• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Meh, they are one of the 'big box stores' so I tend to just noodle through the glass. I don't like not knowing the guy behind the counter or being told what I want/need - lots of opinions and the only one that counts is mine. When it's time to actually purchase I head to my local guy. I'd rather my money be spent locally with a business I've purchased from before. Hope it works out for you, certainly one heck of a first post.

BT - that is the coolest story I've heard all day! The tooth fairy should probably pay double for the extraction fee...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    How’s about everyone not getting a feelz hurt every time they are not catered to and waited on hand and foot? What do you want them to do, paper another gun to you for free? They offered to do the warranty bs for you, what else do you want?

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    What gun did you purchase? Can’t blame you for being upset for having a defective gun out of the box, but I think your approach after contacting the manufacturer was quite excessive.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Rural King didn't manufacture the gun, and probably had no idea it was defective. I don't think they have a dog in this hunt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OP........That you were dupped is pretty much standard business practice these days. I have come to realize that being a number is pretty much the norm. Especially when it comes to buying a gun in a big box store. I have built some good personal relationships with LGS over the years. If I can not find what I am looking for with them or here in the Ingo classifieds I am pretty much SOL. But, patience will out. Something always comes up.

Welcome to Ingo. Do not take the badgering to seriously. These guys get pretty bored on Sundays.....:):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How’s about everyone not getting a feelz hurt every time they are not catered to and waited on hand and foot? What do you want them to do, paper another gun to you for free? They offered to do the warranty bs for you, what else do you want?

This is what I was thinking. If the OP had gone to RK first instead of sending the gun back to the manufacturer himself, it sounds like RK was willing to help. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Meh, they are one of the 'big box stores' so I tend to just noodle through the glass. I don't like not knowing the guy behind the counter or being told what I want/need - lots of opinions and the only one that counts is mine. When it's time to actually purchase I head to my local guy. I'd rather my money be spent locally with a business I've purchased from before. Hope it works out for you, certainly one heck of a first post.

BT - that is the coolest story I've heard all day! The tooth fairy should probably pay double for the extraction fee...

My wife worked for RK for a while (gun counter and then the "head" of 2 departments) and I heard enough of how they run things to avoid ever going there again. Talk about a poorly run business. I'm frankly amazed they manage to stay open or keep any employees.

This is what I was thinking. If the OP had gone to RK first instead of sending the gun back to the manufacturer himself, it sounds like RK was willing to help. :dunno:

I think, at least to me, it was how uncaring everyone seemed. To be honest I think it was extremely poor customer service that he was treated the way he was (except by the first call which seemed very reasonable). I mean, if you're taking your time to inform a company that they're selling something that is defective, you would at least expect being told something like "Thanks for letting us know, we'll get with the manufacturer to make sure this is taken care of". Even if they didn't plan to do anything about it, that response would not have cost them anything and would have kept the OP a loyal customer (most likely). The way he was treated, he's not only not going to be a customer any longer, but now he's advocating against the store. Not the brightest move the company could have made, even if they didn't care or thought he was overreacting. Again, another amazingly stupid thing done by an amazingly stupid company.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    211ef04fd62b4a08842438df94b5948c.gif

:welcome:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I know I always harp on this, but I wish RK would use 'fine popcorn salt' instead of course grain table salt. Sad.

Thats a big bag of popcorn you have there Rooster... :ingo:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sadly, courtesy and customer service are woefully lacking in many businesses these days.
    You will never again hear the phrase, "The customer is always right."

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I like Rural King for what it is, but ours in Columbus does always seem to be understaffed, and the employees that are there usually seem to be stressed out from being spread too thin. I feel sorry for them and try not to make their situation worse by getting upset. Only bad shopping experience I've had was non-firearms. I bought a factory refurb power washer there that had a big label on the box that said "Do no return to store......manufacturer only.....blah blah blah". Well when I got it home and opened it up it was obvious that someone had returned it once already. There were pieces missing, some things already assembled and a puddle of oil in the bottom of the box from the crank seal leaking. They aren't supposed to come with oil. In fact, when I did get it replaced the new one was dry and there was a bottle of oil in the box ready to go. So I took it back knowing full well I was in for a fight, and I was right. The store manager stood there for 10 min trying to explain to me I was screwed and needed to follow the warranty procedure with the manufacturer. I informed him that wasn't gonna fly, since I opened the box and found a POS inside that someone had obviously tampered with and I never even got the first minute of use out of. I wasn't backing down and was not leaving and let him know I was prepared to do what our OP did and let everyone in my food chain what went down. He finally budged and traded me for another one. We opened the box in the store to verify it was solid.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was not looking for anything and never once requested any compensation. I asked for accountability and requested they find a way to rectify a situation without having to wait for the manufacturer to repair the gun and send it back so my son could enjoy his gift.

Which is it? You weren't looking for anything or you wanted them to find some way to rectify a situation? What could they have done to rectify it once you'd sent the gun back to the manufacturer?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I bet you try for a free dessert when you eat out...

In all honesty, I'm fine with this if the occasion demands it. If I get bad service, I feel strongly that it needs to be reported. I won't complain and be an a$$ when things go well, but if service is really bad, I'll complain with the expectation that the bill will be lowered, or something will be done. I've had complete bills waived and I've also been given gift cards for free meals. Restaurants and similar places live and die by how they treat their customers and if I go to spend my hard earned money somewhere and the service is horrid, for example, I feel something should be done to make up for that.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If you want service after the sale - buy from a local gun store.

If price is King (see what I did?) - then you might prefer a big box retailer but don't expect personalized service.

If one did "slip through the cracks", it would have been nice had they offered to exchange for a proper in stock item BUT at this point, I might rather have the firearm factory serviced.

The real lesson is here? DO NOT purchase a gun without an immediate trip to the firing line!

Top Bottom