• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MArkB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    I don't typically. I do have one next to me, at arm's length and easy to grab, though.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Maybe it is just me and my “body type” but the pistol in IWB holster plays a big role in keeping my pants in position.
    So yes I EDC everywhere to keep my drawers up!
    There has been two times in last few months when I was suddenly confronted at home and did not have time to up-arm. Stay ready my friends.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How do the folks that keep their handgun "at arm's length" move it around their house and property?

Do you take your gun from room to room? What about the kitchen, bathroom, etc.? When you are moving around, is there always a gun in your hand then?

What about outside? Is your handgun on the porch or in the yard laying on something nearby?

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    When I get up in the morning the gun comes off the nightstand and on to me. When the weather is cooler I am usually wearing a hoodie with a S&W airweight in the pocket in addition to the edc. If I am wearing a heavier outer coat the airweight resides there. When I get to work, the edc goes into my tool cart drawer, which is at most 3 steps away from me all day long. Back on and then home at the end of the work day, stays on me until I go back to bed. Occasionally if I am at the computer or whatever the gun resides on the desk beside my mouse.

In 100% of justifiable defensive shootings, the perp decides when and where to engage, and sadly the home is a popular choice. "Nice neighborhood" is like saying "better quality loot here!" to someone looking to steal something. You may not have to worry about your neighbors, but unless you live in a patrolled gated community you have to worry about everybody else! I have heard that the criminal gangs in Oakland, because the area is so low income, take mass transit in to San Fran to "take care of business" then steal a vehicle to get back home when done.

What has always made me wonder "WTF?" is a TV show or movie where the cop or agent gets home or back to the office, and the first thing they do is put their sidearm in a lockbox, or in their desk.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What has always made me wonder "WTF?" is a TV show or movie where the cop or agent gets home or back to the office, and the first thing they do is put their sidearm in a lockbox, or in their desk.
    Seems like they always get jumped when they do that. I sometimes yell NOOOOOOO.

dhunt4work

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    When I wake up, the gun is on me when I am in my pj's and stays on me all day long....the gun that is not my pj's.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    In the house. . no, but close by.

At work I have my little pea shooter LCP on my desk and three rifles within arms reach. I usually only have the LCP here. Putting new red dots on the rifles so I brought them into work and mess with them in between customers. :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How do the folks that keep their handgun "at arm's length" move it around their house and property?

Do you take your gun from room to room? What about the kitchen, bathroom, etc.? When you are moving around, is there always a gun in your hand then?

What about outside? Is your handgun on the porch or in the yard laying on something nearby?

Crickets???

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When I am not in bed yes, when in bed it is in the bed rail holster.

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    No I just leave a few guns lying around in strategic locations within reach while I’m home as the rest are locked away. Atleast one in every room I enter is my rule so I can make my way to another and New York reload if the need arises. My choices are dependent on the range of options I’m given at any unforeseen moment in which I’ll need a firearm and entirely reflective based on the situation I am in. With a whole range of variables at play there’s no definitive go to gun which is why I keep a few different types commonly used for home defense within reach. A shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol cover all my bases so I’m comfortable just lounging around without a gun strapped to my hip. I value my comfort over wearing a gun 24/7 if I’m home.

Doesn’t mean I haven’t fancied the idea of getting a Miami vice/Serpico/Bullitt style shoulder holster for nostalgic purposes :cool: plus I’ve read they are rather comfortable for hiking and convenient during fall, and winter since they are easier to conceal this time of year. Not to mention they look cool.

Top Bottom