• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Every utterance of that was accompanied by the disclaimer once his tax returns are no longer under audit... which I understand is a perpetual state of affairs. :)

Well, this kind of seems like a set up for a smart win - win

If it gets the IRS to close out all of his audits, then when he releases he can claim the IRS had no findings about any of his taxes

If they do come up with a finding, then he will of course litigate and doesn't have to release

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Shall or must?

So, as this heats up, the Dems are saying that the IRS/Treasury "must" release the returns, because the law demands it. However, it appears that the law says that requested returns "shall" be provided. My understanding is that in law construction, "shall" means "may", as in permitted to do so, whereas only "must" means "have to", obligated to do so.

Lawyers?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So, as this heats up, the Dems are saying that the IRS/Treasury "must" release the returns, because the law demands it. However, it appears that the law says that requested returns "shall" be provided. My understanding is that in law construction, "shall" means "may", as in permitted to do so, whereas only "must" means "have to", obligated to do so.

Lawyers?

My general understanding is the law is for a specific purpose, to be certain that powerful entities are not overwhelming the IRS or getting special treatment. Politicians demanding to see other politicians tax returns will likely go all the way to SCOTUS...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Lawyers?

Not so sure, think of CCWs (LTCH). Shall issue means you ask for it you get it, as long as there is nothing disqualifying in your background. May issue can mean like NY, you need to be rich or connected and preferrably both

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Heck, I'll give them 6 years of my tax returns if, in exchange, they agree to listen to 10 minutes of rant, for each year, about tax policy, spending and taxes in general.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like proof that Hillary is guilty of Chinese collusion to me, close enough for MSM standards anyway.
    IKR. The Democrats and the MSM touted Trumps obvious jab at the HRC missing email scandal as proof that he was colluding with the Russians.

Hacks like Swallwell and Schiff still consider it to be proof to this day.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Didn’t Rachel Madcow obtain some kind of copy of Trumps taxes awhile back?

Don’t really remember much on that because I really never paid too much attention to Mr. Madcow in the first place.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This stuff's been common knowledge for decades. But now NYT acts like they got a scoop

D6Da4CbXoAAtNGB.jpg:large

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They’re just trying to recycle this news as if it were something new.

The MSM brought it up during the 2016 campaign and it ended up being a dud back then.

Its an old deceptive trick the MSM has pulled before.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Didn’t Rachel Madcow obtain some kind of copy of Trumps taxes awhile back?

Don’t really remember much on that because I really never paid too much attention to Mr. Madcow in the first place.

Madcow hyped her big scoop for a week before the big "reveal" and then showed one page out of what must be thousands for Trump's returns. That one page didn't show anything that would be questionable, but she made a big deal about it anyway, and proved what a fraud and POS she really is.

Top Bottom