• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Off to the CM/ECF to see if I can read the actual charging documents.

[ETA]

Allegedly:

STEN receiver (unserialized), 13 suppressors, "bump-stock".

Knowing nothing more, that "bump-stock" charge is probably vulnerable just based upon the regulatory change.

Except for the bump stock. it seems he was licensed to make MG and Silencers, so was it just an administrative paperwork problem?

[h=2]DARKSIDE ARMORY[/h]
    KAISER, NATHAN ALAN
    401 DEPOT ST, BUTLER, IN 46721
    (260) 413-1473

LicenseDescription
    4-35-033-07-7M-06135Title 1 manufacturer of firearms and ammunition, who may also act as dealer; may not manufacture or deal in destructive devices, ammunition for destructive devices, or armor piercing ammunition. Can also manufacture & deal in Title II NFA firearms with class 2 tax stamp.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Whether from just being careless or based on criminal intent, this statement seems to point to a documentation (paperwork) compliance problem:

“The alleged charges here should send a strong message that illegal weapon possession and falsification of firearm related purchase documents will not be tolerated," U.S. Attorney Thomas Kirsch said in a news release.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Except for the bump stock. it seems he was licensed to make MG and Silencers, so was it just an administrative paperwork problem?

DARKSIDE ARMORY

KAISER, NATHAN ALAN
    401 DEPOT ST, BUTLER, IN 46721
    (260) 413-1473

LicenseDescription
    4-35-033-07-7M-06135Title 1 manufacturer of firearms and ammunition, who may also act as dealer; may not manufacture or deal in destructive devices, ammunition for destructive devices, or armor piercing ammunition. Can also manufacture & deal in Title II NFA firearms with class 2 tax stamp.

According to the indictment, the STEN receiver was not registered to them and was not serialized, as required. Likewise, according to the indictment, the suppressors were not registered to them.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Ok, all that being said Jarts are awesome.
    I used to have a set of Jarts from the 80s until I lost them in a boating accident. Unfortunately, the plastic veins deteriorated and I couldn't figure out how to replace them, so I just kept them on the boat.. until I lost them. lol

I was gifted them 20 years ago and my friend says, "not only are jarts fun to play, but if all of the annoying neighbor kids are in your yard... just start up a game and the parents will make them come home ASAP. Probably before you can say LETS SEE HOW HIGH WE CAN THROW THESE JARTS!"

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Another reminder of the attitude "what .gov doesnt know wont hurt them.(me) " Just remember that just because they dont know about it NOW, doesnt mean it wont come back to bite you in the butt if an unrelated incident causes .gov (state or federal) to come snooping around your AO. I recall another INGOer being visited by Johnny Law for other reasons who discovered some of them there "dont know/wont hurt" items existed... and suddenly they (.gov) DID know about them and it DID hurt them (INGOer).

I do not seem to recall this.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'm no fan of the NFA, but as was said earlier I just assume that one day anything I may have illegal will eventually be found out. It's not worth being a felon and losing all my future rights to do basically anything. Having said that, at some point in the country we will either lose all our gun rights or we'll revolt and form a new constitution. So long term I don't think it matters. Maybe not in my lifetime, but within the next 50-100 years.

Top Bottom