• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    See....this is exactly what I mean. It's no wonder my house never gets dusted and the grass needs mowed. :runaway:

Kephas78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Seymour
    As someone else put it. If i've got my pants on, i'm carrying. In my mind it's simultaneously an availability issue and a safety issue. The safest place for my handgun to be(other than my safe) is in my holster on my belt. I don't have to worry about a kid, family member etc, picking it up and playing with it and I don't have to get to fight my way to my safe if it's needed.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    There's no problems with neighbors that can't be resolved with OC lawn mowing.

I recently have started to carry while mowing the lawn..i just feel very vulnerable with the loud mower going..I don't know maybe I'm paranoid....

but as far as carrying in the home, I usually don't simply because I'm like the dad on the Goldbergs...come home from work and the pants come off! Not to mention anyone who breaks into my home and makes it through the land mines of Legos, army men and hot wheels deserves to have anything in my house.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    162B396A-908D-46D0-BBB4-64641C191AC8_zpstwzi1nfe.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Always. well unless I am wearing sweatpants.
    1) I know where it is. period.
    2) How many people that had to draw their firearm would say "Yeah, I kind of figured I was going to need it in this scenario"? SA helps us to avoid such scenarios... My home is not one of those scenarios. Knucklehead crackhead knocks on the door at 7:30 am asking for 'joe bob so - n so' because he met him at a club the night before and wanted to stop by and say 'hi'. <-- true story. No amount of SA is going to make you aware of this while getting ready for work, getting kids prepped for school, and the dogs fed first thing in the morning. (no, I did not remove my firearm from it's holster. But was damn glad I had it on me during this situation where my wife had answered the door to this stranger).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If I am dressed, and it is lawful to carry, I am carrying. So, yes: when I am home, and dressed, I'm carrying. Not only do I carry at home from an always-be-prepared perspective, but I have also found it to be very useful in normalizing my children to the presence and proximity of firearms. My normal method of carry is OWB with a concealing outer shirt, but when at home, I'm often just in a tshirt, without the outer shirt to conceal. So, if I go out to grill dinner, there is every chance that a neighbor may also see me carrying - as well as any of the kids at the playground directly across the street from our house. (Though I doubt any of them have taken time away from their basketball games to notice what the OFWG might or might not have on her person.)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I'm awake and dressed, I'm carrying at least one pistol. At night, my carry gun goes next to my nightstand gun 18" from my pillow. If I'm woke by something that goes bump in the night, I reach for the nightstand gun. If I'm letting the dog out at 3am, I put yesterday's pants back on and slip the EDC into the holster. I generally OC around the house and all of my neighbors know that I carry. I don't think they care but I don't care if they care. Most are gun owners themselves.

Top Bottom