• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Does Boeing get to go look at the crash if Iran is claiming the plane blew up on its own?

See this discussion under the Investigation section of the article on the air crash. The Chicago Convention governs who can claim access to the investigation and recovered remnants of the aircraft. The issues as to jurisdiction and claims to access have some complexities. The Ukraine has a right to access the investigation as it's a Ukrainian flagged airplane (by registration number) and carrier. The US NTSB has a right to access the investigation as the aircraft was made in the US (Boeing), and France's BEA (their equivalent to the NTSB) has a right to access as the aircraft engines were made in France. Under normal conditions this wouldn't be challenged, but seeing as Iran has primary jurisdiction over the crash site and aircraft remnants, I'd bet access by the US and Canada in particular (Canadian passport passengers) is highly unlikely. The more likely path of aircraft remnants access by the NTSB and Boeing is the Ukraine allowing access by the NTSB or Boeing once they're out of Iranian territory and jurisdiction. The details of who should have access and participation are explained in the Wiki article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_International_Airlines_Flight_752#Investigation

John

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    From an article I read earlier, Iran has already bulldozed the crash site and removed all remnants of the crash, so not much for anyone to investigate at this point

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

C'mon. When I read the article, I initially took what they said she said as what she actually said. And then I looked up the tweet for myself.

"Trump needs to immediately divest from his businesses and comply with the emoluments clause. Iran could threaten Trump hotels *worldwide* and he could provoke war over the loss of revenue from skittish guests. His business interests should not be driving military decisions."

She's not giving Iran advice. She's saying that because he has not divested from his businesses, that if Iran threatened Trump hotels worldwide, he could act in his own self interest go to war to protect his financial assets. She's not wrong about that.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Associated press verified plane-missile strike videos. Iran denies it happened.
    That should come as a surprise to absolutely no one.

We didn't return fire on Iran following this missile attack. We did not endanger this aircraft. We did not lose anyone as a result of this aircraft being shot down. This is on Canada, Ukraine, Germany, the UK, and other countries who lost people to take point on holding Iran accountable.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    C'mon. When I read the article, I initially took what they said she said as what she actually said. And then I looked up the tweet for myself.

"Trump needs to immediately divest from his businesses and comply with the emoluments clause. Iran could threaten Trump hotels *worldwide* and he could provoke war over the loss of revenue from skittish guests. His business interests should not be driving military decisions."

She's not giving Iran advice. She's saying that because he has not divested from his businesses, that if Iran threatened Trump hotels worldwide, he could act in his own self interest go to war to protect his financial assets. She's not wrong about that.
    Bull****, that’s exactly what she did without”doing” it!! Close enough for aid and comfort for me, because I know the intent was there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bull****, that’s exactly what she did without”doing” it!! Close enough for aid and comfort for me, because I know the intent was there.

Remember how outraged the left was when Trump joked about Russia finding Hillary's emails? So going by that standard, her statement could indeed be construed as "giving Iran advice" (that part directed to jamil).

ETA: Waiting to be accused of "whataboutism".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "provoke war over loss of revenue"? "his business interests should not be driving military decisions"?

C'mon. That dope is really reaching there. :rolleyes:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    "provoke war over loss of revenue"? "his business interests should not be driving military decisions"?

Read between the lines, it isn't about that. It's about subtly suggesting Iran attacks her political rival.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Yea, god knows you can net a far larger windfal for provoking war from raytheon and Halliburton. Makes real estate look like chump change

Top Bottom