• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Trump should have released his tax returns in the same manner as every other nominee in modern history.

You can't really blame people for believing something is there when Trump has done his best to behave like something is there.

You mean like Obama’s college transcripts ? ! ! Certainly was easy to see all of those, huh ?

I think you would be less disingenuous if you were to just admit that you will only be satisfied when Trump is successfully impeached.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You mean like Obama’s college transcripts ? ! ! Certainly was easy to see all of those, huh ?

I think you would be less disingenuous if you were to just admit that you will only be satisfied when Trump is successfully impeached.

-whataboutism

-strawman

'Kay.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a question for the assembly of minds!

Is it legal just to obtain President DJT tax returns for no reason?
    Would that not fall under unreasonable search and seizure?
    Does this create a situation that the IRS could be used as a weapon against anyone?

It has already been weaponized by Obama. He used the IRS against he political enemy's. It was proven in court. This is not a new page in the dems hand book.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trump should have released his tax returns in the same manner as every other nominee in modern history.

You can't really blame people for believing something is there when Trump has done his best to behave like something is there.

Oh please. Seriously. Think about this for minute. I will not go straw man here but really.

If there was an iota of anything here the IRS would have already been straight up his tail section.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Maybe they should also ask to see Bernie Sander’s tax returns as well. Apparently he’s not been forthcoming in releasing his as he promised. Wonder why?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

And what is in those tax returns that you want to see that impacts someone’s ability to be President?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Mr. Trump, as are most in high finance, is under constant scrutiny by the IRS.

I have a good friend, a contractor that only did $1,000,000 annually because the tax code at the time made it useless to make more. He was audited yearly and never found to be at fault.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes, according to current law. Will almost certainly be challenged in court

Maybe. Might be the direction taken by legal teams in refusal to comply

Absolutely

I move we change the title of this thread to "Democrats demand six more years of Trump"
    :)

Shhhhhhh...

"Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon (apocryphal)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Why? If it is that important, make it law to do so.

And, has has been pointed out: we're still waiting for any meaningful documentation of Obama's life to be released.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    -whataboutism

-strawman

'Kay.

"Whataboutism": what the left (and NeverTrumpers) use to deflect from hypocrisy and double-standards when they are pointed out.

I rank that term right up there with "mainsplain". :rolleyes:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And this is the mindset that actions that violate the 4th Amendment are not a big deal because "I got nothing to hide". Government cannot engage in 4th Amendment violations against even elected officials. The nominees that did release were playing a political stunt you have fallen for and are thereby weakening our Constitutional protections.

Oh, please post you tax returns so we can peruse them to see if we can find something to discuss about you, naw, that would not be right. I will not do so because I have respect for our rights and would ask you allow others the same rights.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My follow up question!

Why do the Democrats want President DJT tax returns the real legal reason?

Is there a suspicion of wrongdoing that went to a grand jury?

I am a small fish but I am in a constant fight with the IRS It’s not like most people where I file a return and it’s done. Audits and recalculated bills are the norm. I received a bill for 2009 last week it’s $64.12 which I will gladly pay to our benevolent overlords.

That being said President DJT is a master at tax codes and using them to his advantage. This may be a huge “setup” the Democrats make all kinds of accusations constantly covered on the MSM.
    Then during the election he releases the returns and nothing is “there”!

BTW
    I hope our brothers and sisters at the IRS are having a great weekend and the even a better week ahead!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

You do realize that a president openly displaying his federal tax returns was started, I believe by Tricky Dicky (Richard M. Nixon to the younger members) who volunteered his returns as a gesture of who knows why. Not all presidential candidates followed his lead, but all of a sudden with Trump it becomes mandatory? Nope, he has every right not to show anything not required by that forgotten document called The Constitution of the United States of America.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It’s a good thing Harry Reid isn’t around to spread falsehoods about tax returns like he did Romney.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    My follow up question!

Why do the Democrats want President DJT tax returns the real legal reason?

Is there a suspicion of wrongdoing that went to a grand jury?

I am a small fish but I am in a constant fight with the IRS It’s not like most people where I file a return and it’s done. Audits and recalculated bills are the norm. I received a bill for 2009 last week it’s $64.12 which I will gladly pay to our benevolent overlords.

That being said President DJT is a master at tax codes and using them to his advantage. This may be a huge “setup” the Democrats make all kinds of accusations constantly covered on the MSM.
    Then during the election he releases the returns and nothing is “there”!

BTW
    I hope our brothers and sisters at the IRS are having a great weekend and the even a better week ahead!

Democrats have wanted his returns for the last 3 years or so, nothing new. The know they lost the Mueller battle so the are reigniting another. Nothing new here.

Interesting the one would suggest that anyone using the tax codes is using them for "themselves" or to their advantage. Interesting because the codes are legally accepted, they are legal; no different that what anyone else would do.

I am not suggesting Trump is squeaky clean.

I cannot comment on what MSM reports since I do not watch that garbage.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Does anyone here actually think Trump does his own returns, on complex real estate transactions? Not in your wildest dreams. Even our little conservation club pays a tax firm to compile our return. Trump has lawyers and accountants that are well versed in this stuff, and a staff that stays on top of his investments, profits, deductible expenses, etc.

Top Bottom