DIDNT get INGO LOWER and want to CRY......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I think the lower came out looking great. Excellent work on the logo, its placement and space utilization, and the serial number format. I'm going to try to build mine as "100% Hoosier" as I can.
    That's a good idea. We need to start a thread on that. Does anybody know where the INGO dust covers come from?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm already a professional (by trade) at making people unhappy. Being on the receiving end of complaining and *****ing is nothing new to me. I can assure everyone (or at least everyone who want's to comprehend what I'm saying) that I am honestly working to make as many people happy as I can without burning myself out and saying "**** it" and pleasing no one.

And I'll add to that that VUPD is, hands down, THE best person to handle the logistics of this. He has done GBs before and learned the hard way what to do and what not to do. The rules he set in place are simple, clear, and no-nonsense. He told people, "If the rules of this one don't work for you, don't get in on it." No one was arbitrarily refused and even with what little I can see of what he's doing here, I know that he's far exceeded anyone else's handling of similar. That's not an insult to anyone, just a recognition of hard work done well.

So here's where I stand: Those who got in to this GB, be happy you did. Those who didn't... As long as you don't p**s him off and get on the "will not deal" list, you have what will probably be at least one and possibly two more chances. Screw that up and you might get someone else to sell you one, but that'd be your only option.

:twocents:

Thanks to all who have put legwork into making this happen.

Blessings,
    Bill

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thanks mods and Fenway and the manufacturer and bobcat for making this possible. Seriously. Well done! You can't please everyone no matter how hard or right you do things. You've all went over the top making this one possible. thank you

You feeling ok? You're kinda dripping with positivity and its creeping me out. I worry about you man. :p

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I think the lower came out looking great. Excellent work on the logo, its placement and space utilization, and the serial number format. I'm going to try to build mine as "100% Hoosier" as I can.

That's an awesome idea. I am wanting to build a 458 pistol/SBR with mine. It would be awesome if I could find all the parts from local manufacturers.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This group buy did sell out rather quickly. And based on the last feeler (with 160 or so interests) we didn't see a need to limit the GB to site supporters only. It was discussed. But traditionally, merchandise garners about half of what the interest level is. So we expected around 80 lowers to be ordered. We didn't expect the order to fill under 24 hours. I will be interested in seeing how many orders follow through, as this GB is deviating from the norm so far. We'll learn much to aid us in the next batch.

100 is just enough to prevent VUPD from going bonkers managing pm's, logistics, etc... I know we were handling quite a few questions, suggestions, etc as we were hashing it out the details. I learned there was no way I was going to handle the actual buy, and was more than happy VUPD volunteered for it, because if anyone can keep it all straightened out, it's him.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This group buy did sell out rather quickly. And based on the last feeler (with 160 or so interests) we didn't see a need to limit the GB to site supporters only. It was discussed. But traditionally, merchandise garners about half of what the interest level is. So we expected around 80 lowers to be ordered. We didn't expect the order to fill under 24 hours. I will be interested in seeing how many orders follow through, as this GB is deviating from the norm so far. We'll learn much to aid us in the next batch.

100 is just enough to prevent VUPD from going bonkers managing pm's, logistics, etc... I know we were handling quite a few questions, suggestions, etc as we were hashing it out the details. I learned there was no way I was going to handle the actual buy, and was more than happy VUPD volunteered for it, because if anyone can keep it all straightened out, it's him.

Let's be honest here. VUPDblue has always been a little bonkers. :D

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I had time to get in, but 6+ hours round trip is a no go, & we rarely travel up that way. Hopefully a future GB will allow for shipping (+$) option or transfer handling closer. However, if not & I can't get one....If that's the worst thing to happen to me that day/week/etc., it's a dang great day! Thanks for the opportunity, great site!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Did any of the out of towners contact Bobcat and see if he'd ship to your local FFL's? I know that would double dip on the transfer fee, but it might beat a 6hr drive.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I actually like road trips. I'm gonna make the 5 hour round trip drive. I'll make a day out of it. Wouldn't have mattered where in the state they were, I was gonna drive anyway.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    WTS: INGO Lower

$200 Firm. Only trade interest would be (2) INGO Lowers.

Must meet in the alley behind Denny's after 10pm. Come alone.

(Purple, of course)

Top Bottom