• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have a Rossi 44 mag, 10 plus 1, 20" round barrel. I love the gun but I don't like the buckhorn sites. It shoots high, the wedge is all the way down so no way to adjust. I'm thinking about a scope, my barrel is factory drilled and tapped. How do you like your scope set up? Jim.

Is the front a one pc ramp or is it a dovetailed front sight? A good shop might have a taller front to install and that would get things hitting lower.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Hmm, Needed for this year's gun season... 44 Mag Rurger carbine and Model 77/44, CHECK. Hunting License, CHECK. AMMO for both rifles (hers and mine), CHECK. Chair on back deck with spotting scope tripod and Camera Tripod ready to set out, TV Trays for extra 'stuff and to hold warm beverage mugs, CHECK.

OH Yeah, Deer to shoot... An average of 10-14 per day working thru the dropped fruit and garden cast-offs now. 3 Giant Persimmon trees (60 yards from the deck) loaded and will start dropping after the first hard freeze.

Yeah I think we are about ready...so bring'em on !!! OH Yeah, need to get a link set-up to the DNR Tag-check-in site. Those deer won't step out of my Orchard before we have our limit hanging on the carport for self-done processing.

Here's how they looked last fall.

12335.jpg

12340.jpg

12358.jpg

Last edited:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hmm, Needed for this year's gun season... 44 Mag Rurger carbine and Model 77/44, CHECK. Hunting License, CHECK. AMMO for both rifles (hers and mine), CHECK. Chair on back deck with spotting scope tripod and Camera Tripod ready to set out, TV Trays for extra 'stuff and to hold warm beverage mugs, CHECK.

OH Yeah, Deer to shoot... An average of 10-14 per day working thru the dropped fruit and garden cast-offs now. 3 Giant Persimmon trees (60 yards from the deck) loaded and will start dropping after the first hard freeze.

Yeah I think we are about ready...so bring'em on !!! OH Yeah, need to get a link set-up to the DNR Tag-check-in site. Those deer won't step out of my Orchard before we have our limit hanging on the carport for self-done processing.

Here's how they looked last fall.

12335.jpg

12340.jpg

12358.jpg

I need to get a set up like yours. hunting of the back deck, not missing a beat! I like your style for sure

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I posted my lever actions earlier but here is my special baby----A CVA Apex in .357 Maximum. 20" barrel with custom forestock.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    http://www.hunt101.com/data/549/Suppressed_300_AAC_Blackout_Pistol_Resized.jpg

What's the overall length on this guy gotta be pushing the 26 inch max. But so so sweet.

23 1/2" from the end of the buffer tube to the naked muzzle.

Actually, the overall length could have exceeded 26" and Indiana would still consider it a handgun:

IC 35-47-1-6
    "Handgun"
    Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
    (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or
    (2) any firearm with:
    (A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
    (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.

EMB145

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I understand that. This isn't an NFA question, I'm talking about building a virgin stripped lower into a pistol AR chambered in 300 blackout. Was wondering if there is a "max" overall length that by indiana DNR regs would make the "pistol" to be considered a rifle.

I know I can't make a 300 blk NFA rifle for deer hunting, as the bullet diameter doesn't fit the hunting regs (.356 min). IF I configure it as a "pistol" though, it's entirely legal. So even IF I have it as an NFA registered SBR, it's not legal to hunt with bc it's still a rifle. Clear as mud?

I'm wondering if I get a 16" blk upper if it'd be g2g for hunting so that I can swap the upper onto my 5.56 lower and use it as well in rifle configuration?

Sorry for the unclear question(s). :)

the answer is yes. 18 inches is the max. You just have to use the pistol lower with no "stock" while hunting! It's awesome!

Top Bottom