• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Heading out now.
    Saw a buck thrashing overhead branch, in town, around 1:30 yesterday afternoon.
    Figured moom and such, best time would be 10 am to 2 pm.
    But I had stuff to do so didn't go LOL

Gonna sneak to edge of thicket and try to call something from cornfield.

Get some biscuits and gravy on the way (might be my only high point of the day). :)

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Going out for my first sit tonight. NE wind is not something I generally have set for but planning on taking my climber tonight. New property so it will be a wildcard night. I will report tomorrow. It would be good if we could ramp this thread up with daily activity reports...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Quite honestly all these ridiculous regulations in cartridge size versus public versus private in or out of reduction zones are, well, absolutely ridiculous. The idiots that make this stuff up don't deserve to be in public office. My head hurts just thinking about this stuff.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Thanks to those "idiots" in office we now have more options than we ever did when it was solely up to the DNR. If you want to place the blame somewhere place it squarely on the DNR officials that had the chance to do it right but screwed the pooch when they decided to listen to the antis and Fudds instead.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Went out with my daughter(5) saw tons of turkeys raccoons squirrels no deer she convinced me to get out of the stand 5m early cause she was cold....... I’m on the ladder she says dad don’t move deer no more than 15yds away :laugh:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Those that can't figure out the rules, can still run their bead sighted shotguns with mixed types of slugs come gun season.
    IMHO the rules have never been hard to understand.
    Maybe more complicated than they need to be, but not hard to understand.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Slipped in for a late morning hunt.
    Some new rubs,scrapes.
    Blind called.
    Nothing.

Took corn down between us and big woods (quite a large field).
    Plowed under too.

Nothing coming to the thicket unless pushed or chasing.
    Acorns and squirrels all over LOL.
    Give it another week.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I saw a little basket rack 6pt last night. Put the stalk on a couple does tonight on the way in, but they fed onto a little tract that I don’t have permission to be on.

Now I’m sitting in my climber waiting on dark. I wanted to try a new spot tonight and it looks like it’s gonna be a bust. I am having a hard time figuring this property out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We climbed into the stands around 4:30 this afternoon and it was dead calm. Didn't see anything until 6:30 or so and a few does along with one of our shooters came out. My partner took a shot and the arrow clipped a corn stalk and hit the deer a bit farther back than we'd have liked. Pretty sure he got the liver so we waited a half hour before climbing down and sneaking out of there. Gonna give him a few hours before we go looking. Fingers crossed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Good luck on retrieval Phylo. I was out today scouting and checking the borders. Still way more leaves on trees for this time of year.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We found him and he's better than we thought he was. Unfortunately I can't get a pic to upload right now, I'll try again tomorrow.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here he is. We've watched him since July and couldn't agree on a name for him so we started calling him Mike. We weren't sure if he was a shooter, after he shed his velvet the pics looked like he got spindly so we were second guessing how old he was. When he came out last night there wasn't any doubt that he was a dandy.

xZzbb2Gh.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Congratulations to all hunters who have harvested deer this far. Stay safe and let's keep seeing those pics!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Nice buck Phylodog!

I had not hunted much until the past three days. Younger bucks are on their feet, but the bigger ones have disappeared even from my cameras. But I think that is about to change any moment.

I did go sit in my box blind yesterday to get out of the house. I knew the chances of seeing a deer in the on and off pouring rain and low pressure system was going to be slim to none, but I wanted to be in the woods/field. In between rains this nice tom showed up with a couple of his buddies. Since turkeys tend to get my blood pumping, I let a broadhead fly at 5 yards. He went maybe 6 feet and died. Solid bird with tack sharp hooks for spurs. I never did see a deer yesterday afternoon.

Gf5b2Jf.jpg

Top Bottom