• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Only time I don't carry at home is when taking a shower and sleeping. Or when the occasional female friend is over.:):
    What about when she is under? Call me quirky, weird, or just plain paranoid/crazy, but I have a Glock on an old issue lanyard hanging around the shower head. I’ve been in the shower in a hotel when someone has mistakenly entered the room, and I’ve gotten a key at check in to an already occupied room, so I even “carry” in the shower. Wife said I was nutz, until it happened to her at a hotel as well. At home, it’s folded in the towel, but on the road, hanging in the shower.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    :rockwoot:
    Only time I don't carry at home is when taking a shower and sleeping. Or when the occasional female friend is over.:):

Let's take a moment and celebrate heterosexuality. It is not as common as it once was.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

BKahuna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Almost always. Around the house, and elsewhere. I can carry at work, but have to disarm when entering a client's place of business. I also have to disarm at church, since there is a school attached. Not really happy about being disarmed in such a soft target.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There is a difference between advertising it and completely hiding it. Some people miss OC.

True, but I go places where OC could get me in trouble and so CC is preferable. It's easier to just CC to start with so I don't forget to cover it up when in those locations.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We practically live upstairs in our own respective "offices"... so, yes, I have a gun in my office and another in my pocket for when I go downstairs to refresh my drink... with many surrounding me should the need arise.

On the rare occasion I go downstairs without a gun, I feel weird.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Almost never. It's never too far but I actually HATE wearing my gun at home. Gasp!!!! I know, I know, I'm such a sheep for doing this.... So many years as a district car, I operated 8-10 hrs a day in a near "hyper-vigilant" state at work. I'd come home mentally exhausted. Taking the uniform and gun off when I got home was my attempt to separate myself from the daily BS and decompress. Is it a trade-off? Sure. But statistically, it's a fair trade. My mental health against the highly unlikely event I'll need it. Home is my "cave of solitude" and I think the family appreciates it. I cannot imagine looking for the boogieman around every corner at work only to come home expecting the same.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Interested in other folks thoughts on this.....I would say 98% of the time I carry my weapon on my hip while I am at home. I don't reveal it, it is normally concealed but it is always readily accessible. The other day, a neighbor came over and asked me why I carry a weapon at home. I explained my reasoning to him and he just kind of shook his head and walked away.

It is pretty much second nature to me and I have done this for years. In the past, there have been people posing as door to door solicitors push their way into someone's home and rob them and a few times abused the homeowner as well. I have a few weapons placed around my house but still have one on my hip as well. I asked my wife if this bothered her and she said she was glad I carried in and around the house. My thought is that if its needed, I don't want to or won't have time to run into the house or into another room to retrieve my weapon.....

I am well trained and neighbors, visitors etc. do not even know I am armed at home. I don't believe I am being "paranoid" as my neighbor suggested, just prepared....What are your thoughts? Do you carry at home as well? Thanks for your input....

If your neighbors don't know you carry at home how did your neighbor know to ask you why you do?

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I carry almost always around the house. I keep some readily available "Anti-Felon" loaded firearms, in a couple places. Moss 500, 12ga, in my safe room. 1911A1 less than 6 inches away as I type this. Roaming around, a G19 in a shoulder rig w/ 2 spare mags(Ala Sonny Crockett- Miami Vice), when wearing running shorts. Oversized shirt if answering door.
    At arms reach isnt really.
    Yes, rural living does have knocks on door. Unless a squad is in my view..... 1911A1 is in my reach. (or G19 or 21)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes...Used to not but we had an attempted home invasion about 7 or 8 years ago on New Years Eve at 3 pm...ever since then i do or if I am ready for bed I have one at hand...That New Years Eve I had left my carry piece on top of the fridge...KNEW the ring at the door was my uncle coming to pick up my cousin...i was half way to the door when I went back to the fridge and tucked it in my britches...Ever since then I try to have it on me at all times...

How I answered the door to strangers for six months following that event is not something I am proud of......

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes...Used to not but we had an attempted home invasion about 7 or 8 years ago on New Years Eve at 3 pm...ever since then i do or if I am ready for bed I have one at hand...That New Years Eve I had left my carry piece on top of the fridge...KNEW the ring at the door was my uncle coming to pick up my cousin...i was half way to the door when I went back to the fridge and tucked it in my britches...Ever since then I try to have it on me at all times...

How I answered the door to strangers for six months following that event is not something I am proud of......

Yikes, is there a story behind that break-in? Everything turn out okay?

Top Bottom