as a humorous fabrication (though not entirely implausible) with any "proof". :): Man, you're easy!

You have lousy bait and your attack methods are so predictable so you are not catching any fish here.

Um, the post I responded to in full didn't contain a single question, so you couldn't possibly rely on the same reason to skip the several real questions I did pose to you.
    Still waiting on a real question from you. And waiting and waiting.......... :fogey:

Even responding to your last post in which you skipped them, I only ignored the silly rhetorical ones because I understood your intent, even they fell kinda flat in the delivery.
    I fully know your intent and type. You think you can say anything and deserve an answer. Guess what you don't, so get over yourself.

I know I've been taunting you a lot (because it's so easy), but if you are truly unable to keep up, provide some challenge or at least keep this amusing, I may shift my focus elsewhere. This just doesn't seem fair
    You want to talk about fair. You keep wanting to have a battle of wits, but I refuse to attack an unarmed person. :lmfao:

You feed the birds but they are dumb because they eat food? What sort of animal turns down free food? Smart, dumb, most any animal will eat free food.
    What's so smart about you giving them food? What's so amusing or degrading about watching them eat it? Should it be beneath them? Should they be off harvesting their own food? Bizarre.
    The reason the pigeons are so stupid is that they should be taking the natural couse in life of fending for themselves, but they don't. They take every free meal they can, and what expense? They feed on a diet that is detramental to a shorter life span spawned from unhealy gluttonous decisions.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You have lousy bait and your attack methods are so predictable so you are not catching any fish here.

I'm still greatly amused that you bit. :): I had no idea you'd latch on to that of all things.
    You hadn't posted any of Churchill's supporting argument, just a statement, so there was literally nothing put forth for me to refute or even address. I just made up a funny political explanation and BAM! Fish on.

Maybe you're better prepared to defend Churchill's honor than DST. Who knew?

Still waiting on a real question from you. And waiting and waiting.......... :fogey:

Post #346 contains several real questions which await your responses. They are in direct reference to the article you posted so I figured you'd be eager to defend it. Don't avoid them just because they're tricky for you, let them overwhelm your senses and cause you to think. Don't just run away looking for more bird pictures, either, simply admit that you can't offer a defense and leave room for someone more willing or able to try.

I fully know your intent and type. You think you can say anything and deserve an answer. Guess what you don't, so get over yourself.

Stop deflecting. It's not that I deserve your answers, it's the points you propose which I refute that desperately need your answers. Why even bring up a point if you plan to abandon it as soon as it takes the fist slap? How will you ever get better at this so that you don't continue to do harm to a point others might still like to defend or salvage. Don't be such a lost cause, try giving a real defense. Stick with it. I'll even help you if I think your effort is sincere.
    You want to talk about fair. You keep wanting to have a battle of wits, but I refuse to attack an unarmed person. :lmfao:

Try changing up classics like this, freshen them a bit with a new spin for the readers. Be creative and make up new things to say when you run away from an argument.

The reason the pigeons are so stupid is that they should be taking the natural couse in life of fending for themselves, but they don't. They take every free meal they can, and what expense? They feed on a diet that is detramental to a shorter life span spawned from unhealy gluttonous decisions.

FISH ON! :hooked:

Granted, I did specifically bait you this time. I correctly assumed that you would respond with a dry defense such as this further deflating your bird thing.

Now, why won't you invest the same effort in defending your DST position or points?

**ATM, YOU HAVE ACHIEVED BONUS LEVEL EXPERT!**

Sweet! I just leveled up again!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Behold, The Always Right Clock!

attachment.php

This is no normal clock, it's a clock you never have to adjust for Daylight Saving Time! All you have to do is look the second set of numbers to figure out what the hour is. Here, the inner set is green so you think of spring and summer. The black set is the true standard time. So, if it's 2:00 is standard time, then look at the clock, see -the inside number says it's 1:00 in funny time!

How many of you are like me and can't figure out what time it is +/- two hours during the switch? Well, no more! Never adjust another clock! This works no matter what time zone, no matter what sate, no matter what date we switch DST to by government fiat! No satellites! No WiFi! No tin foil needed!

"Hey, I live in Arizona and we don't need this." Yes you do! You need to see what time your mixed up neighbors are fooling themselves into think is right!

"Hey, I love Daylight Savings Time because there's so much more daylight!" You're a fool and this clock will show you why! As you can clearly see, there's no more hours, and no more daylight. Plus, it's Daylight Saving Time, singular, ya ....

"Hey, this clock is confusing..." You're right, it's too confusing, now go back to living inside the Matrix you've created; forget I ever gave you the option of the red pill.

Order today!

Where is the order form and price?:dunno:

Top Bottom