• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I really love the shrill cry of "think of the children" when there are guns in the home.

There are, what, 300 accidental shootings involving children a year and something like 80,000,000 gun owners.

Don't get me wrong, one is one too many, but your child is way more likely to be hurt or maimed playing school sports than to die from an accidental shooting at home. Take reasonable precautions and teach your children and they'll be fine, like the 10's of millions of other kids raised in gun owning households.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm thinking if he had met her in a diner while he was having some bacon and eggs or a nice thick cheeseburger this would not be happening now :evilangel:

Last edited:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Well, isn't that nice advice. I guess the phrase in that vow "...until death do you part..." is just some sort of throw away line. If she knew he had those guns before they got married (which is the impression I get from the reading), the burden is on her "to get over it"; she knew what she was getting into. To suggest throwing away a marriage over the presence a couple of guns in the house---I guess the advice is worth exactly what "UNWILLING..." paid for it. Maybe their parakeets will get more value out of it.

This is the best reply as I see it. The marriage vows are often worthless these days and that should not be.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    This is why you test drive, before you buy...

207660_10102066375473918_65942822_n.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My wife was like that, actually worse. Any vestige of what made me me was to be destroyed, whether or not the rationale could be made to sound rational. But she was not in her right mind, shall we say, wound up in the psych ward and all. I tried, but death did us part. Stupid can happen. You see it a lot more among the emotionally driven types.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    *primps his collar* The no guns in the house is the ONLY argument/discussion/point of contention I think I've EVER won with my wife. And boy - did she lose that one bad! :biggun:

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I don't disagree with Abby about trigger locks or a gun safe. Maintaining a safe home atmosphere is appropriate in addition to proper education at a proper age. The part about finding a new husband is some sacrilegious nonsense. Marriage is a covenant between man, woman, and God. I guess if she wants to dissolve her civil union for a new flavor she's free to discredit herself as she please.

-Dobber

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    She doesn't give any room for compromise so end of story. I, however, am looking forward to sharing my interest and love for guns with my wife when I find her

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    In the old days Abby would of said she knew he had guns before they got married, so you have no right to complain, be thankful you have a man that loves you enough to of married your stupid arse.

i don't know who this new Abby is but she is as brain dead as the wife.

Top Bottom