• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Any "buzzword bingo" words that add no value to the conversation. Any $5 word, when a $0.50 word will do.

Then again, "hate" is a strong word. Do I really hate any of this? Or, just find it incredibly annoying?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It bugs me when I bump into someone or get in the way and I either say "I'm sorry," or "excuse me" and they respond with, "you're fine."

I'm not looking for your permission, approval or validation. Just say, "it's OK, no problem, no worries" or some other variation.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why do the news anchors and reporters begin a sentence with the words "Now" or "So" ?

I worked as a writer in TV news for a while. I have several rants about news speak and buzz words I can't stand.

For starters:

Speak out
    Meantime
    Shots rang out
    Fighting for life
    The thief got more than he bargined for

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    O-M-G! You guys are haters. But this thread is awesome; truly it is. I mean who doesn't like 10 moist eggs with aioli? I would decimate that stuff, like completely destroy it. Oh snap, and with a few bottles of Artisan craft beers? Perfect.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It bugs me when I bump into someone or get in the way and I either say "I'm sorry," or "excuse me" and they respond with, "you're fine."

I'm not looking for your permission, approval or validation. Just say, "it's OK, no problem, no worries" or some other variation.

So you bump into someone, and then get annoyed when they accept your apology? Bro, you might have anger issues. lol

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

^^^This!!!^^^

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I hate the words "bad boy" Some you tube cooks will say something like this "Let's get this bad boy on the griddle", meaning the meat they are cooking.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I hate the words "bad boy" Some you tube cooks will say something like this "Let's get this bad boy on the griddle", meaning the meat they are cooking.

If this is what they mean - I'll skip the BBQ!
    [video=youtube_share;GazE8PAL-DE]https://youtu.be/GazE8PAL-DE[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I strongly dislike (trying not to hate) "no problem" as a response to "thank you". What happened to "you're welcome"? Hell, what happened to "thank you"?

I have changed that up to no worries when appropriate. But your welcome is still the proper response.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I strongly dislike (trying not to hate) "no problem" as a response to "thank you". What happened to "you're welcome"? Hell, what happened to "thank you"?

I have changed that up to no worries when appropriate. But your welcome is till the proper response.

Agreed, especially when the person you are saying "Thank you" to is in a customer service capacity. The words "No problem" should not be a response anyone in a customer service role uses in response to a "Thank you".

Top Bottom