DIDNT get INGO LOWER and want to CRY......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Thanks mods and Fenway and the manufacturer and bobcat for making this possible. Seriously. Well done! You can't please everyone no matter how hard or right you do things. You've all went over the top making this one possible. thank you
    +1

I was going to grab 2 or 3, but only went with one to give others opportunity. I'll wait for the next round to try to pick up another. Thanks to everyone that made this happen!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Fully disagree with this.

This was put on as a special buy for those who wanted to show pride in the site or have something unique. There are quite a few people that are going out of their way in making this happen. They did not have to do this. The price given to us, $85 is much less than what the retail on the website says, $129 IIRC.

I have no problems with the free market, but just because someone CAN doesn't mean they SHOULD. This is one of those cases. I understand if someone hits a financial wall and has to sell one. The right thing to do IMO would be to ask for what they paid for it. Deliberately holding one of these then price gouging for a profit will earn whoever does it a permanent spot on my 'do not deal with' list and ignore list.

To me, it goes to a persons character. Someone wants to sell for a profit, fine. Do it with something else. :twocents:

Another giant thank you for the members and mods who are making this happen. For my wife and me, this is a special item and will be treated as such.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Go try to find a DD, Magpul, ARFcom, or other small/special run lower and see if you can pay original retail for it. I'd have no issue with someone selling for a profit down the road, although its on them to deal with the dice roll of the ATF.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Wait, they sold lowers?

I specifically said in the thread asking if people wanted any that I'd pre-order one immediately if they were taking orders. As a Site Supporter I was hoping we'd get first dibs and be at least contacted about them being available... :(

Gutted really. I don't have time to sit here and read pages and pages of "ME TOO I WANT ONE!" in that thread to find out when/if they are available for sale finally.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wait, they sold lowers?

I specifically said in the thread asking if people wanted any that I'd pre-order one immediately if they were taking orders. As a Site Supporter I was hoping we'd get first dibs and be at least contacted about them being available... :(

Gutted really. I don't have time to sit here and read pages and pages of "ME TOO I WANT ONE!" in that thread to find out when/if they are available for sale finally.
    it would actualy make sense for people to be a supporter to buy them. Or pay $20 more for your lower and your $20 makes you a new site supporter. I'm pretty proud to be a site supporter.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Wait, they sold lowers?

I'm with you. I worked a 12 last night, slept, and had an event all day today, so I TOTALLY missed them. This coming from someone who bumped the old idea thread every other week. Man, I wanted one. I would be more upset, but apparently there will in fact be more down the road. It sucks, sure, but I can wait for more or for people to drop off. PM VUPD by the way and get on that list in case people do drop off

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    it would actualy make sense for people to be a supporter to buy them. Or pay $20 more for your lower and your $20 makes you a new site supporter. I'm pretty proud to be a site supporter.

"TT"......thanks for your support and to all who do.
    This is an all volunteer staff donating their time to offer up a special item for the members.
    RobbyM started the process doing hours of research and design work.
    VUPDBlue is doing all the legwork on this between being employed/a father/a Mod etc.
    It has to be made as simple as possible inside those perimeters.
    No, we did not have the time to contact folks. It was pretty clear how this was coming down.
    There might be another GB if this one comes off well.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm already a professional (by trade) at making people unhappy. Being on the receiving end of complaining and *****ing is nothing new to me. I can assure everyone (or at least everyone who want's to comprehend what I'm saying) that I am honestly working to make as many people happy as I can without burning myself out and saying "**** it" and pleasing no one.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Not really complaining or *****ing, just eager to support the site. If I recall when you guys did INGO dustcovers there was more notice and Site Supporters got first dibs. Stuff like that makes being a supporter worth it. I got two shirts, a hat, stickers, patches and a dustcover.

Keep up the good work and if/when someone falls through with payment perhaps we'll be notified so we can have the opportunity to buy one as well. I didn't follow the thread and refresh it every hour to be notified of their availability so perhaps luck will be on my side next time.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I think the lower came out looking great. Excellent work on the logo, its placement and space utilization, and the serial number format. I'm going to try to build mine as "100% Hoosier" as I can.

Top Bottom