• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    The class is getting close. It is looking like nearly 2 hours of shooting so bring enough ammo. Going to work out the moving target gear this coming Saturday. Also wear a back up gun if you have one. Wear it as you normally wear it.

Hey Coach,

About how much do you think is enough ammo? Also, glad to hear about the backup gun. This is going to be cool.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hey Coach,

About how much do you think is enough ammo? Also, glad to hear about the backup gun. This is going to be cool.

BBI said I get 2 hours or so for the range session. We are going to do five different things before we start engaging the moving target drills in two different groups. I plan to have everyone engage each mover at least twice. We will have to be efficient. I would not come with less than 300 rounds. Worst case you cart some home. I am open to allowing extra runs on the mover after class as well. Because how often do you get to practice something like that.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    BBI said I get 2 hours or so for the range session. We are going to do five different things before we start engaging the moving target drills in two different groups. I plan to have everyone engage each mover at least twice. We will have to be efficient. I would not come with less than 300 rounds. Worst case you cart some home. I am open to allowing extra runs on the mover after class as well. Because how often do you get to practice something like that.

Thanks for the info. Guess I am making a Walmart run before Saturday. :):

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just loaded ten mags and drug out four more 100 round boxes. That should suffice for my shooting, now to look for some brass in BBI friendly calibers.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the good training day to everyone who attended, and thanks for all the positive feedback. Coach and I discussed it after you left and we'll try to offer an extended version of this at some point in the future, but it will likely be next year.

There's an upcoming level 1 in Sept, and we're going to try and run level 2 immediately after, so for those thinking of coming you get the chance to get the "full package" in one trip.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I want to echo thanks for everyone coming out and training with us today. I am especially thankful for the safe gun handling and the good shooting. Looking forward to an feedback that folks want to offer either here or via email. BBI and I talked, and I have made some notes but I plan to use any feedback we get to improve this as well. I apologize for skipping the BUG portion but the time was short and wanted to get the movers into the day. It is flattering for us when we consider how far some of you drove to be there. Thanks. Stay safe.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Thanks for the good training day to everyone who attended, and thanks for all the positive feedback. Coach and I discussed it after you left and we'll try to offer an extended version of this at some point in the future, but it will likely be next year.

Nobody likes a suck up....

Thanks to both of you, as well as the other students in the class... especially for not making fun of me to my face.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Great class. I learned with every shot and I will stress to anyone that values my opinion that this kind of training will be priceless to you if you are ever in a self defense situation. Insight from BehindblueIs and Coach is second to none as far as I'm concerned.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Where to start?? BBI has valuable first hand information regarding the bad guy and how he does what he does. The video was worth a thousand words. We could watch and then watch again while BBI explained what was happening and how it turned out. Coach had moving targets to engage as well as other drills we worked on.

Very valuable class in my opinion.
    Great day of learning plus a good group of guys with safe gun handling.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Not much to add that others haven't already posted.

One of the things that JTGarner and I talked about on the drive back was how much we enjoy taking classes with INGO members.
    Everyone was very attentive and safe in all actions. When instructions and or corrections were given by Coach or BBI, the class members graciously received them.

I think part of that is due to the way Coach and BBI deliver corrections and the other part is learned from INGO.

I am already jonesing for the extended version on DC3

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Awesome day! Coach and BBI delivered once again!

It was good to meet a few new faces.

Cant wait for the next one.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I really enjoyed it today and both the presentation/videos and the outdoor shooting were very valuable. I liked the way we ran through the more straightforward drills to reinforce the basics and get us all warmed up. Calling colors/targets was good as you had to pay attention as you were shooting. Having your partner shake your weak hand shoulder while trying to shoot one-handed was very eye opening and I learned from that.

The mover was fun and a good experience and the "home invasion" stage was very good in that you had to think on your feet as well as shoot accurately. I chatted with others and we were thinking that it we were a little eager to get done quickly, like a USPSA stage, but really a little thought and slowing down paid dividends. It was good to get a second run through this home invasion stage and also a few goes at the mover to practice/reinforce what you had learned.

Thanks again to Coach and BBI for setting this training up. I am looking forward to Defensive Concepts 3, 4 and 5.

Cheers!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom