• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I found this extremely hard to watch because I tend to jump into things ASAP. But even if not armed with anything, there are so many things one could do and I didn't see any of them being done. Looks like nobody there owns a dog or a gun or a knife. :(

So what's the first thing you would do?

Now, what's the first thing you would do if unarmed?

***Sorry Some Language***
    [video=youtube;6-_OVopYyoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_OVopYyoA[/video]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/postal-worker-injured-during-vicious-dog-attack-in-detroit-captured-on-video

*Edit - This should probably be listed in the "Self Defense" section.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Weird that the dog is only focused on the mailman (victim blaming here) has the mailman been abusive to the dog in the past? In this situation a belt could have been placed as a leash but then you'd have a tiger by the tail. The broom handle applied to the dogs head and face, use your jacket as a blanket and envelope the dog.

This is easy from the kitchen counter!:dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Depends what you mean by “unarmed”. If I have the benchmade I’m goung to try to put it in the dog’s skull. Maybe through an eye socket, ear, whatever works. If not, I damned sure ain’t gonna just lay there. I think when the lady gets there with the broom stick I might try to jam it in the dog’s mouth and pry his jaws off of me. I think before it got to that point I’d want to put whatever objects are available between me and the dog. Does he have a mail bag? Use the strap to wrap around the dog’s neck and try to strangle it. But whatever, I’m basically looking to incapacitate the dog using whatever I can find, tonstop the attack.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Weird that the dog is only focused on the mailman (victim blaming here) has the mailman been abusive to the dog in the past? In this situation a belt could have been placed as a leash but then you'd have a tiger by the tail. The broom handle applied to the dogs head and face, use your jacket as a blanket and envelope the dog.

This is easy from the kitchen counter!:dunno:
    Well. Maybe try to strangle the dog with the belt.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Can't really tell from the video, but was that an initial bystander who hands the mailman being attacked his mail bag? Presumably if so, then mailman told him to, in order to get some pepper spray or something? Or is that initial person the owner? Surprised the initial person did not reach into the bag to try and find and use it. I also applaud the lady who came in with the broom, though she seemed largely ineffective with it (not much force behind the blows).

I was surprised the garbage can being thrown down on the dog didn't have more effect. That dog was amazingly focused on the mailman.

Not sure if that dog is still attacking when the mailman is off screen screaming or not. Then someone comes back on screen that has a hold of the leash? Not sure if that is the owner or just someone who grabbed the leash.

In any case, I'm thinking that the dog would have been kicked as much and with as much power as I had if I was the mailman.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In this situation, I would have no concern for the welfare of the dog; I would seek to kill it as quickly as possible by shooting, slitting its throat, strangling it with a belt, or smashing it with a club.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw that on another forum. Knew it would be here soon enough.

You can kick the crap out of a dog and not phase it if it is on the blood lust.

Other forum CM?? Was it a different type of forum? That's a rhetorical question, there are no other gun forums.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    At least our hero had some tools on hand but it still took him a while to release him. At 4.5 minutes the mailman gets into the car. That's a long time attached to a dog. It looked like he finally got released by a hammer.
    I saw a couple big wrenches but maybe starting with a simple screwdriver would have been quicker.

I know emergency situations have been covered here but just think. As the victim or as a passerby on foot or car, do you have everything in place to take care of this WHEN it comes up.
    Just another scenario we should think about.

I know... I know.
    To truly be prepared for anything we would be driving a tank towing a battleship. :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IM sent to me on the book of faces.
    Texas gun talk is the only other gun forum I look at and post on occasionally. It is a sister site to Ingo.

I guess that's OK. I just don't want to hear about any brisket sandwich summits with that bunch down there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm always totally prepared for that dog.

As I learned years ago from Mercop, one needs to be prepared to deal with the owner of the dog also.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting how poorly that all the improvised weapons worked, eh?
    The lady whacking the dog with the broomstick sure had zero effect. Jam it down the dog’s throat, if your aim and timing is good, and maybe you can use it to pry the dog’s jaws off your leg.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Wow, MAGA hat guy was wailing on the dog with no effect. Could the guy on the car run over the dog?

Good thing Postal workers are allowed to carry guns. Oops, forgot they’re not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Uh, that’s not a maga hat.

I watched the video earlier but not with sound. Just listened to it now. Sounded like that dude flailing his arms about was freaking out because they were beating up his dog.

:n00b:

Seriously?

Top Bottom