• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why is it that the network news kept referring to Abu Ghraib with terms such as "atrocities" for a prisoner getting a pair of panties put on his head, yet they have little to say about treatment of someone in the custody of a domestic federal agency that could have killed him?

It's not a human rights violation if:

A) It happens to one of your own people
    B) You apologize
    C) You pretend to launch a full internal investigation
    or
    D) You really didn't mean [STRIKE]to get caught[/STRIKE] for it to happen

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It's not a human rights violation if:

A) It happens to one of your own people
    B) You apologize
    C) You pretend to launch a full internal investigation
    or
    D) You really didn't mean [STRIKE]to get caught[/STRIKE] for it to happen

Damnit, would you start using purple when you are supposed to?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Mr. Chong is about to get paid. He's looking for $20 million.

UCSD student's 5-day ordeal in DEA jail sparks outrage, anger - latimes.com

My favorite favorite favorite quote from this article:
    Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) called on U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr. asking for an "immediate and thorough" Department of Justice investigation into the matter.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Mr. Fast and Furious is going to investigate the DoJ again?! I'm sure he'll get RIGHT on that!

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    If they left enough meth in the cell maybe it just felt like 5 days and it was really only about an hour. Like sensory deprivation.
    I too wish the lawsuit settlement would be taken out of the DEA budget which is still OUR money but at least it wouldn't be doubling up on OUR money.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Why is it that the network news kept referring to Abu Ghraib with terms such as "atrocities" for a prisoner getting a pair of panties put on his head, yet they have little to say about treatment of someone in the custody of a domestic federal agency that could have killed him?

1.gif

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If they left enough meth in the cell maybe it just felt like 5 days and it was really only about an hour. Like sensory deprivation.
    I too wish the lawsuit settlement would be taken out of the DEA budget which is still OUR money but at least it wouldn't be doubling up on OUR money.

You have touched on what really gets me. If "an agency" pays him, so what! "An agency" isn't a person, the PEOPLE that screwed up (or did it on purpose) should be held accountable. This doesn't matter if it was an individual, a group that agreed to be a party to it, or the guys that followed the orders ALONG with the guys that gave them. If it was a break in policy then who made the policy. My point is I'm a little tired of company's, agencies, or (political) parties making some titled group of people the scape goat for things. What results is that, while the buy may get paid tons of money, the people that actually committed the offense get much less than what they should. The individuals should be bankrupted and then the rest of the settlement can be topped off by the agency.

In my profession there is no way to insulate myself from malpractice suits through corporate structure or any other means. It is spelled out that if I am the one that messed up I cannot find a way to have my corp., or other layer of made up complexity insulate me from being personally liable. Why is that not the way it is everywhere.

Granted the person making the suit may decide to go for deeper pockets (the agency) but the only fair way to do it is to go after the individuals that did the offense.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's a shame the courts can't or won't take any and all damages and expenses awarded to this guy from the salaries and pensions of the people who did this to him including their supervisors, then from the operating budget of the DEA. I realize it's all tax dollars, but at least it would go somewhere other than to facilitate more of their ongoing crap.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It's a shame the courts can't or won't take any and all damages and expenses awarded to this guy from the salaries and pensions of the people who did this to him including their supervisors, then from the operating budget of the DEA. I realize it's all tax dollars, but at least it would go somewhere other than to facilitate more of their ongoing crap.

The best is when jurisdictions have "laws" that dictate any funds awarded to victims automatically get deferred to education programs.

ORS 31.735 - Distribution of punitive damages - 2011 Oregon Revised Statutes

So in Oregon, if the cops beat the life from you and you somehow manage to win court, you are only entitled to 30% of the judgement. The other 70% goes to "victim funds" and the courts. Does anyone know if "laws" like this exist in Indiana?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Update

Never arrested. Never charged. Questioned, then tossed into solitary confinement.
    He was left for five days in a 5-by-10-foot windowless room without food, water or toilet facilities.
    He suffered hallucinations and was forced to drink his urine to survive. He screamed for help.

Fearing he would die, he broke his glasses and scrawled the message, “Sorry, mom” on his arm.

All this done in the name of stopping people from getting high. Yay prohibition.

DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days - latimes.com

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Never arrested. Never charged. Questioned, then tossed into solitary confinement.
    He was left for five days in a 5-by-10-foot windowless room without food, water or toilet facilities.
    He suffered hallucinations and was forced to drink his urine to survive. He screamed for help.

Fearing he would die, he broke his glasses and scrawled the message, “Sorry, mom” on his arm.

All this done in the name of stopping people from getting high. Yay prohibition.

DEA to pay $4.1 million to student forgotten in holding cell for 5 days - latimes.com

Too bad the worthless criminals that did this to him wont be hanging from a gallows in city center for all to see what happens to tyrants.

Gunner

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    So a guy nearly dies of dehydration/starvation, and we the tax payers get to fork over $4.1M? Nobody at the DEA gets penalized?

It's a terrible situation, and it's really bad to make a joke out of it. But... they only mention they let out Chong. Do you think Cheech is still in there?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    So a guy nearly dies of dehydration/starvation, and we the tax payers get to fork over $4.1M? Nobody at the DEA gets penalized?

It's a terrible situation, and it's really bad to make a joke out of it. But... they only mention they let out Chong. Do you think Cheech is still in there?

As I said in my last post too bad the tyrant criminals that did this arent hanging from a gallows in city center...

Gunner

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    None of the dungeon keepers will face any consequences. That's a given.

[video=youtube;RcT249qWFVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcT249qWFVI[/video]

Top Bottom