• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I say cudos to the little old lady with the broom. If not for her, the camera man would not have gotten involved. Her hits were not making a difference, but man does she have a big set of balls on her.

At the end I actually got worried when the dog started heading toward her when she was going to the house.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why does "Chihuahua" have to be spelt so retarded?

Perfect embodiment of the saying ... "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Unfortunately for the mailman, both were pretty large in this case.

I thought I saw somewhere that grabbing both rear legs and lifting them off the ground would cause the dog to break off his attack. Of course, now you have "the tiger by the tail" and good luck figuring out what to do next.

I never really liked that saying because it's only half true. There are more than just the one factor. It's the size of the fight in the dog, yes, but also it's the physical capacity to inflict damage. Power x ferocity = capacity for damage. I'm not too worried about vicious [STRIKE]Chippewas[/STRIKE] Chihuahuas. 0.01 x 10 = meh. Those annoying little ****ers think they're ferocious beasts, but in terms of threat, they are at most, annoying. Ron Swanson had it right. A dog under 50lbs is really a cat and cats are pointless. Also a powerful dog with a docile temperament isn't gonna harm you. Could if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to.

If that were a little yapper dog in the videio, it would be mildly amusing and probably wouldn't have made it past family and friends on Faceplant. But a dog like this, with power, and ferocity, is gonna **** you up if you let it. Luckily for the mailman, red-hat guy's conscious kept working at him as he watched things unfold.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never really liked that saying because it's only half true. There are more than just the one factor. It's the size of the fight in the dog, yes, but also it's the physical capacity to inflict damage. Power x ferocity = capacity for damage. I'm not too worried about vicious Chippewas. 0.01 x 10 = meh. Those annoying little ****ers think they're ferocious beasts, but in terms of threat, they are at most, annoying. Ron Swanson had it right. A dog under 50lbs is really a cat and cats are pointless. Also a powerful dog with a docile temperament isn't gonna harm you. Could if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to.

If that were a little yapper dog in the videio, it would be mildly amusing and probably wouldn't have made it past family and friends on Faceplant. But a dog like this, with power, and ferocity, is gonna **** you up if you let it. Luckily for the mailman, red-hat guy's conscious kept working at him as he watched things unfold.

Chief Wabanquot would not approve. ;)

300px-Wabanquot-c1895.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Chihuahua is spelled so retarded that when you try to spell it phonetically the closest auto-correct word to it is Chippewa.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dang furriners and their retarded languages... :):

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DoggyDaddy again.

I give rep for exercising the right for responsible use of "retarded". I'll make good on the IOU after I've fulfilled, INGO's retarded "from those according to ability to those according to need" rep policy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nobody carries tire tools anymore?

Often times, if they are supplied with a vehicle at all, they are not in the quickest of places to access.

I have a couple of old time, wooden billy clubs that I inherited from my grandfather. Each kid has one in their vehicle. I've also got another one in my vehicle, on top of my firearm, etc.

That said, the one guy had what looked to be a hammer and the dog was still going after what appeared to be several good hits.

Also would say that I'm guessing some of the potential damage to the mailman was probably averted due to thick layers of winter clothing. Not sure of the exact outcome, but would think it might have been worse had this been summer time and less clothing been involved from a protective standpoint. Mailman appears lucky the dog did not also start going for throat, face, etc from what can be seen on video.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm surprised the mailman didn't have mace. Mail carriers in some cities have mace for this purpose.

When I was a kid there was a dog in the neighborhood that used to chase the local kids on our bikes. A few of us got wise and and came up with a plan of mixing an ammonia / water solution in spray bottles and strapping them to our bikes. Once the pooch got hit with that a couple times the problem went away.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The lady whacking the dog with the broomstick sure had zero effect. Jam it down the dog’s throat, if your aim and timing is good, and maybe you can use it to pry the dog’s jaws off your leg.
    She wasnt hitting it. She was giving it love taps. Look close, she was literally tapping it to distract it.

If someone encounters a similar situation and does not possess a weapon suitable for stopping the dog's aggressive behavior the best approach is to choke the dog out. Assuming you're willing to put yourself in harm's way here, of the dog is wearing a collar grab it and twist as hard as you can. If the dog is not wearing a collar a choke hold putting the dog's throat in the crook of your elbow and locking it in like you see in mixed martial arts is your best bet.

Been there, done that. Fur real. Neighbors across the street adopted a dog from animal control that apparently had issues in a past life. It took to jumping the fence and attacking other dogs. I heard the comotion last summer the second time it happened. I got out there and worked my way into the scrum. I tried that trick and it didnt phase her because I couldnt get past a half twist. You arent going to likely pull that off without a windlass if the collar is at all stout. I was about 5 seconds from burning the dog down when she finally let go. (She was taken back to AC and put down)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back in the bumper jack days, the nice 3 foot section post made a handy club. When you started to swing that, things in the way were hammered hard.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I never really liked that saying because it's only half true. There are more than just the one factor. It's the size of the fight in the dog, yes, but also it's the physical capacity to inflict damage. Power x ferocity = capacity for damage. I'm not too worried about vicious [STRIKE]Chippewas[/STRIKE] Chihuahuas. 0.01 x 10 = meh. Those annoying little ****ers think they're ferocious beasts, but in terms of threat, they are at most, annoying. Ron Swanson had it right. A dog under 50lbs is really a cat and cats are pointless. Also a powerful dog with a docile temperament isn't gonna harm you. Could if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to.

Chief Wabanquot would not approve. ;)

300px-Wabanquot-c1895.jpg

Jamil's "Chippewas" and Doggydaddy's reply made me laugh so hard. :):

I'm surprised the mailman didn't have mace. Mail carriers in some cities have mace for this purpose.

If you go back and watch the video, I think he pulls out an air horn and blows it right in the dog's face or ear. Obviously, no effect.

Top Bottom