• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would think your buying/selling might draw the attention of some certain alphabet agency.

It would be like an IRS audit: very boring, nothing to find.
    Twice I've made mistakes on my April tax filing and it was a simple 2 minute call to the IRS b/c I didn't do the math correctly.
    I learned not to do my taxes working the night shift during "lunch" break. :dunno:

I know you can't make money selling guns unless you have your FFL license. My wife can certainly attest that there isn't money added to the coffers.
    I sell for what I paid, sometimes a little less, but I only buy at a price I know I can resell easily since I never know which will be keepers.
    For example, last night I bought a gun I've been wanting to try out, and it could replace another I've got (maybe two), or, I could just resell b/c I like what I've got better.
    I did that with two Kahrs, and two Sig Sauers lately, and even a rifle that didn't fit me.

Back to the point, especially when you include buying hoslters, mags, rails, rings and the such, I'm going in the hole like everyone else.
    I keep records of everything, so I could easily prove that they would be wasting their time.
    If I actually made a few bucks on 1 or 2 guns in 2.5 yrs., I lost it on others anyway.

I have had friends who have been audited many times b/c their charity giving is too high & was a red flag, meaning way above the national average (which is not hard to do), and since they keep proper records, its never an issue, and they give up after awhile and if you own your own business, you are suspect b/c IRS can think you have something to hide.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I bought a J frame dirt cheap one time and sold it later for $100 more than I paid.

See you guys when I get out of prison. :rolleyes: :):

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Life is tough: I've never been able to run with the big boys. :laugh:

Did I ever mention that I love the hunt? :rofl:

This pretty much applies to me as well. When the time comes that I'm not out beating the bushes for my next firearm I will know that the passion has left me.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Life is tough: I've never been able to run with the big boys. :laugh:
    Did I ever mention that I love the hunt? :rofl:

This pretty much applies to me as well. When the time comes that I'm not out beating the bushes for my next firearm I will know that the passion has left me.

Yes, I wonder if I'll tire of it and stop looking at the Classifieds & Armslist everyday and get bored with it.
    It can happen; it has in the past, but that was b/c of working 2-3 jobs and stress of the real world.
    Now it is more of a great distraction with fun added on top since it is all so new to me.
    I'm thinking, it's going on 3 yrs. now, when will I go through everything I'm curious about?
    In the past week, I've bought 2 rifles and 2 pistols, and in the past month, double that.
    So, I guess I'm not bored yet.
    Lately, the new ones get sold right away that I'm trying out, b/c I like what is in the safe better, but my Sig 938 could be the exception I just picked up.
    I did have a Sig 2022 hang around for months b/c I loved it so much, but couldn't sell any of the others that I had more history with.
    Evidence that I'm still having fun.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Trimming a safe is a little more difficult than trimming a tree, but worth it.
    Way to get into the Christmas spirit!
    Though I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to do the decorating...

images

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    but my Sig 938 could be the exception I just picked up.

Do you have the Hogue grips on yours?

I enjoy mine, it is a wonderful concealment piece for summer. It took some time and practice with it since it is small. Although I found it very capable and comfortable for a 9mm in that package size.

A couple weeks ago I was shooting falling plates at 20 yards. Not bragging, I was very slow but it is possible. I was doing it as a lark because someone challenged me to do it.

I found I needed to use a little bit of left-thumb pressure against the frame to keep from pushing it over while pulling the trigger.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do you have the Hogue grips on yours?
    I enjoy mine, it is a wonderful concealment piece for summer. It took some time and practice with it since it is small. Although I found it very capable and comfortable for a 9mm in that package size.
    A couple weeks ago I was shooting falling plates at 20 yards. Not bragging, I was very slow but it is possible. I was doing it as a lark because someone challenged me to do it.
    I found I needed to use a little bit of left-thumb pressure against the frame to keep from pushing it over while pulling the trigger.

No, wood, and it's fine, so I won't buy the Hogue, not going to be a range gun.
    Just got back from the range with it.
    I really like it.
    I'll have to see if the Shield 2.0 gets sold and I keep the Sig 938 instead: close call especially since I love them both but can't justify keeping both in the safe.
    My 1st time shooting today it at 20' with the bottom 2 targets on a rest, just for fun to find out how off I was:
    H15Nxs8.jpg

I shot it at 30' just as well:
    bq0LMov.jpg

Instead of trimming the safe buy another one and fill it lol.

My wife better not find out my mind is being filled with such suggestions: she thinks I'm out of control. :rofl:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Difficulty Trimming the Safe

Buying guns should never be a problem.

Not having enough safes to hold them all.... That can be a problem.

hpyb6Vg.jpg

It's a win for INGO. You buy them, review them for us. The only thing we have to do is point and laugh. It's back to school all over again. :):

My mom was a teacher. My cousin is a teacher. My father in law taught at Notre Dame. My daughter and her husband are teachers. You're in good company. Now duck. Incoming spit ball.

What?
    You leave me out of it.
    kTemzdj.gif

zz47331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Connersville
    I have a bad problem I buy to sale but for some odd reason they have a problem leaving the place after they get here kinda like feeding a stray cat it won’t leave. LOL

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    No, wood, and it's fine, so I won't buy the Hogue, not going to be a range gun.
    Just got back from the range with it.
    I really like it.
    I'll have to see if the Shield 2.0 gets sold and I keep the Sig 938 instead: close call especially since I love them both but can't justify keeping both in the safe.
    My 1st time shooting today it at 20' with the bottom 2 targets on a rest, just for fun to find out how off I was:
    H15Nxs8.jpg

I shot it at 30' just as well:
    bq0LMov.jpg

I was just curious.

I've tried it both with and without and with the pinky extension on the mags. I do much better with the pinky extension on the mags than just trying a two finger grip.

I've only got an opportunity to shoot a shield once. Meh, I just can't get into the feel of polymers. They shoot fine, it is just a personal preference.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm down to the ones shown below for small CC.
    Don't want to get rid of the smallest for those times when I want that (Beretta .32 acp).
    Needed that last night for a fundraiser/dinner but used the Sig 938 instead I just got this week: possibility of selling the Beretta .32 as "smallest" option.
    Love the Sig 938 (perfect small size yet accurate), after waiting over a year to find pricing I could live with (and it came with 4 mags!).

Only 2 of the 3 revolvers count: Kimber .357 & Ruger LCRx .38 special, for a heavier & lighter revolver CC, of which I use either most of the time.
    The other revolver shouldn't be in this pic: a Ruger LCR .22LR, which I like to use for trigger control practice.
    I have a 1962 Hi-Standard revolver I could use for that but the D/A trigger pull is literally staggering, so not much practice there.
    I swear it must be at least 30# (how do you check something like that :dunno:).

Then there is the tricky one on the end: Ruger SR9c, with its 10 AND 17 round magazines of which I have some emotional investment b/c the Wizard did a little bit of trigger work and a bushing for his daughter, and that adds value to me for personal reasons adding to its "story/profile."

Since I have my Bersa TPR9c for sale (not to be confused with the Bersa TP9 XT that sold to a member), the SR9c is my only larger capacity (10 & 17 rd.), yet smaller 9mm for CC that I have left since I've sold others of late that also shared that function.

But, I "never" CC anything but a revolver 90% of the time with only occasionally using a smaller 9mm. (never a bigger 9mm)
    The SR9c having a 17 rd. extra magazine as a backup for a CC gun is an extraordinary option though! (imo)

qgLhZVY.jpg
    bs0fwtx.jpg
    3DsCuW4.jpg
    nDdEi9d.jpg

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    938 would easily replace beretta imo based on width. If you don’t carry them i am always of the mind to get better range toys. Lcrx is a great option. I actually picked up one today after not having one for a couple years.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    938 would easily replace beretta imo based on width. If you don’t carry them i am always of the mind to get better range toys. Lcrx is a great option. I actually picked up one today after not having one for a couple years.

I've been told that in a private email, and I have considered that.
    Time will tell.
    Since the length is nearly 2" shorter (4.9 vs 6.9) and height 1" shorter (3.7 vs 4.6) on the Beretta, it is a level smaller when needed.
    I will keep track and if I find that I'm not using the Beretta I'll sell it.
    I usually use a revolver anyway (Ruger LCRx .38 or Kimber .357 D/A only).
    I had the Ruger LCR .357 D/A only that I wish I'd kept b/c the trigger was exceptional, but I wanted to go lighter and got the .38 LCRx thinking the trigger would be the same in D/A, but no.
    I always wondered if it was b/c it had a hammer, is that why the trigger was not as good.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Trimming the safe worked well this week.
    Sold a Henry Rifle & a Bersa XT competition pistol.
    Glad a member I'd met months ago grabbed the XT since it was one of my favorites.
    But, almost bought a Sig P365 this week (w/safety like I want), but deal fell through for Sat. am b/c a family member bought it out from under me.
    Not a problem since I'm still enjoying the Sig 938 I got a couple of weeks ago.

AlienRayGun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 28, 2019
    Indy
    Trimming the safe worked well this week.
    Sold a Henry Rifle & a Bersa XT competition pistol.

Which model Henry?

I have a Golden Boy God Bless America Edition coming next week to review. I wanted the God Bless America Edition Big Boy, but they are trying to move the .22 for Xmas.

Top Bottom