• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    If you can control the flies, this works. However, how do you award this job?

On a hot day, smear the waste on a hot concrete or blacktop surface with a trowel. This will dry the material rapidly in the sun on the heated surface.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    If you can control the flies, this works. However, how do you award this job?

On a hot day, smear the waste on a hot concrete or blacktop surface with a trowel. This will dry the material rapidly in the sun on the heated surface.

Longbow thats just nasty . I mean unless your trying to patch the street or something

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Have some expirience on "Poo" burning from Desert Storm in '91. It's nasty! The smell is horrendous and then there's the popping and cracking after the liquid portion burns off. Glad I only had to do it once and then just supervised the "Joes" whenever it was my squad's turn. Definitely would go for an outhouse as I also have some knowledge from my grandparents' farm and it's usually let it fly and forget it!

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    I've dropped a duece in every state but hawaii,and alaska..and just about every situation possible..once mr.turd has his head stuck out looking for porcelain,I am pretty sure I'll figure out what to do with it.lol:rockwoot:

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    Anyone read the book "humanure handbook?" I have read that the koreans have been using their excrement for several thousands years for fertilizer. Cant say i look forward to it, but would help to get rid of it!!

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I have never read the humanure book but I have read that many asian countries use it to fertilize thier fields. I believe they refer to it as night soil. I do know that urine is a top notch high nitrogen fertilizer.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Do a little bit of reading. There is no smell with this.

Really? I have to beg to differ but whatever you say. They burned a whole lot of crap in Vietnam, simply by digging a huge pit, dumping the trucks into the pit, adding jet fuel, diesel fuel, gasoline or whatever they had, and burned it. You could smell burning crap for miles away according to my Uncles that were there. They swear it was the worst job in SE Asia.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Really? I have to beg to differ but whatever you say. They burned a whole lot of crap in Vietnam, simply by digging a huge pit, dumping the trucks into the pit, adding jet fuel, diesel fuel, gasoline or whatever they had, and burned it. You could smell burning crap for miles away according to my Uncles that were there. They swear it was the worst job in SE Asia.

I've never heard of that method. The method that guys told me about was to use cut-in-half 55 gal drums in the latrines. When they were full, they got hauled off to the burn site, where guys would cover the stuff with diesel or jet fuel; light it off; then still the contents until they were thoroughly consumed. It was definitely the worst job in SEA.

In 1974/75 when I was stationed in Korea, the farmers around us were still using night soil for fertilizer, and wasn't it fun flying low over the newly-planted rice paddies with the doors off on some days...

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    The incenolet isn't like burning **** in a barrel. There is a small amount of odor in the exhaust according to those that have one, but per their website, "Waste is incinerated after each use - keeps bathroom free of odor and flies. Catalyst within the toilet keeps exhaust odor-free."
    There are other types of incinerating toilets out there. This ain't your daddy's turd burner.

Basically, it uses a non-permeable paper to keep the trap door clean. You push a pedal down, which opens said trap doors. When it is activated, it sucks air across the pile of dookie/paper/etc while heating it from below at 1200* F via an element similar to those found on an electric stove. There is a catalyst inline with the exhaust that is designed to contain the odor, and the blower motor runs during the entire cycle.

Granted, this isn't better than a lot of of the ways out there (sewers, septic systems, etc), but for a boat, RV, bunker or similar shelter, it could be invaluable.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Why not compost it and use it as a fertilizer source...

Or

If you septic system is functioning as it should you should be able to take the gray water and use that as a liquid fertilizer...

Top Bottom