1207146.jpg

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Primary, Yes, Bug, No
    IMG_7146.jpg

Still need to get a hybrid tuckable IWB that'll hold the light (TLR-1s) as an extra cover garment in warm weather is not my idea of fun.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    When the police start carrying lights on their guns, so will everyone else, I'm sure. But until then it's like evolution is frozen.

Personally, I think all pistols made for defense should include a built-in light (and tritium sights). Lights need to be smaller, because any light is better than no light. Now that we have LED's the light could fit in the tip of the tension bar, like some lasers do already. We don't need 200 lumens, 50 would be better than none. So, asmall light of 50-80 lumens should easily be powered by a single AAA, or watch battery, and it should be so small that holsters don't need to be customized.

That's what I see as the future, and I'm surprised at the lack of innovation. We can't even get a holster for most lights at all still, which is rediculous.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    This is your EDC? Or you happen to own a TLR-1?

My EDC is a Glock 17 with TLR-1 on the rail. It is in a Safariland duty holster attached to the frame of my wheelchair. Also have a kydex belt holster for the light. Sometimes I don't carry a weapon mounted light when I carry a different handgun (.38 snubby, 1911 without rail). 38 is also always on me as BUG. There is also a S&W SWAT handheld light and a Mini mag light on me or in my wheelchair bag. I can carry a small arsenal in/on my chair.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    While one of my Sigs around here does have a light on it I don't carry one set up like that. I think lights are good aiming points for the bad guys. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not yet....

REALLY interested in the viability and reliability of the Crimson Trace Lightguard light.

-J-

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Carry a light with you, but not JUST on your gun.:twocents:

More versatility. You can use your light for finding things if you need to and not have to draw your gun to do it :n00b: and/or you can use it as a form of NON-lethal defense. Keeping it on your gun means you would have to draw the gun to use it. Not always the best choice. :twocents:

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Carry a light with you, but not on your gun.:twocents:

More versatility. You can use your light for finding things if you need to and not have to draw your gun to do it :n00b: and/or you can use it as a form of NON-lethal defense. Keeping it on your gun means you would have to draw the gun to use it. :twocents:

Why not both a light in your pocket AND one on your gun?

-J-

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    When the police start carrying lights on their guns, so will everyone else, I'm sure. But until then it's like evolution is frozen.

We can't even get a holster for most lights at all still, which is rediculous.

:n00b:
    I would say the majority of cops carry lights on their guns now. I also would say that lightbearing holsters are getting pretty available.....

I carry a light on my EDC.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I carry a handheld. A Surefire LX2.

No weaponlight.

If you do carry a weapon mounted light, you really should carry a handheld as well.

Top Bottom