• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Might want to send email to cover your bases.

I didn't know I would have to chase him down. He made the offer. Hopefully he will come back and follow through on it.

I don't know that I have an e-mail address for him. I'll see what I can find.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    About how this plays out & if you are able to give this a go...

mkke_2013_07_03_14_46_38_62_1_by_alo81-d6bufbb.jpg

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    RIP Jackson. ICP, how did you get an actual picture of them doing the test? I didn't realize they were so fit... Hope he doesn't come after me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are you familiar with the principles and physics involved when an object re-enters the earth's atmosphere? Paging rhino!

1. Have mass/inertia
    2. Get too close to Earth
    3. Earth sucks on you
    4. You get closer
    5. Earth sucks harder
    6. You go faster as you get even closer
    7. Air starts rubbing on you like a 50 grit sandpaper condom
    8. You start getting hotter
    9. You go faster
    10. You catch on fire
    11. What's left reach terminal velocity when the combined drag forces equal the weight of the chunks
    12. Remaining chunks hit Earth kinda hard
    13. Probably should have stayed away from Earth because Earth sucks

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    1. Have mass/inertia
    2. Get too close to Earth
    3. Earth sucks on you
    4. You get closer
    5. Earth sucks harder
    6. You go faster as you get even closer
    7. Air starts rubbing on you like a 50 grit sandpaper condom
    8. You start getting hotter
    9. You go faster
    10. You catch on fire
    11. What's left reach terminal velocity when the combined drag forces equal the weight of the chunks
    12. Remaining chunks hit Earth kinda hard
    13. Probably should have stayed away from Earth because Earth sucks

See? Pick the ones that are appropriate. Bam, ninja punch, fire, death. Or maybe it's death before fire. One thing for sure -- always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Finally got a response from Brian. He is, of course, not available on weekends. I may have to take a vacation day to get this done. At 8 months between responses it will take some time to set up. :-).

I believe the bolded sections above were in response to me. I quoted the rest because it appeared relevant.

I rarely refuse an invitation. I will accept this invitation and hold the pad. I am happy to have it video taped. I can arrange to bring a camera myself. I want to make a few statements and conditions first:

1. I agree. I am ignorant. I am not a martial artist, or a boxer, or anything remotely similar. I don't have any significant experience. You'll see no claims of knowledge from me anywhere that I recall.

2. Because of number 1, I don't think you'll find too many criticisms from me in the thread. Everything I asked was an honest question. When it comes to punching, I tend to think of boxers as the experts. I am genuinely interested in Thai Jitsu and its origins, as I've never heard of it. That's not surprising, as I've probably not heard of many martial arts.

3. If I come out, it needs to be on a weekend. I work day-time hours on week days and my work location is too far away to be there before 5:00. If we can do it on a weekend, I'll be happy to come out. Are you referring to the Emerson Ave location mentioned on the website?

4. I will only come out if we can do this with a friendly disposition and a cordial demeanor. I am not interested in coming out if either of us will have a 'something-to-prove' attitude or intends to start an argument. I don't have time for that kind of silliness. If you want to get together and have a friendly discussion/demonstration about your methods, I'm happy to do it.

You mentioned that you came to your beliefs through testing and experience. I am genuinely interested in testing this out and seeing the results. I don't know that I have said anything worthy of an apology. So, you'll likely not get one from me. What you will get is a friendly, interested individual who has no ego or issue coming and seeing the reality of the situation. I will be happy to provide an honest and unbiased (as best I can) account of what I experience. If it hurts, I don't have too much pride to admit it.

You may PM me to work out the timing and details.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So the critical shortage of self-awareness in the world continues to wash across humanity, especially in Richmond, Indiana. No surprises there.

It's been so long since I posted message #114 that I don't even remember it! I'm getting old. I'm kind of proud of "50 grit sandpaper condom," though. That's pretty good. Well, not as good as a "full body jab," but then what is? WHAT IS?

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Finally got a response from Brian. He is, of course, not available on weekends. I may have to take a vacation day to get this done. At 8 months between responses it will take some time to set up. :-).

ARE YOU NUTS!!!!!!!!! I hope you live through it, and would recommend having an ambulance on site, at the ready. You might also wear something heavy like legs weight, or better yet, tether yourself to the earth in hopes of not flying into outer space when he unleashes the full effects of Thai Jitsu on that pad. Good luck, and may God be with you.

Top Bottom