• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I don't care what testing she passed or training she received. She was not capable of successfully completing that call.

It started with shoplifting and ended with an innocent person getting shot. Good God, 'not well handled' is an gross understatement.
    Perhaps the testing and training are pitiful too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't care what testing she passed or training she received. She was not capable of successfully completing that call.

It started with shoplifting and ended with an innocent person getting shot. Good God, 'not well handled' is an gross understatement.
    Perhaps the testing and training are pitiful too.

Innocent? Meh. Not so much. She was actively involved. She was trying to help, but she needed to stand back and let the officer do their job.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what crime did she commit?

"Disobeying a lawful order?" Perhaps I'm looking at a different video. The officer told the mother to "get out of the way, I don't you t get hurt," early on, and she fails to do so. When the officer draws down on the son, the mother actually shields him, and asks the officer to put down the gun. She tries to to push the mother away to get her out of the lone of fire, telling her to "back up," several times. At that point, anything that happens to her subsequently, is pretty much her own fault. That's how I see it. :dunno:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    "Disobeying a lawful order?" Perhaps I'm looking at a different video. The officer told the mother to "get out of the way, I don't you t get hurt," early on, and she fails to do so. When the officer draws down on the son, the mother actually shields him, and asks the officer to put down the gun. She tries to to push the mother away to get her out of the lone of fire, telling her to "back up," several times. At that point, anything that happens to her subsequently, is pretty much her own fault. That's how I see it. :dunno:

.... and also interfering with an arrest?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It just amazes me the lack of regard for LEO's exhibited so much these days.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I think that would fly if the only information available was the officer's story. However in this case the body-cam did not conveniently 'malfunction' or the footage did not become 'misplaced' or 'accidentally deleted'. In the beginning the dumb-ass shoplifter was uncooperative but unthreatening. I think the video shows the officer escalated the situation before backup arrived to the point where she was unable to handle the situation. When she decided to use lethal force she again showed her incompetence by completely missing a very large target at very close range - twice!
    I think the video would not help the officer in front of a jury. However there is an edited version of the video on youtube that looks more in her favor by eliminating the parts where she escalates the situation and goes right to the part where the dumb-ass shoplifter defends his mother. It makes him look more like the initial aggressor.

I would certainly hope that if this situation were 'replayed' many times using a different officer each time in place of this officer that the mother would rarely end up being shot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that would fly if the only information available was the officer's story. However in this case the body-cam did not conveniently 'malfunction' or the footage did not become 'misplaced' or 'accidentally deleted'. In the beginning the dumb-ass shoplifter was uncooperative but unthreatening. I think the video shows the officer escalated the situation before backup arrived to the point where she was unable to handle the situation. When she decided to use lethal force she again showed her incompetence by completely missing a very large target at very close range - twice!
    I think the video would not help the officer in front of a jury. However there is an edited version of the video on youtube that looks more in her favor by eliminating the parts where she escalates the situation and goes right to the part where the dumb-ass shoplifter defends his mother. It makes him look more like the initial aggressor.

I would certainly hope that if this situation were 'replayed' many times using a different officer each time in place of this officer that the mother would rarely end up being shot.

Ah, now I see why you don't understand. You're one of those folks. The fact that you seem to imply that LEO was the aggressor, while trying to enact an arrest (WTF?), and that the mope was "defending his mother,"(double WTF?) pretty much explains why you see that situation the way you do. I would've have mollywopped that knucklehead, and given his mother a field adjustment (at best) if I was involved in that situation. It's your kind of thinking as to why it's difficult to get good officers nowadays. Even when the officer is in the right, they're wrong.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Ah, now I see why you don't understand. You're one of those folks. The fact that you seem to imply that LEO was the aggressor, while trying to enact an arrest (WTF?), and that the mope was "defending his mother,"(double WTF?) pretty much explains why you see that situation the way you do. I would've have mollywopped that knucklehead, and given his mother a field adjustment (at best) if I was involved in that situation. It's your kind of thinking as to why it's difficult to get good officers nowadays. Even when the officer is in the right, they're wrong.

WTF? Why are you trying to categorize me as one of "those folks"? I am talking about this one situation in the video. I am not talking about generalizations. You think you can extrapolate this one situation to where it is my fault that bad cops get hired? That is just a bit over-the-top delusional.
    If the officer had been capable of "mollywopping that knucklehead" that would have been great and the situation would have been handled without the cluster**** it turned into.
    That officer may have been in the right but was incapable of doing right. She does not deserve the awards she will get for this **** up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WTF? Why are you trying to categorize me as one of "those folks"? I am talking about this one situation in the video. I am not talking about generalizations. You think you can extrapolate this one situation to where it is my fault that bad cops get hired? That is just a bit over-the-top delusional.
    If the officer had been capable of "mollywopping that knucklehead" that would have been great and the situation would have been handled without the cluster**** it turned into.
    That officer may have been in the right but was incapable of doing right. She does not deserve the awards she will get for this **** up.

Below seems like you're referencing more that just the case in question, in how it's different from several other instances of wrongdoing only in that this "wrongdoing" was captured on cam.
    However in this case the body-cam did not conveniently 'malfunction' or the footage did not become 'misplaced' or 'accidentally deleted'

So yeah, it seems like you're one of those.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Below seems like you're referencing more that just the case in question, in how it's different from several other instances of wrongdoing only in that this "wrongdoing" was captured on cam.

So yeah, it seems like you're one of those.

It is a simple fact that that has happened many times, that video cams were 'accidentally' turned off etc., etc.. That fact is not even questionable. Look it up. The point is the video in this case documents the officer in this one particular situation was incompetent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is a simple fact that that has happened many times, that video cams were 'accidentally' turned off etc., etc.. That fact is not even questionable. Look it up. The point is the video in this case documents the officer in this one particular situation was incompetent.

Well, it seems you weren't taking about "this one situation in the video," 'eh? The fact that there are unscrupulous LEOs isn't in question, the officer had her cam on, so your comment seemed more a general complaint about LEOs, that wasn't even relevant to the topic.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, it seems you weren't taking about "this one situation in the video," 'eh? The fact that there are unscrupulous LEOs isn't in question, the officer had her cam on, so your comment seemed more a general complaint about LEOs, that wasn't even relevant to the topic.

True enough. That comment wasn't that relevant to the situation in whole but what caused that statement was the edited video I mentioned that gives a different portrayal of the situation by omitting parts where the officer escalated the situation ineffectively. That kind of 'partial truth' bugged me.
    And yes she did escalate it. That is part of her job. When he was uncooperative she should have escalated one step above that to physically taking him in. She was incapable of that so she tugged on his sleeve? Come on. Consider if the back up officer had been dispatched in the first place. The dumb-*** would be in a cell facing shoplifting and probably resisting and it would never have gotten to shots fired.

Her limitations were obvious. My opinion - She was probably dispatched on this call because it was 'only' shoplifting and she could 'handle' it. They probably would not even send her on a domestic without help. Incompetent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    True enough. That comment wasn't that relevant to the situation in whole but what caused that statement was the edited video I mentioned that gives a different portrayal of the situation by omitting parts where the officer escalated the situation ineffectively. That kind of 'partial truth' bugged me.
    And yes she did escalate it. That is part of her job. When he was uncooperative she should have escalated one step above that to physically taking him in. She was incapable of that so she tugged on his sleeve? Come on. Consider if the back up officer had been dispatched in the first place. The dumb-*** would be in a cell facing shoplifting and probably resisting and it would never have gotten to shots fired.

Her limitations were obvious. My opinion - She was probably dispatched on this call because it was 'only' shoplifting and she could 'handle' it. They probably would not even send her on a domestic without help. Incompetent.

Her limitations were obvious, I agree, but there's so much more that we don't know about this situation. Was she a seasoned officer? I don't care male or female, but your first years are tough, and you'll encounter things (after FTO) that might not have ever seen or know how to handle; but you got a badge so you wing it the best you can... sometimes unsuccessfully. And it's doubtful she was dispatched because it was "only shoplifting." She was probably in the district, and she was up next to take the call. Dispatchers are rarely so savvy as to give runs out the way you described. Not to mention, other officers would complain because they expect people to pull their weight. Finally the officer wasn't incompetent, as much as she was incapable. She knew what she needed to do, but just didn't have the ability to do so.

Top Bottom