• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ARE YOU NUTS!!!!!!!!! I hope you live through it, and would recommend having an ambulance on site, at the ready. You might also wear something heavy like legs weight, or better yet, tether yourself to the earth in hopes of not flying into outer space when he unleashes the full effects of Thai Jitsu on that pad. Good luck, and may God be with you.

That might not be enough on his side.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ARE YOU NUTS!!!!!!!!! I hope you live through it, and would recommend having an ambulance on site, at the ready. You might also wear something heavy like legs weight, or better yet, tether yourself to the earth in hopes of not flying into outer space when he unleashes the full effects of Thai Jitsu on that pad. Good luck, and may God be with you.

You haven't met Jackson, have you?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow, I didn't know Thai Jitsu could take out God. This is serious.

Did you not see where he already punched clean through Jackson's chest? Serious indeed!

Jackson, I'll take time off to witness. I'll even let you wear my contour head camera.

I. Can't. Wait.

The best part will be the excuses afterward.

PLEASE RECORD THOSE AS WELL.

No I haven't, but the guys got balls if he thinks he can stand in front of Brian "The Legend" LeMaster and take a freaking full body jab @ 100%! Probably like Randy on South Park when he put them in the microwave to get a medical marijuana card:

Sorry, the "super duper serial" post above made me think of it :laugh:

It's obvious. Super obvious.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    As stated at the MC class, I'm still willing to take a dive for a parody video. :)

We should have done it then when there were mats and gloves readily available.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No I haven't, but the guy has got a big set of balls if he thinks he can stand in front of Brian "The Legend" LeMaster and take a freaking full body jab @ 100%!...
    Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought he was just trying to develop a communication dialog with him to set up training? Without much luck it seems? :dunno:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So I was searching for comments on knife training classes and ran across this old thread. It was worth waking up,esp the sandpaper condom. Spewed my wine on the keyboard.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So I was searching for comments on knife training classes and ran across this old thread. It was worth waking up,esp the sandpaper condom. Spewed my wine on the keyboard.

It's been so long that I didn't remember the reference. So I went back and read the topic again and I was amused to find the source of the aforementioned comment. There are some gold nuggets of multiple varieties in this topic . . . a little something for everyone.

And knowing how much I enjoy quoting myself . . .

I see that self-awareness is still in critically short supply in the big, brutal world in which we live.

Good luck with all that, dude.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    I haven't had a chance to review all of the responses to this post but just to address a few-

Obviously, if given a choice between a knife and a firearm, the knife would not be the optimal choice. However, that doesn't mean that a knife is not an optimal choice for a lethal force threat under other circumstances. The reality is that while there are a lot of people out there that choose to carry firearms there are a lot more that don't. Simply put, if a person chooses not to carry a firearm a knife becomes the next best alternative for lethal force threats. The fact remains that knives are easily available and are probably the number 1 weapon used by average predators next to the firearm, maybe even followed by the firearm. Knives are found in every home in this country, they are used for hunting, fishing, utilitarian purposes, etc. In other words they are almost everywhere. They are also easily accessible outside this country. So, the prevalence of knives alone should be a motivating factor in learning to use one for defensive purposes. In reality, someone that is properly trained with a knife (and other sharp objects / improvised weapons) is NEVER unarmed. However, the same can't be said of firearms.

Let us not forget the limitations of firearms- limited on ammo, can malfunction for a number of reasons to include bad ammo, improper grip, knocked out of battery during a struggle or a fall, can't always be carried (federal buildings, airplanes, schools, etc.). Also don't forget, while a missed round CAN potentially stop the threat it generally works best when the rounds land on the desired target which isn't always easy under the stress of a real, chaotic and explosive assault.

Some questions to ponder- What happens when you run out of ammo DURING a fight for your life? What happens if the gun gets knocked from your hand? What happens if the gun malfunctions? What happens if the assailant disarms you of your precious gun? What happens when you reach for your gun and it's not there? The questions could go on and on but I think you get the point.

There is saying that I use frequently- "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." In other words if all a person has is a firearm, every situation not only looks like a lethal force situation but they become overdependent on that firearm to be there and expect it to function perfectly when needed. Unfortunately if they loose their firearm or it fails to function as expected it can dramatically decrease their survival odds. Why? Because one's survival, especially under stress is dependent on having the ability to adapt to the given circumstances. That adaptation can only occur when appropriate options have been provided ahead of time- through proper training. So, if a person is so dependent on his/her firearm that other options have not been pursued, it's only logical that this person will not be able to adapt accordingly. After all, how can anyone be expected to know what to do if they have never been taught what to do under those specific circumstances?

So, long story short- if someone wants to be able to successfully protect themselves or their loved ones under the chaotic and explosive nature of real violence they must become adept at using any and all means of adapting to the potential circumstances. They must have enough options that allow success without too many options that could potentially create physical and mental log-jam. In other words, learning to use a knife along side a firearm only makes sense if a person truly cares about his/her safety and the safety of loved ones.

Steve

So, if a person truly cares about their safety and they even think that they may somedaye be force to use letahl force to porect

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm planning to do more multi-day backpacking trips soon, presuming I can reduce my time at work. Some states I may go to do not allow me to legally carry a firearm, so I'm going to take both Tarani's knife defense and walking stick classes. I don't think I'll ever want to be in a knife fight, but everybody on the trail has one so I may as well know something about using it if I have to.

Top Bottom