• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Oh, come on now guys, we all know there are unspoken questsions we ask ourselves when buying a gun that are: Will it make me look fat when I wear it? and Does it go with my shoes?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The wife was never worried about colors, but when she picked out her "official" gun, she picked that Beretta PX4 Storm sc.... she thought it was pretty.
    Whatever makes her happy, makes me happy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    People who know nothing default to what they do know, which is superficial looks.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was at a local shop last week and a man and woman were in there looking at handguns for her....she would hold one and then hold it out at arms length and comment on the appearance of the pistol...This ones ugly, this one is pretty etc... her man was also commenting on them strictly by their looks...Little to no mention or discussion regarding caliber, brand, reliability etc....It was all about the cosmetics...I just shook my head at the comments..

Now I know everyone likes a nice looking firearm, but to make your decision to purchase and carry based solely on what it looks like is crazy to me....does anyone actually do that????

Well, you don't expect her to actually shoot and train with it, do you?!

We all know that guns are talismans that can sit in a locked box at the bottom of your closet and magically protect you from danger.

In all fairness, are you sure this was a tool for her? For my wife, her guns are strict range guns; she doesn't carry.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I dont care what draws people to the "community". Just get 'em there and the learning process begins. Then the aesthetics stuff will go out the window.

Well, not really. I've owned many guns over the last 3 decades and though I am over the aesthetics of guns, I do love and appreciate the utilitarian design of Glocks and H&K. Also, I do love the looks of an all black rifle with a G.I. mag jammed in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I don't ordinarily buy a gun because it looks pretty(Well, sometimes I do), but if you have several choices that will all fulfill whatever need you are filling, why would you get the ugly choice?

I guess that's why I don't own a Glock at the moment.:)

apache67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I once had an opportunity to buy a S&W 3913 (I think) at a great price, but it had "Lady Smith" on the side. I passed on it because of that. I wish I hadn't.
    Insecure? LOL! :):

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Does it matter so long as it gets more people especially women involved? Obviously, I wouldn't go to these people for advice, hope if it gets their foot in the door, I'm all for it.

Myself personally, I have function covered, now im looking for form.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I suppose you could make the argument that if you don't like the appearance of the pistol you won't practice/carry it. Not surprising that it was a woman.

Top Bottom