• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmoffett71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Plainfield
    Wow...even if the kid didn't have a medical issues no 8 year old should have been treated this way. I was very upset my the video and it should never have happened...he was a grown man verse an 8 year old...really guys?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I think you are overstating what impulsivity is. The following are the examples of impulsivity symptoms from the very same source you cited above: "Blurts out answers before questions have been completed."
    "Has difficulty awaiting turn."
    "Interrupts or intrudes on others (butts into conversations or games)."

All of these behaviors are minor and simply need correction, though impulsivity can be expressed in more serious ways like hitting or throwing things. None of them have anything to do with how a child responds to correction. Of course, the child will repeat the impulsive behavior and need correction or redirection consistently. That is the nature of ADHD. That is not defiance, and that is not what prompts a resource officer to be called to remove a child from the classroom.

Ok, I think I see what you're getting at now and I mostly agree. ADHD kids do need correction, but that doesn't mean their next impulse won't defy that correction.

To me, your posts implied that ADHD kids might fidget or lose attention or have a lot of energy, but not cause them to act out or misbehave and that is what I disagreed with. Perhaps I misunderstood

This kid has problems beyond just ADHD, I would wager.

Cola76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Ok, I think I see what you're getting at now and I mostly agree. ADHD kids do need correction, but that doesn't mean their next impulse won't defy that correction.

To me, your posts implied that ADHD kids might fidget or lose attention or have a lot of energy, but not cause them to act out or misbehave and that is what I disagreed with. Perhaps I misunderstood

This kid has problems beyond just ADHD, I would wager.

I think we are on the same page now!

Top Bottom