• Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    5wVD7xZ.jpg

17 cents? Thank you. It means so much. We'll send you a picture of Ruger.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've been around only 2.5 yrs. with the same consistent pattern of buying/range time/selling.
    I get grief for it, but I've meet many guys I have bought or sold from, all doing the same thing. :dunno:
    They stay under the radar and are smart enough not to process about it like me (I do love to talk). :blahblah:
    I'm not sure which bothers people more: selling a gun after a short time of ownership, or as one person said, "writing a dissertation about it." :laugh:

I enjoy "the hunt" and the experience of different firearms.
    I learn so much about things I know nothing about: fun!

I have never indulged this much with hobby except with antique cars (owned 6 at one time).
    I sold a house, which is why I could indulge this time also, b/c I bought another before the old one sold (sound familiar?).
    In retirement, I will eventually not be able to indulge, but not this year, or next, hopefully. :)
    My time is limited, and I know it. The clock is ticking, as I've said before.

I had to drop a quick $5k into the downsized house we bought 2 yrs. ago.: that really hurt the "ammo" budget for a few years.
    I will have to get a new HVAC system next.
    The last one was a $9600 Carrier system I got for $6500 (rebates) in the old house.
    That will kill the ammo budget.

I love this site and it provides me with much pleasure. :ingo:
    It has been a wonderful hobby.
    The people here is what makes it so captivating.
    Some of the very best people I've ever met are here: salt of the earth, and they make it all worthwhile.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's a win for INGO. You buy them, review them for us. The only thing we have to do is point and laugh. It's back to school all over again. :):

My mom was a teacher. My cousin is a teacher. My father in law taught at Notre Dame. My daughter and her husband are teachers. You're in good company. Now duck. Incoming spit ball.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It's a win for INGO. You buy them, review them for us. The only thing we have to do is point and laugh. It's back to school all over again. :):
    My mom was a teacher. My cousin is a teacher. My father in law taught at Nortre Dame. My daughter and her husband are teachers. You're in good company. Now duck. Incoming spit ball.

:rofl: You have exemplified why I love this site. :ingo:

Humor with an edge to it. :thumbsup:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I have had a Rami BD sitting in the safe for the last two years. I haven't carried it because it is a little fat and I haven't had the opportunity to get it out and practice with it as much as I would like.

I've thought about selling it or trading it in but I just can't bring myself to do it. I can't claim to have a huge collection, but I must be gun owner type A.

Thank you doddg for your dissertations. I came back to INGO after a couple of years because I was enjoying reading your posts as someone who had just dived right into the deep end and wasn't looking back. I have taken a lot away a lot of useful information and opinion from your posts.

Keep up the good work!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had a Rami BD sitting in the safe for the last two years. I haven't carried it because it is a little fat and I haven't had the opportunity to get it out and practice with it as much as I would like.

I've thought about selling it or trading it in but I just can't bring myself to do it. I can't claim to have a huge collection, but I must be gun owner type A.

Thank you doddg for your dissertations. I came back to INGO after a couple of years because I was enjoying reading your posts as someone who had just dived right into the deep end and wasn't looking back. I have taken a lot away a lot of useful information and opinion from your posts.

Keep up the good work!

:)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Keep up the good work!

I loved my Rami and only sold it when I got another that was more accurate and smaller for pocket or ankle CC (Sig P365).
    The Glock 26 was a CC gun but it could be used as a range gun as well: perfect blend.
    The extra capacity mag made it into something wonderful for the range (big hands).
    You are kind-hearted. :thumbsup: I have learned not to pontificate Ad nauseam, since it drives some crazy, and I've tried to learn from the critics, but to be fair, they warned me! :laugh:

If you like the Rami, besides the Glock 26, you'd like the Bersa TPR9c as well, if you like all metal with a hammer, and new only $400 (never seen them used): 13 capacity, all metal mags.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Maybe it's a case of over analyzing and we are all constantly being bombarded by the next shiny new thing to buy.
    Good luck to you sir and just enjoy that retirement.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You remember when Netflix rented out a DVD? You kept it a while then sent it back & got another one?

That's the company you need to create doddg, Gunflix!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Maybe it's a case of over analyzing and we are all constantly being bombarded by the next shiny new thing to buy.
    Good luck to you sir and just enjoy that retirement.

I am guilty of overanalyzing everything I do: it's a curse. :wallbash:
    But usually, the cautionary approach saves me grief in the long run.
    I guess it causes grief to those around me that have to listen to it. :facepalm:
    I have tried to cut back. Really! Doesn't anyone notice?:dunno: :)
    Every Monday night when I go to a Bible Study/Discussion group in a friend's home in Greenwood, I vow to myself (& wife) to talk less.
    I always ask the wife on the way home how I did: doesn't go very well for me most times. :nono:
    Then, when they ask me to teach, I fall back into my teacher mode & talk too much. :blahblah:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Like a dog chasing squirrels.

You remember when Netflix rented out a DVD? You kept it a while then sent it back & got another one?
    That's the company you need to create doddg, Gunflix!

Now that is 2 of the funniest things I've heard today! :rofl:
    I truly am just sitting here chuckling! :lol2:

And, as with all really good humor, just a enough of truthful observation mixed in to have a little sting!
    Well done! My personal friends over the decades are masters of such. :thumbsup:
    I have been sliced and diced by the best in the past, and with their help, I thought I'd be perfect at my age: but apparently that's never going to happen! :dunno:

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    That it does. Not a typical fan boy. I enjoy about every make and type of firearm but CZ is by far my favorite

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Funny, after 40 yrs I'm pretty much back with what I started.

Last evening a friend (of only 2 yrs.) asked me how many guns I had.
    He had shown me his collection of about 5 older rifles from when he used to hunt.
    I told him I didn't want to tell him in front of others (another couple there at the table where we were grazing).

I live in 2 worlds & neither is happy with me.
    If I tell him I've got XX number of guns, I'll be judged for being excessive, but here I get judged for selling guns and not having enough.
    It's been like that my whole life.

When I had antique cars, I had friends putting $10K paint jobs on their cars (Hudsons & a 1957 Thundbird, which sold at the annual weeklong Auburn auction in Sept.).
    I won't even tell you what I paid to get a 1941 Plymouth painted (I still can't believe it: so low): so they'd make sport of me.

When I was in a car club, and guys where spending $20K - $50K upgrading their roadsters (superchargers/turbos/gearing/wheels/body parts, & the usual), and I wouldn't spend $2000 putting in 4.77 gearing that I wanted (b/c that led to having to build up the pumpkin): so they'd make sport of me.
    In my defense, I did spend $3500 getting a hard top installed for winter driving which is very valuable now that no longer made: going for $5k plus installation (extra hardware needed).

Life is tough: I've never been able to run with the big boys. :laugh:
    But, I have had so much fun living out dreams with antique cars & sports cars!
    The gun hobby snuck up on me: I needed a different CC than my Colt Mustang & NAA .22 magnum I had for 3 decades and had quit carrying.
    Got .22LR revolver for the range & Charter Arms .38 sp snubbie for CC.
    The rest is history, and this site fed the hunger that only those here would understand. :dunno:
    Did I ever mention that I love the hunt? :rofl:
    I bought a gun last night after my Monday night home Bible study that I've wanted for over a year, but couldn't find my price: finally found it. :thumbsup:
    But, I'm afraid to mention it after reading this thread. :lmfao:
    For the critics: yes, I know, I just mentioned it: it was meant to be humorous. :)
    The subtleties of my dry iconic humor don't come across in print. :coffee:

Top Bottom