Denver Bakery Refuses Service to Gay couple, sued and lost in court....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Rule of law has shown..you do not have a right to smoke in your own business..

And rule of law in Colorado has shown..you do not have a right to refuse business to homosexuals.

You cannot complain that government is overstepping it's bounds in the case of this bakery owner and then say the government is doing the right thing by forcing a business to allow employees or customers to have weapons on their property.

Do I have the right to perform satanic rituals in my van in a church parking lot on Sunday morning? It's open to the public. I'm inside my which is my property and I have the right to freedom of religion. Are my rights being violated when the pastor tells me to perform my rituals elsewhere?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    In a word...YES. We have the natural right of self-defense.A Constitutional amendment..If you are doing business with the general public,and you deny them the right to be armed..You are infringing upon their right. (For the sake of argument.)
    You don't get to make unilateral decisions about your behavior on someone else's property.

Oh we understand the point you were sorta making...It is just a poor example used to make a pretty good argument. Blackhawk said that if a business would take effective steps to ensure his safety..he might disarm. He has a right to be safe. Constitutional law does not give any hint that the "feelings" of loud minority groups must be pandered to..
    Which is exactly what you are as a defender of the 2nd. I don't have to respect any one of your inalienable rights on my property except your right to live.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    In a word...YES. We have the natural right of self-defense.A Constitutional amendment..If you are doing business with the general public,and you deny them the right to be armed..You are infringing upon their right. (For the sake of argument.)

But you don't have the natural right to be gay or black or muslim or?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    So are you going to seek to change the laws forcing employers to allow guns in employee vehicles as well?

I am going to do what I have always done..Vote with my dollars,and run my mouth loud and long.I intend to support NO business that is the enemy of freedom. Likewise I will carry when and if I please..You have a right to do what you want, I have a right to say what I want.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Truthfully..I believe that a business that is privately owned, has a right to set it's own rules. Having said that, there is a much better argument (in the strength of the 2nd) for carrying an item of self protection,than for forcing a business to serve anyone.

And what would that be?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    You don't get to make unilateral decisions about your behavior on someone else's property.

Which is exactly what you are as a defender of the 2nd. I don't have to respect any one of your inalienable rights on my property except your right to live.

That is true..That is NOT true in a public place,funded by my tax dollars. I recently gave up a non-profit tax status for our church, because I will NOT tolerate intrusion of .GOV into our business. Most of us agree here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That is true..That is NOT true in a public place,funded by my tax dollars. I recently gave up a non-profit tax status for our church, because I will NOT tolerate intrusion of .GOV into our business. Most of us agree here.

Good for you! Is this a growing movement? I've heard this being discussed on some program I was listening to not too long ago.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, it is just our decision, since observing the political direction we are travelling in this nation.

What do you mean you gave up the tax status?

From what I understand, there's a provision in the IRS code that allows for churches to be tax exempt but there are, among other things, certain restricitions on how "political" the churches can be. But I'll bet traderdan can be more explicit.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    From what I understand, there's a provision in the IRS code that allows for churches to be tax exempt but there are, among other things, certain restricitions on how "political" the churches can be. But I'll bet traderdan can be more explicit.

IRS code 501c3 if they go that route, a church does not have to do anything they can simply exist under IRS code 508

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville

True..There were some other reasons that we decided to not take the tax exempt status any longer..We are pretty political. We decided to just render to Caesar what belongs to him, and keep on speaking loudly.

Top Bottom