Denver Bakery Refuses Service to Gay couple, sued and lost in court....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That is true..That is NOT true in a public place,funded by my tax dollars. I recently gave up a non-profit tax status for our church, because I will NOT tolerate intrusion of .GOV into our business. Most of us agree here.
    What part of it is not true?

What private business is funded by your tax dollars?

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Indiana version:

IC 22-9-1-2 Public Policy
    It is the public policy of the state
    to provide all of its citizens equal
    opportunity for education, employment,
    access to public conveniences and
    accommodations, and acquisition through
    purchase or rental of real
    property, including but not limited
    to housing, and to eliminate
    segregation or separation based so
    lely on race, religion, color, sex,
    disability, national origin or ances
    try, since such segregation is an
    impediment to equal opportunit
    y. Equal education and employment
    opportunities and equal access to and
    use of public accommodations and
    equal opportunity for acquisition of real
    property are hereby declared to be
    civil rights

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Indianapolis Colts...Stadiums built with public funds..No firearms??
    First, I don't think anyone would disagree.

Second, if the best argument you have to defend your position requiring private businesses to respect and honor your rights is the introduction of a hybrid version of private/public, then you must not really have much of an argument. Let's ignore the hybrid model since it blurs the line between private and .gov.

Third, the abatement/deferment/crediting of taxes is not the same thing as publicly funded.

Fourth, you still haven't answered the question. What part of my statement is not true? If you step into my place of business, on what grounds do you justify your position that I have to do anything but let you live?

If your argument had any validity, I could come burn crosses or practice voodoo on your front lawn.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    I suppose this means that people here support doing away with domestic abuse and child abuse Laws? After all, if it happens on private property it's none of our business, right? What do you mean I can't build a meth lab right outside your bedroom window? It's on my property!
    Get out of my store! I don't sell food to your kind, and no other store in town will either, You might as well move.

That crap is all just plain evil. You can support it all you want, but I'll stand against it.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Do you think this means that the state is limiting its discriminatory practices or that the state is requiring all of its citizens to be so limited?

It's fairly evident that it applies to the people that comprise the State of Indiana. I don't see how you think it's restricted to the State Government.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I suppose this means that people here support doing away with domestic abuse and child abuse Laws? After all, if it happens on private property it's none of our business, right? What do you mean I can't build a meth lab right outside your bedroom window? It's on my property!
    Get out of my store! I don't sell food to your kind, and no other store in town will either, You might as well move.

That crap is all just plain evil. You can support it all you want, but I'll stand against it.
    Yes, that's exactly what we're arguing. :rolleyes:

Moreover, and it was already stated up thread, what is wrong shouldn't necessarily be illegal. Or I will find something you do, label it "wrong," and lobby the government to make it illegal. How does that suit your fancy?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's fairly evident that it applies to the people that comprise the State of Indiana. I don't see how you think it's restricted to the State Government.

Evident? How so? Seems to me that it's referring to the state in it's actions. I don't see where it is limiting the behaviors of the citizens.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    First, I don't think anyone would disagree.

Second, if the best argument you have to defend your position requiring private businesses to respect and honor your rights is the introduction of a hybrid version of private/public, then you must not really have much of an argument. Let's ignore the hybrid model since it blurs the line between private and .gov.

Third, the abatement/deferment/crediting of taxes is not the same thing as publicly funded.

Fourth, you still haven't answered the question. What part of my statement is not true? If you step into my place of business, on what grounds do you justify your position that I have to do anything but let you live?

If your argument had any validity, I could come burn crosses or practice voodoo on your front lawn.

There IS no real argument that would require private businesses to respect my rights! My RIGHT is to refuse to do business with fools.
    I will however state again, that if a business has been built with the assistance of public funding in ANY manner..it should operate in consistency with state law.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Why didn't the person being discriminated just go to another baker? While it is true the private business owner can do that, I wouldn't bring my money to him because he discriminates.

You discriminate every day, we all do and for our own reasons. Discrimination is not evil, if it's based on rational decision making. Only you can decide what is rational for you. I, on the other hand, would do business with them, but probably not just because they chose to not cater a same sex wedding, but probably because they have a lot of experience and satisfied customers. I have no issue with same sex unions, just don't call it a marriage and don't try to force my church to do them. The state does a lot of stupid things. As we all know.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There IS no real argument that would require private businesses to respect my rights! My RIGHT is to refuse to do business with fools.
    But didn't you say up thread that businesses should have to honor your right to carry a firearm on their property?

I will however state again, that if a business has been built with the assistance of public funding in ANY manner..it should operate in consistency with state law.
    Why do you keep bringing this up? This isn't about hybrid or .gov entities. This is about private property owners.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I think you need to read more carefully...Yes, playing Devil's advocate I did say that! In an attempt to point out the hypocrisy of a state that invades private enterprise to protect the "rights" of homosexuals not to be offended...and does not protect the right of it's inhabitants to keep and bear arms without infringement.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    As a capitalist, I want your money for whatever goods/services I may provide. This is just good business, however I reserve the right not to provide my goods/services to whomever I choose for whatever reason. My property, my rules. If I don't want weapons on my property then no weapons. The inside of your vehicle is NOT my property, therefore it is not my decision as to whether or not you have a weapon in your vehicle. If you come into my business armed, I have the right to deny you service. You as a consumer have a choice, where to do business, if my rights violate your rights go somewhere else.

I am sick and tired of people thinking that their rights out weigh my rights. The first amendment gives me the right to say whatever I want to say, when I want to say it. It does not give you the right not to be offended by what I say.

:twocents:

Top Bottom