• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hate to play arm chair PO-PO, but she didn't have control of the situation from the get-go.

The worst part is the guy will never blame himself for what happened either. He seemed very off. I hope he sits and jail and realizes that he single handily got his own mother shot, for throwing a childish like temper tantrum, over what was probably just a simple misdemeanor shoplifting charge. What an idiot.

This. It has nothing to do with sex, it's mindset. Yes, I recognize the strength dynamic, but her reluctance to handle that situation quickly and forcefully, from the outset, let this situation unfold the way it did. If I ever had to put my hands on someone, there was no pulling away and then telling me what I couldn't do. In fact those words would have never gotten out of that person's mouth because they'd be eating payment with a knee on their head.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right in the home? Ow, that has to hurt.
    Start over.
    Some folks call it a sling shoplifter, I call it a Kaiser shoplifter.
    No? Let's try this again.
    That's what you get when you have quotas. Diversity is not our strength. I've known some women that could do a job like that. Mostly not ones I would particularly want to date, but I don't think they'd be interested anyway. The thing is, just because you can get pistols small enough the typical woman can hold them, doesn't mean you need to be putting these women out on the street. Even if she'd done it right, she obviously didn't have what it took to restrain that guy. But oh wholly carp you don't go in there after a guy that might be reaching around the corner to grab a 12 gauge.

What is your indication that she was a quota hire? There are plenty of instances where white male officers couldn't step up when they needed too as well. The problem, is the general pool of applicants, and the restrictions placed on officers that prevent them from doing their jobs in the most effective way.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Disclaimers- I wasn't there, I had time to think and my adrenalin isn't pumping, and there are several dozen things that could have been done better right up until she caps Mom. At that instant, I think deadly force was probably justified...but geez, getting to that instant.

The one thing that stuck out to me is that the whole time he was sitting on the stairs, she is yammering on about her right to grab him...and and he is thoroughly intoxicated- it's not going to help. I'm thinking that just calmly talking to him about anything BUT arresting him and your right to exert force on him while backup was on the way seemed like a great option. "How are you doing today?" "Seen any good movies lately?" etc., etc. When more people arrive, maybe he's more calm, but certainly then you don't have to do battle alone.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I concur with HM often some small **** chat can turn the heat down on the situation.
    Like Kut added once you make decision to go hands you don’t pull back you are committed. I mean that dude really didn’t fight her hard just pushed her down.

The eligible pool of recruits is getting shallow for everyone!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hate to say it, but...she had no control over anything that is happening, until a fully built male officer came through the door and spartan-kicked the suspect into full compliance in about five seconds. The suspect was more than capable of taking her weapon and killing her, and she was utterly incapable of stopping him.

It's okay to not always be the strongest person in the room. It's not okay to act like you are when you clearly aren't. Something something writing a check your body can't cash.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    FINALLY, someone mentioned that glorious "Nice to meet ya" kick to the face!! I lol'd a couple times on that. This is what happens when all your "hands on" training is done with compliant partners and you come face to face with the non compliant.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    What is your indication that she was a quota hire? There are plenty of instances where white male officers couldn't step up when they needed too as well. The problem, is the general pool of applicants, and the restrictions placed on officers that prevent them from doing their jobs in the most effective way.

It's just a wild generalization, but largely based on her need for training wheels. The fact is, there are a lot of quotas, spoken or unspoken, and she is, say, more liable to be a member of one of the groups that get quota preference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's just a wild generalization, but largely based on her need for training wheels. The fact is, there are a lot of quotas, spoken or unspoken, and she is, say, more liable to be a member of one of the groups that get quota preference.

Is it fair to make that assumption, out the gate, that because she isn't a white male, that her ****up is due to her being a "quota?" Because obviously, if she had been white male, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is it fair to make that assumption, out the gate, that because she isn't a white male, that her ****up is due to her being a "quota?" Because obviously, if she had been white male, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

Well no because white males are not part of ay quotas. Seriously, we as a group (white males) are not at the front of the line for hire these days. The quotas are filled 1st to appease the quota groups and then the white males get a shot.
    \
    This is not a racist hate filled comment. It is the way of things per Gov. mandate.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Well, not that​ conversation, but we very well could still be talking about a deputy accidentally shooting the mother.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I tend to agree that this is mostly true. However, from my perspective on the outside looking in and seeing the people being hired to do police work it would seem there is a serious element of filling a quota..or just PR to give a more kinder gentler feel to the sissy public. Seriously some of the officers I see are no doubt out of their element and at a huge physical disadvantage. Some amaze me that the process decided it was a good idea to give them a gun and badge, because they are as bright as burned out light bulb. A few of the ladies are so petite they pretty much need a booster seat to see over the steering wheel and look like middle school girls that I'm not sure could fight their way out of a wet paper bag too

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well no because white males are not part of ay quotas. Seriously, we as a group (white males) are not at the front of the line for hire these days. The quotas are filled 1st to appease the quota groups and then the white males get a shot.
    \
    This is not a racist hate filled comment. It is the way of things per Gov. mandate.

This actually isn't normally true. Quota hires are traditionally hired last. And in either case quotas do more harm to those within the quota demographic, than those not in it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You guys keep saying this sounds like a "Quota Hire". I agree.

In California, they called it "Affirmative Action". And still do from what I hear. It was dangerous when many qualified applicants were set aside until they met their "Color Quota". Meanwhile you had a class of 90s-100s (%ers) with a couple of 60s-70s. Sorry but I would want to hire the best I could hire regardless of color. It's one thing when it's some corporation doing it but when it came to firefighters, educators, cops, lifeguards, etc.... It was flat out negligent, irresponsible and dangerous.

Dying people don't care what color saves them.

BTW- I've brought up my account of Affirmative Action while living in CA and most people here don't remember it happening that way. I can tell you it did. I lived it. I saw it. I know plenty of great people who were passed by because they were the wrong color. Which is exactly why they supposedly made it in the first place. But just to benefit the other colors.

:xmad: I HATE RACISM! :xmad:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You guys keep saying this sounds like a "Quota Hire". I agree.

In California, they called it "Affirmative Action". And still do from what I hear. It was dangerous when many qualified applicants were set aside until they met their "Color Quota". Meanwhile you had a class of 90s-100s (%ers) with a couple of 60s-70s. Sorry but I would want to hire the best I could hire regardless of color. It's one thing when it's some corporation doing it but when it came to firefighters, educators, cops, lifeguards, etc.... It was flat out negligent, irresponsible and dangerous.

Dying people don't care what color saves them.

BTW- I've brought up my account of Affirmative Action while living in CA and most people here don't remember it happening that way. I can tell you it did. I lived it. I saw it. I know plenty of great people who were passed by because they were the wrong color. Which is exactly why they supposedly made it in the first place. But just to benefit the other colors.

:xmad: I HATE RACISM! :xmad:

Myth. And a commonly believed one. A technical "affirmative action" hire is the result of outreach to qualified persons.

Further, let's talk about the examples you gave, given I'm to only black person I know that can swim, I will ignore lifeguards. But what makes a say a cop or a firefighter an affirmative action hire? In most cases the process involves a physical agility, written test, and then an oral board. Explain to me by which metrics would be used that you would say someone less qualified was hired over others?
    For instance, let's talk about the female in the situation we're talking about... she could ave very likely aced the written, put in solid performance in the PA, and wowed the oral (pardon the pun) board. She gets on the street, and then gets destroyed by some mope. What are the signals that could've avoided that?

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Myth. And a commonly believed one. A technical "affirmative action" hire is the result of outreach to qualified persons.

Further, let's talk about the examples you gave, given I'm to only black person I know that can swim, I will ignore lifeguards. But what makes a say a cop or a firefighter an affirmative action hire? In most cases the process involves a physical agility, written test, and then an oral board. Explain to me by which metrics would be used that you would say someone less qualified was hired over others?
    For instance, let's talk about the female in the situation we're talking about... she could ave very likely aced the written, put in solid performance in the PA, and wowed the oral (pardon the pun) board. She gets on the street, and then gets destroyed by some mope. What are the signals that could've avoided that?

I don't know anything about all the qualifications that they all had to go through to even be on the list. I know there was a lot of physical stuff so I'm assuming they all at least qualified to some degree to have their folders in that pile. All I know is what others in those fields were saying about it. I knew a bunch of cops, firefighters and lifeguards out there. (BTW- I taught scuba classes and we had some great black swimmers as well as a few instructors) I do have first hand knowledge of this process in the hiring of instructors in a few colleges and universities.

And the guys I knew in those fields were not all white. They were of all color and none of them agreed with the end result of what the government was doing. Including a black lifeguard in Huntington Beach who was very offended the they were letting less qualified people in after he had to work just as hard as everyone else. (He was hired before rule change)

As for the "Female" thing?
    Affirmative Action as they called it was geared more towards the race/color aspect but the boy/girl ratio part was also going on but I'm not sure if it was blended into the AA at the time or it was a separate entity. When I was teaching, Affirmative Action had just been introduced so it was being tweaked continuously.

I'm sure by now in CA the boy/girl ratio thing is now more complicated with all the other pronouns that keep popping up. :rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Picture this....

The last pile of applicants' files are on your desk. (as in the last phase of hiring)
    They are stacked from top to bottom starting with the best to not as best scores.
    You grab the first five that you need. There is a girl and an Asian guy in there. Great, you just met your girl quota and an Asian quota.

Later...
    You need another five but you just pulled all white guys. You now need to keep pulling files off the top until you meet whatever quota needs to be met. After 20 more white guys are pulled off, you find a black guy to meet your quota. He's in the 60s to 70s percentile range from your file list but that doesn't matter. Still qualified, but not as qualified as all those you just set aside.

Now we re-stack the file again in that same order we started with.
    After a while, we are digging real deep into those lower percentiles to keep our quota up. Yes, they are all qualified applicants but they are not all equal in there grade/points/scoring/whatever.

Then after a longer while, we are going next door to pull from even lower percentiles in other piles because we have run out of files to meet the quotas. None of this includes the quota timing clause that I've heard about where you need to also meet a hiring quota for the week, month and/or year.

This is what I'm talking about.

thewoods868

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2017
    Paoli
    She should’ve just waited for backup. He wasn’t a threat until she tried to put him in handcuffs. Patients we all need a lot more of it!

Top Bottom