• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think age discrimination applies to customers.

Age discrimination would be if they refused to hire employees under 21 to work in their store.

I think (not a lawyer) that they can deny you service for any reason they want.

Unless they were a bakery, then they would have to sell to everyone anything they wanted.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Every chance I get, I will go into the local Dick's and buy the cheapest item I can find (on my credit card) and immediately return it. It should only waste 10 minutes of my time. I wonder how much money that costs them?

MH

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Every chance I get, I will go into the local Dick's and buy the cheapest item I can find (on my credit card) and immediately return it. It should only waste 10 minutes of my time. I wonder how much money that costs them?

MH

You would just waste 10 minutes of your time and they will waste 1 minute of theirs while they refund you.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Are we learning from this? Maybe this time?

How many of "us" have supported Dicks with their dollars for the past five years?

I hear you and I am guilty. I have spent a buttload of money there over the years on baseball and football gear for my sons. It's tough because where we live they are the only sporting goods store I know of. Multiple Gloves, Bats, Helmets, Shoulder Pads, Mouthguards, cleets, pants, you name it I have bought it from them. If I can find another option I will. Buying youth sports gear online sucks because every brand fits different season by season.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    With prices like theirs? Wonder if they ever even sold a "ASSAULT TYPE RIFLE?" I was in their North side store ONE time. Prices are like a bigger version of Dons guns.
    As I remember they sold a lot of Troy Industries' ARs back before they stopped.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    i don't care. I haven't darkend their doorway in over a dozen years. Remember Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt gouged the hell out of us on .22 LR ammo a while back...neither will ever get any of my dough....ever. Some of you have very short memories.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    i don't care. I haven't darkend their doorway in over a dozen years. Remember Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt gouged the hell out of us on .22 LR ammo a while back...neither will ever get any of my dough....ever. Some of you have very short memories.

I have not forgotten about either one.
    As far as on-line purchases I typically use Aim Surplus.
    I hate to pay retail for just about anything, but lets face it sometimes we have to. I have no reason what so ever to shop at Dick's.
    I don't like to wear Logo's anyway to support companies like Nike that use and exploit their workers. I will not give any company free advertising.
    Dick's hasn't seen any of my money and they won't.

I will have to work on Walmart, we don't go there near as much as we did when our kids were little.
    I don't want to support Target either, so I guess Meijer will become our new go to store.
    Walmart in general has almost always practiced employee exploitation, a lot of their employees look and act like Zombies anyway.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I honestly didn't remember that about dicks. I do remember cheaper than dirt and I haven't even gotten on their site since then for that reason. I have a list now and I don't forget names on my list

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    BREAKING NEWS
    walmart is saying it will not sell ammo or weapons to anyone under 21.

I may not like it but I can respect their business decission. It's their company and they can run it the way they want, that is until the stockholders tell them different. At least, unlike Dick's, they didn't go all SJW and attack the 2nd Amendment by urging Congress to give the gun control groups everything on their wish list of freedom killing restrictions.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    As I remember they sold a lot of Troy Industries' ARs back before they stopped.

Didn't Dicks have a contract at one time with Windham Weapons to produce AR's almost exclusively for Dick's? It was right before Sandy Hook. If I remember right Windham went into dept to buy new equipment to produce the contracted amount of firearms for Dick's. Immediately after Sandy Hook Dick's cancelled the contract, before recieving even the first shipment, and Windham almost went out of business. In the long run they actually made more by Dick's canceling the contract since the price and demand on AR's had risen but in the short term they almost went out of business.

Top Bottom