• Do you own your own shooting range?

• Total voters

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just always worried that DNR will show up....because it is illegal to shoot across a water way and I actually have to shoot across a crik and the lake.

Do you own all the water and land? Because then it doesn't matter. :yesway:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    yes, in the winter i can shoot 750ish and under. if im shooting over 600 yds i have to shoot s/e to n/w. but if im shooting any other ranges i move around to try and shoot full value wind when im praticing and no value wind when im doing load development

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I can go out to about 200 or 225yds if I mow enough. Gas is expensive so the long range gets bush hogged a couple times a year and I keep 75 or 100 mowed most all the time. I have a big hill, BIG hill, for a backstop. It's nothing fancy, but it's a work in progress. The property is interesting for clay shooting as well. The way the hills lay it makes for some fun shots that can come from behind the shooter.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    yes, in the winter i can shoot 750ish and under. if im shooting over 600 yds i have to shoot s/e to n/w. but if im shooting any other ranges i move around to try and shoot full value wind when im praticing and no value wind when im doing load development
    Sir I envy you. I have heard stories of your range...sounds like a lot of fun.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    My parents have 40 wooded acres. Dad and I have a range about 10 feet wide cleared from our "picnic" area to a steel target stand 50 yeards away. We've gotten a little lazy about clearing it the last few years (mainly weedeating rose and blackbarry briars), but plan on taking it back out to 100 yards+. Since it's wooded it's mostly shaded, target stand one end, picnic table at the other, nothing fancy.

Too bad it's a 45 minute drive...

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    It's not technically my range, but I have unlimited access to it and it's only 10 minutes away. Moving targets, shoot house, and a 400 yard range. It is my heaven on earth.:D

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I have a backstop for shooting handguns up to 25 meters, a portable bullet trap I can put where ever I want and my sons are building a RR tie and dirt backstop which is 50yds if I shoot from the shade of a beech tree behind the house and 100 yds if I shoot from behind the polebarn. It's not fancy but it pretty handy and I can recover much of my lead.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    We have 4.5 acres of our own that backs into 95 acres of unoccupied tree farm.

Can shoot 25 up to yards in the hollow for rifle and pistol with natural backstop. I've also cleared a lane from my back deck to the same for 75 to 100 yard shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_1-enATjlA

picture.php

And yes, Kimble, We have Bobcat steel!!! :rockwoot:

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    It's not technically my range, but I have unlimited access to it and it's only 10 minutes away. Moving targets, shoot house, and a 400 yard range. It is my heaven on earth.:D

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I have my own range. Could get 200 yards out of it. 10' high x 50' wide berm. A shelter will likely go in this summer.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It's public ranges for me. There's a guy in my neighborhood that thinks it's safe to shoot in his back yard, but I've seen his yard,...and it's not. Fortunately the direction he thinks is safe is facing away from my property.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I can't wait until I'm in a position to buy some land out in the boonies and set up my own range (and MX track!)

Until then it's public ranges for me. I'm looking to get a private club membership here in the next few days though.

Top Bottom