• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I'm a CSR at an auto parts supplier, if I talked to customers the way some of these places do I'd quickly be out of a job and we would be out of business. There are lots of ways to talk to customers that is reassuring and putting them better at ease. I get really agitated when I talk to other companys and they act disinterested. The thing you hear the most and I am not allowed to say is "There nothing I can do about it" . :xmad:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm a CSR at an auto parts supplier, if I talked to customers the way some of these places do I'd quickly be out of a job and we would be out of business. There are lots of ways to talk to customers that is reassuring and putting them better at ease. I get really agitated when I talk to other companys and they act disinterested. The thing you hear the most and I am not allowed to say is "There nothing I can do about it" . :xmad:

Yep. Seems quite a few businesses could learn something from just taking some notes from a place like Chik Fil A. Simply comparing the "My Pleasure" response you get to what you may hear at another business when you say Thank you is enlightening. I'm not a stickler for this kind of stuff necessarily, but being in a customer facing role makes you appreciate some of this stuff if you haven't done it before.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To sum up- a mistake was made which they were willing to correct. Not good enough. THEY were arrogant (yeah, they were....they alone​) so never buy from RK again.

Gotcha.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I agree, never bought a gun at RK, but spend a lot of money there on other stuff, always had nothing but good experience and not going to stop shopping there. Life experience for me has been my attitude USUALLY dictates how an encounter goes.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    With all of the chain stores coming out as anti gun, I’m not going to intentionally boycott one of the few we still have on our side. I bought my AR at RK along with ammo and other things, and never had an issue. I’m not going to make an enemy for no reason. Sounds like you already went to the manufacturer before consulting in RK, so not sure what you expected RK to do after that? I’m sure if you would have contacted them first they would have done the leg work for you. :twocents:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of those decide for yourself things.

OMG...think for myself??? :stickpoke:

That's no way to create an angry mob.

...I am hoping that I can get enough proof of gross negligence on their part to have their FFL revoked...

At least Rural King isn't Dicks....that doesn't prevent RK from having to deal with them, though.

Oh, and 1 post and out. Classy.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It was mentioned earlier, the op just wanted a free dessert. Rk offered to handle the shipping for warranty and that is the extent of what an lgs would do, in some cases even more. This was started as a bash mob thread with no substance to the complaint.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I read through all of these posts. I didn't see what specific gun the OP had trouble with. I did see how much popcorn is consumed by INGOers. It is a vast amount. If it isn't Indiana grown, I'm filing a complaint.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It was mentioned earlier, the op just wanted a free dessert. Rk offered to handle the shipping for warranty and that is the extent of what an lgs would do, in some cases even more. This was started as a bash mob thread with no substance to the complaint.

I'll have to re-read the original post, but I had taken it that he was looking for RK to take some ownership of selling items that were on active recall and that had not been "fixed" under the recall already... and he tried to climb the corporate ladder to get some attention on that, and it didn't sound like it went far on that front. if his messaging got lost with RK like it did here, then I can see what happened.

That said, in re-reading I also see this:
    I was not looking for anything and never once requested any compensation. I asked for accountability and requested they find a way to rectify a situation without having to wait for the manufacturer to repair the gun and send it back so my son could enjoy his gift. They simply didbt care at all about customer satisfaction.

Which as we all know for the most part is not going to happen when it comes to firearms (the seller swapping out the firearm, etc after it has been transferred).

I do think letting RK know they were actively selling a product that is involved in a manufacturer's active recall was worth doing, if your aim is to get them to consider that they may want to put a process in place to avoid that in the future. In this case, it seems his goal was to get them to swap out the product... and maybe on another item that would have happened, but not likely on a serial numbered/transferred item such as a firearm.

This response that the OP received from RK:
    I then called the corporate number and was transferred to Jill Adams who was the supposed head of the FFL and firearms for Rural King Corporate. She told me that she was under the impression that all of these particular pistols had been pulled for the upgrade and this one must have "slipped through the cracks" and she said that if I took it to the store they would be happy to send it back to the manufacturer for me
    did seem reasonable, and she probably should have just added that we'll review the process with the individual store... and that really should have ended it, IMO.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, so what is it? Can I take them off the list or not?

Rural King
    Dicks
    Walmart
    Disney
    Starbucks
    Panera
    AMC
    US Bank..........

The only one out of that bunch that I actively boycott is Dick's. Some I don't do business with at all, but it's not because of boycott.

Well. On the other hand, I guess I kinda boycott Disney in that I'm not seeing any more of their crappy reimagined [STRIKE]Star[/STRIKE] Social Justice Wars movies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...This response that the OP received from RK: did seem reasonable, and she probably should have just added that we'll review the process with the individual store... and that really should have ended it, IMO.

The comment about trying to get their FFL revoked told me that the account we were reading was highly skewed towards making the OP look good and to run down RK.

I don't know what the truth of the interactions was or who said exactly what, but 20 years of taking depositions and putting people on the witness stand tells me we did not get an objective rendition of the facts.

Anyhoo, he gone. I much prefer it it when people stick around.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The comment about trying to get their FFL revoked told me that the account we were reading was highly skewed towards making the OP look good and to run down RK.

I don't know what the truth of the interactions was or who said exactly what, but 20 years of taking depositions and putting people on the witness stand tells me we did not get an objective rendition of the facts.

Anyhoo, he gone. I much prefer it it when people stick around.

Ah, i forgot about the revoking their FFL statement. Yep, I'm guessing he is spamming across multiple forums with this rant and not coming back. I agree as well regarding sticking around.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Op also said he bought the firearm and held onto it for an undisclosed amount of time which said to me that the recall could have occurred when he owned the gun.

Top Bottom