• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Dig a massive hole, and put yeast, sawdust, other compostable stuff on top of it.

Maybe torch it after awhile.

Then again, no body wants a molotov cocktail half full of poo being thrown at them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    The incenolet isn't like burning **** in a barrel. There is a small amount of odor in the exhaust according to those that have one, but per their website, "Waste is incinerated after each use - keeps bathroom free of odor and flies. Catalyst within the toilet keeps exhaust odor-free."
    There are other types of incinerating toilets out there. This ain't your daddy's turd burner.

Basically, it uses a non-permeable paper to keep the trap door clean. You push a pedal down, which opens said trap doors. When it is activated, it sucks air across the pile of dookie/paper/etc while heating it from below at 1200* F via an element similar to those found on an electric stove. There is a catalyst inline with the exhaust that is designed to contain the odor, and the blower motor runs during the entire cycle.

Granted, this isn't better than a lot of of the ways out there (sewers, septic systems, etc), but for a boat, RV, bunker or similar shelter, it could be invaluable.
    Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame filmed an episode where he helped to dismantle, clean and repair a malfunctioning unit similar to what you are describing above.

True to the show's form, it was nasty.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Poo soaked Arrows were the first biological warfare weapons if my History Channel education serves me right.

I think the monkeys beat us to it, by just thowing the poo...I can't belive I finally posted in this thread. :facepalm:

I think compost is the way to go. Either in an "Offical" composting method or in a hole in the ground. Just do it away from your well, and not in a low spot.

Top Bottom