• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Good morning. I want to apologize to everyone for stirring up a hornets nest. When I talked to the Gentleman about being a paid advertiser I was told I could use classifieds to market inventory. I was not told of any limitations or specific requirements for doing this. As a business we are trying to get our products to the eyes of firearms owners. Again I apologize if we upset anyone.
    I think you've paid for that ability. :thumbsup: :ingo:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    And I would have to do this every time I want to see New Posts when having the ability to block Classified would work easier. As far as Classified's earning revenue why am I a Site Supporter?
    I have two shortcuts to INGO... one lands on Watched threads, the other on New Posts... plus, if the side Latest Posts is "flooded" with ad bumbs, I just click on the New Posts menu item... In other words, I agree with:

I vote for leaving it just like it is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Good morning. I want to apologize to everyone for stirring up a hornets nest. When I talked to the Gentleman about being a paid advertiser I was told I could use classifieds to market inventory. I was not told of any limitations or specific requirements for doing this. As a business we are trying to get our products to the eyes of firearms owners. Again I apologize if we upset anyone.
    Thank you for your support and never mind the chatter, it us what folks do here, chatter.

Thank you again for your support…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    As a Site Supporter I just want the ability to block certain forums. As a Mod I'm sure they could block me from certain content. So would some Mod please block me from the Classified so I can browse peacefully without the Classified drama. :cool:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    No worries... it's what INGO does... discusses, argues, etc. lol!

FWIW, IMO I don't see your's as a "flood" of ads... I've seen "regular" members post 10 ads.

All this discussion has done is make me hanker for a P229 Legion RDS. :lmfao:

ETA: And forgot to add... THANK YOU for supporting the site! @OneBadV8 looked up the Partner fee... it's a big one. Yowza!

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Why is this an issue? I've never seen so many grown men want everything changed for their pleasure.

Where does it stop? Is someone going to get butthurt that they have to see posts from nwi if they live in central Indiana? What if I only know 1 word? Should I have to see 2 words abound every morning? I don't own a cz yet I see cz posts.

This really is ridiculous and the fact that people don't care that they're wasting other people's time by placating their whims is shameful.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I welcome your presence and the presence of other advertisers.

You have done nothing wrong. You are following the rules and using your paid access as you were told you could.

The opening poster has the majority of his posts in the classifieds, IMO the competition is actually the problem. Thank you for paying to support the site.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm the opposite. I hate it when a member posts multiple items in the same ad. Most who do this do not clearly mark items sold, often edit and remove items and due to space don't clearly describe each item or post decent pics of each item. The exception to this is multiple small items in the same category.

You're a six year member with less than 200 posts and not a paid site supporter. Do you think paid advertisers or you do more to pay the bills to keep the site running or drive visitors here?

I'll point out, again, the the site banner puts the classifieds first. That's what drives traffic and traffic plus advertisers pay to keep the forum running. You make it less attractive for advertisers and you might not have the site.

Threads like this one certainly aren't a positive for anyone viewing the forum and deciding if this is where they want to spend their ad dollars.
    Well Marvin, you're just wrong again!!!!!! LOL

I agree.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wouldn’t assume everyone is upset.

Top Bottom