• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Here he is. We've watched him since July and couldn't agree on a name for him so we started calling him Mike. We weren't sure if he was a shooter, after he shed his velvet the pics looked like he got spindly so we were second guessing how old he was. When he came out last night there wasn't any doubt that he was a dandy.

xZzbb2Gh.jpg

Very nice. Haven't got anything that big on camera around here this year. Went squirrel hunting Saturday afternoon and the woods are loaded with new scrapes. Anywhere there was a beech tree they could reach a branch on, they put a scrape under it. LOL.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I went Saturday morning for the first time this year. I had a nice looking 3.5 year old main frame 8 or 9 with a forked G2 come in early followed by a 4 point at mid morning. The 3.5 year old buck wasn't a shooter but could be a beast in a year or two if he survives.

Here he is. We've watched him since July and couldn't agree on a name for him so we started calling him Mike. We weren't sure if he was a shooter, after he shed his velvet the pics looked like he got spindly so we were second guessing how old he was. When he came out last night there wasn't any doubt that he was a dandy.

xZzbb2Gh.jpg

Yes, there is no doubt that he was a shooter! Very nice buck!

Traav

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Santa Claus

xZzbb2Gh.jpg
    Great deer congrats.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I shot a doe this evening for the freezer. I hit one two weeks ago that ducked and missed the vitals, so no recovery. Tonight just had the doe and fawn come in. No bucks!

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Seen a couple shooters and a smaller 8 with a doe last night . They came by several times , unfortunately just out of bow range . At times pushing her pretty hard , others times just by her side . She would bed down to get some rest , all of them would bed down . I'd say she was in or very very close to it .

This weekend should be a great time to be in the woods .

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Got the camper set up a couple weeks ago so I'm heading down tomorrow morning and hoping to spend the next week doing nothing but hunting. Good luck and be safe everyone. Dan

Attachments

• 20181013_191850.jpg
      20181013_191850.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 24

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I filled my tag this morning when our #1 buck grunted his way in following a doe around 11am. I proceeded to make a godawful shot and I still don't know what happeed. It doesn't appear from the video that the arrow deflected off of anything, the only theory I can come up with is that my string may have hit the sleeve of my jacket. Thankfully I sliced a major artery and he didn't go 60 yards. Same stand my partner killed out of last Saturday, the deer were within 5yds of each other when they were shot and they died within 15yds of each other. Somebody was watching out for me today.

3ASHajyh.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I filled my tag this morning when our #1 buck grunted his way in following a doe around 11am. I proceeded to make a godawful shot and I still don't know what happeed. It doesn't appear from the video that the arrow deflected off of anything, the only theory I can come up with is that my string may have hit the sleeve of my jacket. Thankfully I sliced a major artery and he didn't go 60 yards. Same stand my partner killed out of last Saturday, the deer were within 5yds of each other when they were shot and they died within 15yds of each other. Somebody was watching out for me today.

3ASHajyh.jpg
    Very nice Buck Phylo! I've sent yours and your hunting partner's bucks to an army buddy in Pennsylvania. He has sent me back a bunch of hate. :laugh:

Congrats to both of you guys!

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem

3ASHajyh.jpg
    What a beautiful deer. Have him scored for the Hoosier Record book. Has to have 140 inches of antlers. He's got that and more. Well done!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just got home from hanging a stand at Prophetstown State park.
    I found a beautiful spot that's relatively easy to access and on the edge of a woodline overlooking a meadow of grass.
    There are a number of heavily used trails within spitting distance from my stand, I can see at least two small bedding areas from my stand, and I can see the back of three different trees that are all but rubbed in half!

The hunt is being held a little earlier this year than in previous years. It is being held on the Monday and Tuesday BEFORE firearms season starts!
    I'm really looking forward to this. It will be my first adventure on public land.
    I can take up to 3 deer (one of which can be antlered) and it doesn't use my license, and does not count against the other state quotas.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Hunted Thursday night and this morning. Small bucks seen running does both hunts. Both good/ fun hunts. Hoping to fill one tag this week and my boys fill theis with a firearm coming soon.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I was going to be VERY limited on hunting opportunities this year. I'm talking a few days all season. Imagine my delight when this guy came by 40 minutes into Sunday morning hunt. He'd a been a hoss in a year or two, but I wasn't going to let much walk with my work schedule this year. It was the first morning I've been out and the last chance before the end of November. Congrats and good luck to everyone!
    Ke8KsCO.jpg

Top Bottom