Does everyone carry with a round chambered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Safariland guy here. The ALS system for my EDC, always. If there’s not an ALS holster for it that disqualifies the firearm for EDC.

Attachments

• C438D3C8-2238-4BAB-9591-B5BB5CEABEE5.jpeg
      C438D3C8-2238-4BAB-9591-B5BB5CEABEE5.jpeg
      400.2 KB · Views: 13

Jmreese54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Franklin
    Always, always, always carry with one chambered. If you qre not comfortable doing so, train more until you become comfortable. I personally carry appendix as well. Its is not common place for someone to stare at your groin and with the shape of my body it also allows my firearm to be concealed even in a t shirt. No printing!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I get a YouTube age restricted content page when accessing this video. Anyone got cliff notes on how to turn off this "feature?"
    I see it too here. You have to be signed in with a YT account to see it.

If I click the youtube link to watch it directly instead of embeded, I can watch it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I see it too here. You have to be signed in with a YT account to see it.

If I click the youtube link to watch it directly instead of embeded, I can watch it.

Gotcha, thanks!

Clicking on the "Watch on YouTube" link in the embed worked to get me there, after clicking through an approval.

neycx1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Noblesville
    Probably just reiterating a point here, but absolutely carry with one in the chamber. It can be nerve-wracking when you're first starting to carry, but you'll learn to trust the gun. It isn't going off in your pocket and if you need it you don't have to fumble with anything.

Gritch

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Portage
    I remember the first time I got pulled over after I got my permit. I had heard that it was illegal to carry with a round chambered. I asked the cops that were they, and the supervisor said, "This isn't Hollywood. If you have to pull your gun to use you aren't going to have a chance to rack the slide. Carry with a round chambered." I never forgot that conversation.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Getting opinions/advice online is fine, but what I would recommend is doing an indepth study of the firearm(s) you own. Almost every modern handgun has a transfer bar that elminates the risk of a dropped firing (the original reason for an empty chamber in a single action revolver) so with a proper holster, carrying chambered is safe and recognized as the only method of having your pistol being an overly expensive rock in a fight.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It makes no sense to not have a round chambered. I insist on a holster that has a retention strap, as well as the trigger covered. If you draw, exercise good and proper trigger finger control, i.e., finger is never inside the trigger guard unless and until you have sights aligned and sight picture is acquired.

Top Bottom